It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military widens door for dropouts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyJo

Are you suggesting a Intrest rate rise, or the Dow Jones crashing would help the US military?

no, not in a direct way....but a family strapped with debt and a home months from forclosure,
in-other-words in a disasterious situation,
might have an emergency family discussion
and an option might be for the youthful son or daughter to sign up for a 6 year hitch & send money support home.

sounds like a script for a 'Lifetime' channel TV drama...

the DOW index, or the NYSE markets would have little to nil impact on
the average poor-middle class families.
the Fed prime rate might have an impact though, as many families may have gotten caught into one of those
sub-prime ARM mortgages that re-adjust as the Prime Rate moves up or down. Holding the potential that their house will get foreclosed or repossessed if payments fallbehind.

but i do see credit getting real tight & stringent - - as in credit cards being cancelled by the lenders & leaving the money starved card holders standing with empty pockets & their utilities cut-off because they could not borrow on ther MC or Visa cards any longer.

i can hear the message now, as the family members confer at the family kitchen table....

Son, stand up and be a man, take a tour of duty in the service---send home a couple hundred a month to save the house & family-- you'll be earning college money along the way thru the Army programs, -- you'll be learning a skill also... Let's Roll !!

that is the essence of a Economic Conscript

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

the Fed prime rate might have an impact though, as many families may have gotten caught into one of those sub-prime ARM mortgages that re-adjust as the Prime Rate moves up or down. Holding the potential that their house will get foreclosed or repossessed if payments fallbehind.

www.news.com.au... -5001024,00.html?from=public_rss
^^
This has been in the Aussie news of late. The Australian Treasurer 'Peter Costello' said that these sub-prime ARM mortgages in australia only account for 1% of all Australian mortgages, yet in the USA it accounts for 15%.

In short, he is suggesting if the American sub-price stocks collapse, the Australia market will be right. This is collywobbles. Where do you think these sub-prime lenders are investing their funds..

Costello, ever heard of an underwriter?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i was in the 1st infantry--and all i can say is its just more fresh meat for the grinder!!-if it wasnt for this being the last term for jr--there would be a draft for sure..

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Glyph_D

I still do not think you understand what I am talking about. When I say it was the right choice for me at the time it was not because I was an unreliable person as I already mentioned. It has more to do with doing my part to remove myself from an environment that was not suitable for me to attain a healthy education in. I was not only dealing with issues that were related to school, though I will say my complete environment at that time was not suitable for getting an education.

If you look closely into it you will see that environment has some play in criminal activity. These people joining the military that have not graduated maybe seeking a better settled environment for themselves. What’s the harm in that?
Joining the military would not be just a simple choice to make as now it is more of a life and death situation. These people are doing this to better themselves, because they believe in the idea of what we are doing, and it is a career they can excel at.

As I said judging them for not graduating hastily is not the way to go. If you were to spend time with them in basic training you may come to understand their reasons and accept them as a close and trusting friend. Stereo typing people as mindless fools because they did not graduate is pointless in my opinion.

Maybe you should get to know these dropouts first. They may actually surprise you and be pretty intelligent.

Raist

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Raist your the exception, you want to better your self
however you are not the majority, and its the majority that concerns me.

im a soldier and i want the best for myself(equipment, personnel). and i want other soldiers to have the best for themselves.

you want the truth? its weakness i see in a "dropout". and i dont want weakness by my side. plz no rants:/

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
In Duhhhh Army National Guard, You Can!! lol.

These are the same type people who were shooting at civilians during the Katrina disaster. The truth is the people in charge of our government including the Army are going to get themselves into a catch 22 type situation.

In one hand they want to dumb down the American populous, but in order to keep a technically superior military they need people with some education.

That's why I feel they want to make the 'North American Union', dissolve the United States as a nation, and foster a new and improved military pulling from the non-educated poor of Mexico.

Just a theory tho

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
you want the truth? its weakness i see in a "dropout". and i dont want weakness by my side. plz no rants:/

people still think like this eh?
too bad

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join