It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK Fish - Look Out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

It sure looks like another great day at the lake. Maybe your next visit to the water should involve a small boat so you can get the little guy out on the water.
If he gets to tense you could just patrol the area close to shore where he can see the bottom.

I hope that bass made it to a BBQ or frying pan, or at least on a stick over a small fire. It's always nice to eat some of your catch.

Thanks for the update lombozo......

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All right! We went fishin' Saturday & Sunday! Yeah! Yep, it's pretty much official. We have a new hobby.
Saturday was pretty much a bust. Well as far as the actual fishin' goes and stuff. A beautiful day. The leaves are turning, and 'that smell' is in the air. How can it be bad? We sat, and ate our little fishin' picnic lunch watching the ducks swim around before packing up for home. You know, why is it that when your out in good old mother nature for a couple of hours that a balogna and cheese sandwich tastes better than a nice big Filet Mignon?

Saturday:

Then comes Sunday! Yeah! We go and get our Hashed Brown and Doughnut, then we head to the fierce cedar waters of the Jersey Pine Lands. Ahh the Jersey Pine Lands. No better place to be at this time of the year. The Jersey Devil is looming around every corner. Owls are all around. Bats frequent the many 'Blair Witch' type abandoned houses. Spooky! Cedar water is what the waters of the many lakes and rivers is called. It's reddish brown and adds to the feeling of spookiness.

I feel the tension as we pull into the paved parking lot of the manicured man made lake. Man vs. Nature is a wimp! You should see lombozo vs' nature as I walk on the concrete walkway. I mean my hands are filled with stuff! A tackle box. A fishin' pole or 2. A towel. A camera. A bag of sandwiches. Man! I am am one survival kind of dude! (In another year we'll go into the Pine Barrens for real.)
So we bait the hook and I start to tell a scary Frankenstein story. SUDDENLY! The bobber goes under water! The line on the rod is wrought with tension! Ugggghhh!
Whoa!
"Daddy! I can't hold it....."

"Try little Dude!"

"I can't."

"Yes you can. I know it. Want me to help?"

"Yes."

OK so I get behind him, and help. Whoa! it really is hard to hold!

"Is it a whale Daddy?"

"Nope, probably not a whale, but it's pretty big!"

"Do it Daddy!"

So we reel it in together. Holy Moly! It's a large mouthed Bass! Man!. OK I didn't have a tape measure. I have size 13 feet, and this thing was a GOOD 6" longer than my she. So I would say 15" - 16" fish. I have a picture of it, but I emailed myself the wrong one at work. I'll post it tomorrow. I have this one though.
Sunday:

It would have been a perfect day. if it wasn't for those Eagles losin' and stuff!

[edit on 22-10-2007 by lombozo]

[edit on 22-10-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I love reading these updates. My son is too young (and too destructive and inquisitive) to take on the boat (he's also a sissy so he's liable to eat a hook and get scared by a life vest).
I'm jealous man. Seriously. No local watering holes to hit with the kids here.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You and your cute little boy are realizing something I just learned over the last two years, and I'm 46 years old.

Fishing is good for the soul.

Congratulations on those fine catches.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join