It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Financial Crisis Continue???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
We will get to see what the world stock markets are doing before the US opens tomorrow.

Today 8/12/07

6 PM EDT

New Zealand Stock Exchange

7:20 PM EDT

Nagoya Stock Exchange (Japan)

8 PM EDT

Australian Stock Market

Tokyo Stock Exchange

South Korean Stock Exchange

9 PM EDT

Singapore Stock Exchange

9:30 PM EDT

Shanghai Stock Exchange

10 PM EDT

Hong Kong Stock Market

By Midnight EDT tonight, we should know what is ahead for Wall Street.

8/13/07

I'll list openings for a few of the Important European Markets.

2:30 AM EDT

Russian Trading System

3 AM EDT

Frankfurt Stock Exchange

London Stock Exchange

There are some other useful tools, for watching the world markets in this time of trouble.

Market Clocks - List Openings in your local time of World Stock Markets

World Market Indexes at CNN

We will see what happens, I or others can update starting at 6 PM EDT!

Cross your fingers.

[edit on 8/12/07 by mel1962]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I personally believe so. We've been due a major market correction for some time since we've (US anyways) been living in a false economy propped by a broken and bloated refinance boom. Looks like it has officially festered to the popping point.

If you stay active in your investments you have already moved your retirement to a safe zone and you'll watch the landslide, reinvest and start the ride again.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Go Advice Valhall, I already moved most assets into cash, gold & silver and t-bills.

I just found this article, the Chinese came out with a statement about NOT dumping dollars!

Breaking News - China Affirms US$ Reserve Currency Status

I guess they are getting scared, this crisis will hit the US first and China last INMO!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Update New Zealand - Investors are nervous as markets open in a few hours!

The New Zealand and Australian business pages are not showing a lot of confidence for the Monday morning opening.

New Zealand Investors

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Update - All NZ indexes down on open!New Zealand Market Opens lowers!

The first market opening was on the downside, only down about 0.3% stay tune!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Has to continue---the dollar needs to get closer to parity with the peso so the next prez can institute the NAU.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
US mortgage crisis had spread around the world.

MONDAY 13 (The Titanic Sinks)

FROM their position high in the Eurotower, the skyscraper headquarters of the European Central Bank in the heart of Frankfurt, staff keep an eagle eye on what is happening in the money markets around Europe. Ben Bernanke and Mervyn King knew well in advance, that the Cookie is Crumbling, and have long alerted their close cronies to sell their existing stocks, before the market crash. Central Banks from Uk, Franfort and Japan, had to fill in the 'vacuum' in order to stabalize the sinking titanic. Monday 13 will see Billions of Dollars, being wiped out of Global Markets. Traders have been be placed on suicide watch as the [stock] market is expected to bleed heavily.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nice update from ECB, thanks 5th C!

Update from NZ - NZ50 -0.69% . . . NZ15 -0.98%

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
Go Advice Valhall, I already moved most assets into cash, gold & silver and t-bills.

Good move no doubt... So when do you cash the precious metals back in? Do you have a strategy on when the good time to sell back will be? Will it be short term, later this week? Or hold on until the fall or next spring? Are you just going to see what happens with the price of precious metals and go from there?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
IDog, I am holding on to the gold and silver as long as I can, I will cash in when they devalue the dollar!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Nikkei opens higher on Open!

Update: NZ50 -0.68% . . . ASX +69 pts . . . TOPIX -6 pts . . . stay tuned

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Nikkei +0.36%

ASX +1.23%

NZX -0.76%

Markets are mixed, but look like they are on the upswing!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The markets will be good after the transfusions last week, that is not doubt about it.

But watch for the rest of the week to see if they will hold, so far in the last few weeks it has been a trend of good starts on Mondays and low endings on Fridays.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
No Doubt Marg and I hear the central banks plan to keep pumping money into the system on Monday and Tuesday. I will keep this thread updated until the crisis has passed.

singapore up, Nikkei up, ASX up

NZX 50 down

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
mel1962, Please do that, I have the feeling that the markets will be central stage for many weeks to come specially people that will still lose their homes no matter what and this problems will spread on consumer confidence.

That will be another area that we must keep an eye on, how all this will keep consumers from spending, we are a nation of consumers.

Another thing is that it perhaps be some history in the making, let see how much more money the banks around the world will be willing to pump to keep the illusion of prosperity.

Sad.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Marg6043 will do, I am going to look for the meteors right now and will update tonight before I hit the hay and than continue through the day!

I think this will either be put off to another day or this maybe the first defining event of the 21st century.

Which is scarry and sad for many people!

Nikkei is way up!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Update - Australia, Japan, Shanghai are up and New Zealand and Singapore are down.

Latest Update - Australia, Hong Kong & Japan up / New Zealand, Singpore, Shanghai are down!

Stocks still mixed!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Asia's central banks take steps to calm markets

SINGAPORE/HONG KONG (Reuters) - Asia's central banks took further steps on Monday to calm markets roiled by fears over a credit squeeze, with the Bank of Japan injecting $5.1 billion into the banking system and others pledging to follow suit if needed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

biz.yahoo.com...

Another Hail-Mary as Japan adds more $ to the liquidity monster. Asian Indices = /3xr343

[edit on 13-8-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If I understand this correctly, they're just buying time by pumping in raw cash at this point. How much time can they buy before they liquidity runs out? Foreclosures continue. Can they keep this thing going for the rest of the year?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sometimes all you need is a band-aid to help the wound heal. With fincancial markets you just never know. If just a little stability / momentum can be attained, the desperate can suddenly look very bright. Only time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join