It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Nostradamus predict the rapture in Sept. 2007 ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Your psalm doesn't really suggest a "rapture", and neither does the Bible. This "rapture" idea seems to have originated in the 1800's or so, as I seem to recall another poster saying. Where does the Bible say you will just be whisked away and taken away to be with God? I don't believe it does, anywhere, at least when I read it, it didn't seem to suggest that at all. Nostradamus' quatrains could allude to anything, so why does this mean rapture? Reading that I get no sense that there is a rapture at all. If anything, I would tend to believe an earthquake would upturn a mass grave in some place. I'd say somewhere in Europe, maybe in Italy, Mussollini did reign there, maybe there is a mass grave not yet found there of some horrible atrocity he committed?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, now that August is over and the "World will end on August 8th, I mean 9th, no the 11th, wait I mean 18th, oh I mean 28th!!!" threads are now debunked, we just have to get into the "World will end in September!!!" threads.

Someone just go ahead and cover October, November, and December as well

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hmmm.. Its a well known fact that whenever New Orleans floods, the graves(above ground) in that city quickly take to floating away..
It makes sense that this could happen in September in the midsts of hurricane season!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah, the Rapture is kinda strange.

Where did it come from? No one knows!

Someone misinterpreted some texts big-time, shall we say..

You'll find nothing of it in Revelation.

However, there is talk of the dead walking again.

This is the first resurrection, I *guess* this is what they mean by Rapture?

That is when all the Godly people, the Saints of old and recent, the believers are brought up into life again, each in their own body. But their bodies will be perfected in the Lord, so this wont look anything like zombies, but more like humanoid shining alien beings would be the appearance to someone ignorant.

These are raised up onto Earth and rule with Jesus in the Millenial Kingdom of world peace. Then, the Atheists attack! Or will it be Muslims? lol. But they are defeated by Jesus and the supah-saints. You will see me there. That is my team.

Then the second resurrection occurs, where those who will be Judged (alot of them negatively) rise. There may be good people who werent Godly in the mix, and these will be Judged properly. But the evil ones, the unrepetent, the Infidels. But remember: if you were Godly in your life and works, you will be in the first resurrection. And one does not have to be perfect except in weakness before the Lord and in their unprovable faith toward the Lord. So most genuinely good hearted Monotheists that did the Lord's bidding while they were alive will be raised up in the first resurrection. It will be a glorious day, but also a day of such fear! Can you imagine how all those who've been led astray will feel? I hope it spurs major global change, however, the texts say non-believers will be against the Messiah even after he shows up and creates the Millenial Kingdom, which is why Armageddon occurs. Hmm..

The second resurrection will be of all those who are to be Judged. Many will be sent to Hell or the Lake of Fire. Some will be pardoned for living good lives, despite not living in the presence of the Lord. But those who will be thrown into the lake of fire, which is figurative speak for "will no longer exist, even as an essence of God or as a soul". unless you consider eternal torment in Hell existing. I am at odds with Hell, but theres no shortage of downright hideously evil people in the world, so I guess it is needed eh? In that case, the scripture says those that goto hell will be given suitable bodies by the Lord for this. So dont worry, you'll be invincible! You'll just have massive nerves .. and theyll all hurt .. really bad.. lol.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by runetang]

Edit: First of all, do the two witnesses precursor the coming of Messiah and the Millenial Kingdom? I could look and find out and in enough time I shall..
(I got my money on Enoch and Elijah being the two witnesses.)

[edit on 9/6/2007 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Runetang you're obviously way more privelaged and awesome than I

: (

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As long as this is a morbid thread, i can see what Nostradamus was talking about.

If nukes were to hit, beleive me, those caskets burried long ago would come flying out of the cemetaries and land God knows where. Its not so far fetched.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MerryMistressMarie
Hmmm.. Its a well known fact that whenever New Orleans floods, the graves(above ground) in that city quickly take to floating away..
It makes sense that this could happen in September in the midsts of hurricane season!
That's right.
Hence my above post.
^

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe maybe not, Guess we will just have to see if Oct 1st
comes without incident

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

"When the exhausted Sun takes up his cycle
then my prophecy and threats will be accomplished....

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Count_Iron_Maggot]

With regard to the "exhausted sun" taking up his cycle, he may well refer to the upcoming minimum in the solar cycle. Which, according to many solar scientists is to be followed by a solar maximum which mankind has not experienced for a very long time...

We are talking about this solar maximum to being in the next 18-36 mths and to last for at least twice that long....

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
Your psalm doesn't really suggest a "rapture", and neither does the Bible.

The Bible doesn't explicitly say 'rapture' [in English] but, in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17[I believe] speaks of the dead rising when Christ returns and afterward those who are still living will, 'be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. (NLT)'

The Greek word translated caught up is ἁρπάζω [transliterated: harpazō]. Thayer's dictionary of Greek definitions gives the following definitions for this word:

1) to seize, carry off by force
2) to seize on, claim for one’s self eagerly
3) to snatch out or away

As I remember, the definition that is associated with this usage is number three.

Revelation supports the rapture, albeit indirectly, because the Church isn't mentioned from chapter 4 until 19. Chapter 19 is when Christ returns with the heavenly armies and destroys the Anti-Christ at the Battle of Armageddon. The church not being there is the reason why Revelation supports the rapture. If the church was there, it would be kind of hard for them to not show up in the 7 year tribulation that is described.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that there may be a verse too that says something about how the Holy Spirit, which is in all the believers, is holding back the 'winds of evil' and when the Church is raptured, the Holy Spirit is removed from the Earth which gives Satan room to have the Anti-Christ rise to power.

Tom

PS Sorry if the Greek word that I put in there doesn't show up.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by octotom]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
gary7, the moon is slowly moving away from the earth so maybe he is saying that it is 20 years after it is gone

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silencee

maybe he ment a huge lot of bombs!!some could hit a grave yard!!!an attack?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Psalms doesn't talk about jesus. it speaks about GOD

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Why does the great number have to be 2000?

Can't it be 3000? That's surely greater than 2000. So it could be September of the year 3007, that's not far from the 4th millennium isn't it?

But if Nostradamus did mean 2007, he was wrong. Nothing happened.

I guess in another thousand years our descendants will be posting a thread similar to this again.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Dead will not be dead. Christ will regenerate their bodies, giving them new unding bodies "We will be as the angels." The Christians who are still alive will be given new bodies as well. Unlike the Angels we will not be genderless. New christians tend to get too enthusiastic about telling others this good news. All it costs is willingness to believe, acceptence of Jesus, as a knight would accept a king. God wishes to repay those loyal to him. At this Rapture the curse of Adam and Eve will be over. Not everything can be explained with science. Sorry no zombies.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary7
Century 10, Quatrain 74:

The year 7 of the great number accomplished,
It will appear at the time of the games of hecatombe(slaughter),
Not far from the age of the great millennium,
When the dead will come out of their graves.

I think the last line might refer to the documentary being made about the discovery of Jesus' remains. They found a "Jesus son of Joseph", 2 Marys, and a "Judah son of Jesus" in a tomb in Jerusalem. I guess the tomb was discovered in the 1980's, but they kind of went public in 2007 I guess when they decided to make a documentary "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" and started a media storm.

www.cbsnews.com...

Quote pulled from the article:

"We don't have any physical record of Jesus' existence," he said. "So what this film ... shows is for the first time tangible, physical, archaeological and in some cases forensic evidence."

He said that to a layman's eye "it seemed pretty darn compelling."

Jacobovici denied that his film is an attack on one of the basic tenets of Christianity, that Jesus rose from the dead.

"I'm not a theologian. I'm not attacking anybody," Jacobovici told CBS' The Early Show. "I'm a reporter. I'm reporting a set of facts. … It's a fact the tomb was found. It's a fact that Jesus son of Joseph was buried in this tomb. There's two Marys, there's a Judah son of Jesus. These are facts. So what we're doing is reporting saying, hey world, pay attention, don't discuss theology. First, let's discuss the facts and then let's see the implications on theology."

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Rev. 18: 4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Nostradamus himself said that his prophesies go all the way to the year 3797, which carries us to a time after a massive worldwide catastrophe having to do with a meteorite bombardment that results in both floods and an atmosphere so damaged it rarely rains.

So if there's any "Rapture," as it is commonly understood, it would probably be closer to that time than to now.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary7
[Century 10, Quatrain 74:

The year 7 of the great number accomplished,
It will appear at the time of the games of hecatombe(slaughter),
Not far from the age of the great millennium,
When the dead will come out of their graves.
]

Visit this website telling you that A person (Imam Mahdi) will resurrect nearly: www.bayanah.org or www.hadyat.org

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join