It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet love affair turns into 12 days hostage drama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What an idiot!

How stupid!!!

Internet bride scam victim home safe:

A SOUTH Australian farmer held hostage in Africa for 12 days in an internet bride scam has returned home, saying he's lucky to be alive.

Horrific ordeal ... Des Gregor has warned people about finding love on the internet after being held hostage in Africa in an online bride scam.

Mr Gregor travelled to the landlocked west African nation of Mali last month to meet his supposed bride and collect a dowry of $100,000 in gold.

But on his July 27 arrival, he was kidnapped by an organised scam gang, beaten, stripped, had his cash and credit cards taken, and was held hostage at an apartment in Bamako, the capital of the third world country.

The wheat and sheep farmer was told he would have his limbs hacked off with a machete unless he arranged a $100,000 ransom.

more here

HA HA HA HA OMG LMFAO!!!

NO sympathy from me. What a tosser! Did he really expect to get a bride and gold??? Yes, he did. What an idiot.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This didn't seem very funny to me at first, I was thinking hey what's funny about a guy being threatened with dismemberment? But after I pulled up the link and seen the picture of this guy, it suddenly became nearly hilarious

Edit: You have to admit, this is funny.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

join