It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Stat Clock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is like a view of god's computer screen, whats happening on earth every second.
Notable things are the oil production and internet connections and of course the birth rate...

www.poodwaddle.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
great site, this is awsome. wish I had this last night when I was arguing with my wife over the growth of the internet. Round two!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That is amazing... I'm hooked already!
How accurate is this site anyway... I'm guessing it works off of averages not records.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It says there that the figures are based on past data. So its only an extrapolation, but gives an idea.

Lets say there were 2 births per second last year, so it goes on adding 2 births every second.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow! An eyeopener to overpopulation! How many more of us can the planet support?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Click on now and then watch the abortions:
with every abortion one mother is scared for life, imagine the person and the suffering, the cause and the effects...

I'm not generally against abortions and don't want to be cought into a discussion on this topic, but it personalizes the numbers...

Or cancer incidents: think how the person is just feeling who has been told he/she has cancer.

Suddenly boring numbers come to life!

Sammy

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I had to watch it for more that 1 min 30 s to see a injurie due to war, thought that would be a bit higher - must be watching too much telly!

In that time (apparently) 50 cardio diseases, 22 cancer, 4 traffic accidents, 9 AIDS, 5 TB, and 3 suicides.

Sing with me "and I think to my self - what a wonderful world......"

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Gunna need an update lol... "World Population" no longer fits in the designated box

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Awesome post from August -- had to get outta NWO and go over to the Fragile Earth vaults. Same thing -- 60+ pages, 3k threads. A lot of info, like this clock/stat page, like a all-in-one Almanac for some topics. . . .

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Didn't mean the double post on this one, it's an amazing page thou, put the clock on NOW and watch how quickly the grim news piles up . . ..

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Alright -- feel like the only one out here in compassion for Earth land sometimes, of course there's others who understand -- anyway, thought to try this Stat Clock one more time. It's a real wakeup call to those war mongers out there, money should be used to help the sick, poor and unfortunate. Ban weapons totally, crime disappears and the Utopia can begin. An individual has to reverie dream.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thats interesting, but kinda sad too...

I put it down for a minute then when I looked at it again, 7 people killed themselves, couple drowned, hundreds got diseases, cancer...

Hmm..

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Very cool, although not entirely accurate...

Missing:

Gallons of beer, gasoline, cough syrup, and sexual lubricant consumed.

Pounds of cereal, sugar, and marijuana consumed.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Classic response Anubis Kanubis, finally, my second LOL moment of the day....

new topics

top topics

join