It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so why ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
ok i have some questions
if this is a fake wich is still unproven but likley, so why has it been done ?, the haiti ufo has become huge on the net in the last couple of days, so who stands to benefit from it as a hoax ?, a government agency of some type ?, maybe a group of debunkers ?, cause if its an add for some product then why is there no links to any product ?. & it seems to me that who ever made it or filmed it, has spent maybe a lot of money & or a lot of time on it. so why ???. is this some thing to do with disclosure project ?. the people who are saying see i told you its a fake, well why ??. the people that are saying its a fake are not saying any more than the trees look the same & its maybe made in vue 6, ok but the question that remains is who & why ???. if i had made it ide be pretty happy with the quality, but ide want some thing in some way for the effort.
so even if its fake or not, im no closer to understanding the intent behind this haiti ufo

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I honestly think it's just some students getting creative with cgi, think about how many people have viewed the clip!!! like movie directors or people at pixar studios etc. It's a great way to get noticed imo.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The only think I can think of is that some free lance CGIers create such animations in order to promote their work. And if they can convince everyone that those UFO's seen in their movies are real then I guess that's 'mission accomplished' for them right?
But this just shows how out of touch these people are with reality because their UFO's look so photo-realistic -- they look more like TOYS flying around than anything else.
This is the problem with 3-D animation, especially for those who don't have all of the expensive hardware and software to make those finishing touches used by major production studio's to make everything look more real and believable.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think there are as many reasons,
as there are hoaxers themselves.

Trying to get into the mind of one
will probably never lead to the
reason(s) of another.

Why do people climb mountains ?
Because they can.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As a programmer, I have made some programs that have only served to try new tools or techniques.

It is possible that some of the UFO hoaxes have the same origin, just some people trying the capabilities of some new software they got.

In other cases it may be that they always had the intention to deceive, and the reason for that I do not know, but I do know that people can spend large amounts of time doing things that are completely useless.

new topics

top topics

join