It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi bootleggers smuggling booze into Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Its untaxed and cheap in iraq man,I sure wish it was cheap and untaxed here..

"Alcohol is banned inside the Islamic Republic of Iran. It is perfectly legal in secular Iraq, even if most Iraqis avoid it for religious reasons. Not only is liquor legal here, it is untaxed and cheap. Stores sell liter bottles of Johnny Walker Red Label for just $10. In Iran, the same bottle commands at least five times the price, people here say. 'A tractor-trailer load of Jack Daniels is worth a few million dollars on the other side,' said Staff Sgt. David Spence-Sales, 34, of the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division. 'It's illegal to bring alcohol into Iran but it's not illegal to ship it out of Iraq... They call us infidels for our loose moral standards,' he said. 'But they live just like everyone else. You have to balance the rhetoric with what really happens.'"

www.nytimes.com...://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-Iraq-Iran-Booze.html

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Its dodgy in Iran already, and i should know im partly form Iran myself and have lived there for half of my short life....most of the people there make their own beer and wine in their backyards

now the really dodgy bit is that most of the people dont make it properly and it ends up being lethal and blinding anyone who drinks form it......dont ask me how, its probably some chemical

new topics

join