It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every 26 - 30 million years it all goes bad ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ive beeen looking up Nemesis and i see that ecvery 26-30 million years there seems to be a amss ectintion, and i ofund some evidence to suport this claim.

www.space.com... ected+by+Raup+and+Sepkoski+at+the+University+of+Chicago%2C+shows+peaks+in+the+extinction+rate+occurring+at+26-+to+30-million-year+intervals%2C+as+indi cated+by+arrows.+Source%3A+Lawrence+Berkeley+National+Lab

I thinkt his si right seciton but if not can i mod please move it, thanks.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Do you know what this information is based on?

Or what kind of life is being wiped out at the high-points? Plants? Animals? Insects?

It's a fairly vague graph. I clicked the link to go back to the article but the link is based on internet history... do you have the link to the article that the graph is related to?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
From what i can tell, every thing. ill look for the link now

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There is some bias to the data. It starts 250 million years ago, at the beginning of the Permian/Cretaceous extinction and includes several minor extinctions. It also appears to have lumped a few events.

A much better graph is given on Wikpedia:
en.wikipedia.org...:Extinction_Intensity.png

...and there isn't a star called "Nemesis" that shows up on a regular basis. Stars (even brown dwarfs) shine rather brightly and we'd have seen the thing in our sky, even without the help of telescopes since it would be part of our solar system. It would outshine Jupiter and even outshine Sirius and the other bright stars of the sky.

new topics

top topics

join