It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthplaces and Hometowns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier (while listening to the Macarena no less), and I realized
that it was mildly interesting how some peoples Hometowns and birthplaces are
the same place,but they are'nt with others, and of course than I started wondering how
many of my fellow ATSers fit into either category.

For me it's not.
I was born in Portland, Oregon, but I only lived there until I was about two,
at which point I moved to my hometown, the place I've lived the last 17 years, Everett, Washington.

So is your hometown the same place you were born?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Nope. I was born in Hempstead, Texas, but I grew up in Crockett,Texas. Crockett is home to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My birth place was Lubbock, Texas
My home town/village is Jemez Spgs, New Mexico
But I like to spend the winter in the Florida Keys or the Yucatan

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I was born in Alexandria, grew up in Pittsburgh Pa, now live in DC.
Pittsburgh will always be my home town.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was born and raised in Akron, Ohio.

When I was 8 I moved to Wolverhampton, England for 6 years (Dad's job).

Moved back to Ohio, went to college in Athens, OH, and now I live and work in Denver, Colorado.

Ohio will always be home though...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I don't have a home town, I guess the closest thing to that is where I live now. My family moved all the time when I was a kid, so I went to 22 different schools before I left home.

I was born up near the North West Territories, but that was just because dad was working there at the time. We continued to move from town to town as dad changed job sites or projects.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
born in a village in bangladesh near syleht
family moved to the UK when i was around 2 years old
and have been in St albans ever since

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My Dad was an officer in the Army, and we moved about a million times while I was young. When he was transferred to Ft. Dix, we stayed.
So I call New Jersey my home. I've been in southern Jersey for quite awhile. Just east of Philadelphia, and less than an hour west of Atlantic City.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I can start with the obvious. Born in Philadelphia PA.
Then my parents moved, well we all did, to Bally PA.
See that part is easy I know where I am born and where I have lived for forty some years, but the question of home is rather complicated.
When I was ten-eleven years old I we moved to Denmark (the country), for various reasons.
From then on and until September 11th. 2001 I was in a state of "homelessness".
That is twenty eight years with out roots. A long time.

I finally found "home" and moved here in January of 2005.

Home is not a town, or a house, yet.
Home is America. This big magnificent land.

I have thought of Bally as home though my whole life, that is where all my good memories were until recently.

I am rather adaptable, learned that as a sailor of many years.
You make your little cabin into your home, every port becomes your home port, and you learn to appreciate a friendly soul on your path.

So I have made my home here where I am now, but this time I chose it, not a contractor or my parents, long gone.
I chose it. Or did it chose me?
That is what makes it home, a real home.
Where I will end? Who knows. Destiny?
I know whom I want to end with, but that is a whole different story.

Oh, by the way, it is Central Wisconsin, Portage county. For now.

Complicated, kind'a. Adventures, yes.
WIS

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was born in Katherine in the Northern Territory of Australia.
The Territory is in my blood and i hope to move back there one day with my family.
My hometown now is Adelaide in South Australia, home of one of the best wine regions in the world, which is why i'm here as i work in the wine industry.
Home for me though will always be the Outback of Australia, more specifically Simpsons Gap which was my grandparents cattle station until the early 70's when the government bought the land from my grandparents to turn the whole area into a National Park.
My grandfather was the Park Ranger there for the next 15 years or so until he retired. I had the biggest playground in the world i reckon.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was born to the daughter of Spanish nobility and Sea Captains who ended up In Havana Cuba, where i was born. (May have been some horse thieves and Gypsies involved)

From Havana we went to Madrid, where we spent 3 years. From there we migrated to this wonderful land called United States, to Florida, where we spent 1 year, then Boston and eventually Cape Cod, the place i call home.
I did spend two years in Phoenix with my mother and brother as many of you know.

My heart is split between the beauty of the Cuban waters which i remember well, and Cape Cod. I will always love them both.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I was born to the daughter of Spanish nobility and Sea Captains who ended up In Havana Cuba, where i was born. (May have been some horse thieves and Gypsies involved)

Hey DG,
Would that make you an equestrian, palm reading Pirate Princess?
WIS

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Born at Beales Air Force base, California. Dad was air force.

Raised In the sunshine state, Florida

I love Florida, its very flat.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
No.

I'm no princess, well, not on paper

I do resemble a gypsy with hoop earrings, though. Everyone asks me if i can read the Tarot

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
No.

I'm no princess, well, not on paper

Please just admit you are a princess, we will all admire you so we can get free drinks.

Everyone asks me if i can read the Tarot

Read mine, I'll pay in jelly beens from last Easter. They would still be fine?
WIS

Totally off topic :shk:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I was thinking about this earlier (while listening to the Macarena no less), and I realized
that it was mildly interesting how some peoples Hometowns and birthplaces are
the same place,but they are'nt with others, and of course than I started wondering how
many of my fellow ATSers fit into either category.

For me it's not.
I was born in Portland, Oregon, but I only lived there until I was about two,
at which point I moved to my hometown, the place I've lived the last 17 years, Everett, Washington.

So is your hometown the same place you were born?

Born: Marinette, WI
Hometown: Wausaukee, WI

about 20 min. apart from each other...my home town is just too small to have a Hospital.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Born in Weisbaden, West Germany. Air Force brat. Raised in Walla Walla Washington, USA. Actually grew up working and living in Alaska's fishing grounds for 15 years. Living, for now, in Walla Walla, again (damnit all).

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Born in Huntsville Ontario.Adopted by parents In Bracebridge Ontario,35 miles away.That is home to me. Currently living in North Bay Ontario,about 2 hours away from home.
Yeah I ain't travelled much. Yet!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Living, for now, in Walla Walla, again (damnit all).

Well atleast you have tasty fresh Onions near-by.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Indeed...
. 'course working in an onion warehouse when I was a kid kinda mellowed me on the atributes of the world famous Walla Walla Sweet Onion...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join