It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nascar Nextel Cup Secret Messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Watching the beginning of a Nascar race which is in NY, they sang the canadian national anthem which proudly ends in "we stand on guard for thee". I don't stand on guard for canada, or anybody for that matter, but this really pisses me off that we sing their national anthem. That is not our country and we should not be proud to sing their anthem! After the Canadian National Anthem they had a prayer, which I guess is comforting to some but it kind of makes it awkward for other religions.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
[edit on 12-8-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They ALWAYS say a prayer before the race. EVERY race. They ask for the drivers and crews to be kept safe during the race during the prayer. That NEVER changes. They also usually sing the Canadian National Anthem when they run Watkins Glen, but this week they had one or more Canadian drivers running in the field.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They always do both national anthems, ALWAYS.

"We stand on guard for thee" lol... probably true and makes more sense an Americana saying it haha.

I haven't ever heard anyone complaining about saying the united states anthem. The only people not standing for any anthem is the Jehovah's witness.

nobody pushes you to sing the anthem... just stand for a minute, thats all.

soo... In your opinion, people should only stand for there own anthem?
or... everyone should have to stand for the American anthem and not the Canadian? What if people sat down for the American anthem because they felt the same way as you... I could see that person getting trampled and killed.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You must realize Watkins Glen isn't in Canada, and my only problem here is that we shouldn't be pledging allegiance to Canada. Thats horrible.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I can't explain why they did that. But I think your being a little harsh. Canada is a nice country and would you like it if someone dissed your national athem? I think Acess Denied should get a apology blowfishdl- since she is from Canada.

top topics

join