It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joseph Newman's energy devices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I know there are a lot of threads out there.
He does seem to be on to "something' Here is his latest video:

Google Video Link

Joesph Newman website

The website is now making a pretty big claim:

It's Done!
A life's work.
The 7500-lb energy machine will now try
to reach the SPEED OF LIGHT!
Not by batteries or solar panels.
But by GENERATOR ONLY!
THIS IS A CLOSED SYSTEM.
Any size can now be built!
We are now looking for an ELABORATE SITE to be provided
for a continuous demonstration to the world -
visible publicly and on the internet via webcam.

I just don't know what to make of him. He sounds like he has got things lasting longer on the initial charge than is possible? Not endless energy, but more energy that should be possible. He seems so down to earth that it disarms me, he has spent a good part of his life working on these projects.

On top of that he doesn't show out of this world demonstrations, his vehicles don't speed around the track, they just slowly keep going and going, more than seems possible given the battery charge.

What is your take on his work? Is some of it plausible for certain applications? It sounds like for some things, they would work very well. That is if his claims hold up.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Is there a 'Physics Kook's Handbook' or something where it says these guys all have to make their websites with references to God and with giant 22 point Red and Blue letters?

ISTM, he should be able to summarize his invention in one or two pages, using real physics and math (if he's going to use it at all), and there should be easy to understand diagrams.

Everything looks too complex. Why does he need a giant water pump - can't he just run his household off of the storage batteries and show us his electric bill being $1.00 a month or something?

It all seems to require some kind of Rube Goldbergian set up designed to mystify the common folk, and stymie the experts.

Hasn't he been doing this since the 1980s? I think I recall seeing him on Johnny Carson back then.

It looks to me like he's building these large heavy machines, and packing them with expensive neodymium magnets. Then he rotates copper coil wire through it and claims to be producing energy either through turning copper atoms directly into energy, or 'poking a hole into another dimension' and bleeding off power from that.

He's also been known to claim that plants put near the device have accelerated growth!

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
It looks to me like he's building these large heavy machines, and packing them with expensive neodymium magnets. Then he rotates copper coil wire through it and claims to be producing energy either through turning copper atoms directly into energy, or 'poking a hole into another dimension' and bleeding off power from that.
He's also been known to claim that plants put near the device have accelerated growth!

I grant that he is eccentric, but I have not heard the claims you refer to. He does have a history of not delivering the goods so to speak. The videos just intriuge me.

Basically it sounds as if the initial charge of the battery that is being recharged by the magnet/machine mechanism almost fully recharges the battery. It's not infinite energy or free energy in that there has to be an original pool of batteries to keep recharging. Least as far as I have looked into his claims.

Here is a good page that has some rebuttel info on him.

www.phact.org...

www.phact.org...

I would like to see one of his machines up close.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by pavil]

join