It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Hellyer and intergalactic war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I guess he is the one and the only politician who speaks like this on ufos

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
he is not the first one giving warning about such potential threats.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
RSB...
My oh my. You actually posted this.
Shame.

The man says UFO's are real.
Given.

Then talks about Gen. Trudeau.
Ummm....stepping off a bit.

Then brings up Steven....ummm...ahhh
umm...(looks down) Greer.

Yeah, that's it.

RSB, you have my utmost respect,
but this guy is not sliding down a
slippery slope.
He's fallen. And can't get up.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"Shoot at them" for what? If the world's governments start playing with things they don't understand, they are going to ensure the doom of not only the earth, but humanity.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, RSB

Personally, I like to see anything UFO related, especially if it's on TV, and make up my own mind.

And no matter who Hellyer mentions, he at least has the spine to go on air and speak his mind about the subject. And being a former minister of defence he's going to get more respect than anyone on these boards.

The matter needs to be pushed forwards in a serious manner, given press that doesn't have the stupidity and arrogance to laugh in it's face, and basically be heard.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
And no matter who Hellyer mentions, he at least has the spine to go on air and speak his mind about the subject. And being a former minister of defence he's going to get more respect than anyone on these boards.

If that is the criteria that makes you get respect, then Donald Rumsfeld, by virtue of his being Secretary of Defense, must be accorded the same respect, i.e.: More than anyone on these boards.

Hellyer, born in 1923, was Minister of Defence in 1963. Although he has been interested in UFOs for a long time (read about him here) his most recent foray into the UFO field was after reading Corso's book, which he read after watching the Peter Jennings special, whereupon he got involved with Greer. In my opinion, the Greer folks have exploited Mr. Hellyer by constantly fawning after him, calling him "His Excellency" and otherwise pushing Hellyer as a legitimate spokesperson on these issues who somehow has more to say by virtue of his career as a politician. He is, after all, not a mere mortal, but "His Excellency."

This is somewhat ironic because any other politician would automatically be discounted for the same trait. Indeed, Hellyer himself seems to be somewhat on the political fringe in Canada these last few years. Somehow we are supposed to believe that because Hellyer was Secretary of Defence over forty years ago, what he has to say is more important. He certainly has a right to his opinion, and, for that matter, to exploit his own position and reputation to push his political agenda. Goodness knows, actors and actresses do this all the time.

But the fact that Greer found a politician to shill for him isn't improving anyone's lives, nor is it contributing substantially to the discussion.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
RSB, you have my utmost respect,
but this guy is not sliding down a
slippery slope.
He's fallen. And can't get up.

Regards,
Lex

I've posted this just to discuss the matter. In no way I approve of him. I don't think he knows more than me or you or anyone else on the subject, probably he knows even less (like, he doesn't know the truth about Greer), but him being up on the ladder makes things interesting.

Politicians (smart ones) never speak in public anything which doesn't benefit them, so I wonder what's the agenda?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hellyer has been a Liberal, Conservative and I believe in 2004 was leader of the Canadian Action Party.

In the 70's he had "Slade-class" sideburns and was involved in the UFO landing pad in Alberta in about 1967 while Minister of Defense. His agenda? Free-lunch? Travel? Exo-politics? Interesting Canadian, double-dipper pension too. Used to be know as a "Maverick" or "political bad-boy", most flamboyant. Not my favorite person in Canadian UFO history.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 12-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ha, what a funny video. I fell sorry and almost embarrassed for this guy.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So, who else do we have? Anyone? Who would you like to see on the news being taken seriously on the subject of UFOs?

And who here has the powers to put them in that position?

I get the feeling that there are quite a few people on these boards who would simply like us not to even discuss the subject unless some major irrefutable sighting took place. And since that hasn't happened yet it is hardly likey to happen in the future.

No one who watches the TV shows we mention and discuss here has probably the slightest idea as to what the people being interviewed stand for mentioned. And you can bet your ass the sure as hell had no idea who 'Steven Greer' was when Hellyer mentioned him.

So, instead of bitching about who is trying to get the subject some publicity, how about you at least come up with some better ideas

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
They probably feed us this stuff to build arsenal weapons in space.
I mean what better way to attack your enemies then from above where by
the time they tell it will be too late. I think N/A are going to take wars to a
whole new level.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yeh politicians and actors are good vehicles for muggles to get used to certain ideas. The rest of us can roll our eyes and get on with the job.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
....interesting post from after this guy started talking ET, any new news of the guy? One post mentioned "he'd know more then you or I" -- I like the way that was stated....

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You got any evidence of Greer calling him His Excellency or them even having a connection? I can write a long post of lies too you know. Its easy, anyone can do it.

Character assassination is getting really old you know...

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Copernicus]

top topics

join