It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I found these trolling around in Google Earth.

Note the shadow of the huge tower in the second picture
21 48 59.29S 114 09 56.39E
The Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station is a radio relay station passing messages between Australian and United States' command centres, and their respective ships and submarines in the Indian and Western Pacific oceans.

The 'Very Low Frequency' Antenna Field, towers over the North-West Cape. The centre tower, Tower Zero, is one of the largest structures in the southern hemisphere.

22 14 05.15S 114 05 17.81E
RAAF Base Learmonth is a Royal Australian Air Force base located near the town of Exmouth on the north-west coast of Western Australia. As RAAF Base Learmonth is one of the RAAF's three "bare bases", no RAAF units are currently based at Learmonth and it is maintained by a small caretaker staff during peacetime. RAAF Base Learmonth was an important RAAF base during World War II.

And what is this item in Australia? I found this on a website; it was identified as a triangular UFO!
30 30 38.90S 115 22 57.07E

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You forgot about Pine Gap - the largest of the US facilities on Australian soil.
It is located 12 miles from Alice Sprimgs in the Northeren Territory and is said to be completely underground.

"This 'Top Secret' base is entirely financed by the United States Government, and is officially now known as the Joint Defense Space Research Facility (defense from what??)

Nobody knows exactly what goes on there apparently not even the Aussie Govt. If they do, they aren't talking. American disclosure was never part of the agreement ans the area is officially deemed as US soil.

Theres alot of info just on google, even some above ground pics.
Being Australian, I remember being told as a child that it was the Aussie version of Area 51. There are all sorts of rumours about what goes on there.

Here is an interesting except for the website quoted below -

"Reportedly, extending some twenty thousand feet below the base is a bore hole containing an ultra low frequency antenna which is apparently used for secret experiments supposedly related to Nikola Tesla's resonance theories as well as low frequency communications throughout the world.
Pine Gap's communication systems are the most sophisticated available utilising satellites, microwave, low frequency and their own dedicated cable to the U S.A. Also they are directly connected to Nurrunga, North West Cape, Geraldton, Australian Defence Signals Directorate in Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, all CIA and NSA stations, ASIO, SIS and perhaps one of the most interesting secret departments of all, the Australian Defence Science and Technology Organisation which deals with U.F.O.'s and crash retrievals."

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
You forgot about Pine Gap - the largest of the US facilities on Australian soil. It is located 12 miles from Alice Sprimgs in the Northeren Territory and is said to be completely underground.

23.799 S, 133.737 E
Looking at it now - interesting. Not much detail with Google Earth.

This facility seems to have some connection to Pine Gap:
Joint Defense Facility Nurrungar
31.323 S, 136.776 E

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Wow man...
This sure is something. I am reading the "Unkwown Country" page right now and this could be the beginning of something completely else!

Forget Dreamland and (totally) let go of Dulce. Everyone should check this place out. Of course Australia is a much more favourable location for these kinds of activities. Such huge barren wastelands with no people around.

Can't just all people in this forum turn their eyes here?

Great, excellent, outstanding find earthchild and FosterVS!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Just been looking at the pics and reading the article and WOW.
I think that it has been seriously over looked, but i am wondering what is with the geometrical shapes which seem to have equal sides and angles

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hi,

Just FYI, Nurrungar was decommissioned in 1999, it's operations were moved to Pine Gap. Nurrungar is now available as office space, some 5,000 m2.

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by meurig
I think that it has been seriously over looked, but i am wondering what is with the geometrical shapes which seem to have equal sides and angles

If you are talking about Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station, I was puzzled too. Then after thinking about it and looking at the pictures, realized that at each point of the two hexagons is a tower. I guess that makes it 13(?) towers total, including the center one. Each tower has three sets of guy wires to support it. Consequently that explains all the weird triangles within triangles.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by meurig

It sure has been over looked.
I think there may be some significance to the shapes of the areas, geometric shapes like that are usualy like that for some interesting reason.
Ok... time to start googleing

-fm

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I found another strange site close to the Harold E Holt Naval Communications Station. Slightly south-east, at 21°54'34.16"S 114° 7'54.04"E. Looks like another "antenna farm", more strange surface features.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The military facility at Pine Gap is the largest CIA facility outside the US.
In 2005 there was a break in by a group of civilians, "Christians against Terrorism" , and two of them actually made it to a roof top before they were caught.
The trial finished recently.
www.abc.net.au...

The reason they gave for the break in was to perform a civilian inspection - haha good one.

In 2002 there were a number of protests held, claiming Pine Gap was the key in planning for war on Iraq.
There isn't much that hasn't been claimed to be going on there.
www.uforq.asn.au...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
looks and sounds really interesting. Australia is excelent for stuff like this. I hope someone can give some more information about this... I'm gonna google about this...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Nothing much to worry about on Pine Gap. It's a communications base. I swear it's a communications/communications testing facility. Which means that they test possible communications equipment for better performance.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This map, as well as providing a wealth of detail on Nuclear sites around Australia, indicates a few other military installations.

download the large version here: www.australianmap.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
the place in question is suspiciously close to woomera a remote base used by Bae systems for their UAV trials!!, look north a bit!!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
it even has its own 'immigration reception and procesing centre' and thats in the middle of the australian outback!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Joint Defense Space Research Facility...

That’s a laugh.

Australian Personnel aren't allowed near any of these US bases on our own Soil.

Even our highest ranking Military officials ..heh

A few years back, our government tried to have these bases Disclose or be removed. The US government literally laughed at us & told us no..

How’s that for arrogance!!! Telling our government & military, "NO" on our own soil..!! How dare they!!

One now has to wonder what will happen if El-Presidente Bush cancels the 2008 elections and assumes total power. Our government won't want to deal with a dictator & will likely cancel the Alliance "due to public demand".

I guess if he refuses to remove the bases then, we will know his true intentions.

No way am I gunna be Annexed along with my country into another US state…LOL

They’ll have to Kill me first!!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by FosterVS

Joint Defense Space Research Facility...

That’s a laugh.

Australian Personnel aren't allowed near any of these US bases on our own Soil.

Yeah we are... Both as serving Australian military and as inspectors. Also seconded staff going to an US service can go there and often do. Lastly civilians like ASIO go there and work alongside the US and other personnel. Access is restricted below ground there and elsewhere along conventional lines and the flightpath procedures out at the farm and in the desert are all co-managed by civilians and the military as well as co-managed by Australia and its guests.

Your basic point about US arrogance remains however.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The Harold E Holt base you refer to does make an interesting sight for Google Maps. But it isn't really that interesting.

The base was built after World War II as a communications centre for submarines. Basically the image you are looking at is a large dish with underground cables attaching it.
The large towers around the outside of the base and toward the centre do nothing. They are only there to support six main coils elevated in the centre of the whole structure.
Basically those coils are the focal point and driving force of the whole dish.

Usually the base would only run on three or four coils for communications. But when it powers up to six coils it can transmit a message over the horizon and pierce the water to a receiving allied submarine.

Im sure you are all aware of the recent Qantas situation that had to land at nearby Learmonth airport after it rapidly descended and injured up to 30 people.
It is believed the Harold E Holt base was testing the bases maximum power and struck the Qantas plane 153 km away.

top topics

join