It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK Fish - Look Out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
OK, it's 3:00 in the morning here on the east coast of the USA!
Every Saturday, my son and I go grocery shopping at the 'super store' - (that's what he calls the super market.) I've never, ever written truer words when I say that I look forward to our 'guys time' all week long.
On our way to the super store we pass by a big lake. Today there were a couple of folks fishing, and I hear from behind me "What are they doing Daddy?"

"Fishing Dude"

"What's fishing?"

"Fish live in the lake. Those people are catching some of those fish."

"Can we catch fish too Daddy?"

Due to his condition, my son doesn't interact with anyone with the exception of a very few he feels comfortable with. He also doesn't like to leave our home/yard. He will become extremely introverted, bordering on scared to death when he has to go outside the home.

OK, now imagine a really cool Hawaii Five-O U-turn. (sound effect) EEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH........

So we go to the local sportsman chain store. Doin' some fishin' pole shoppin' and stuff! Yeah!

"Which one do you like, little Dude?"

"That one."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh huh!"

So we take it off the rack. It's a nice little pole with a reel and it's own little tackle box. So we get home, and my wife was ready to kill me.

"You can't take him fishing! He'll have a meltdown!"

"But, but, but...."

"Mommy! I want to go fishing!"

Son, I didn't think I could love you any more than I already do, but little dude you just made it happen. It's the first time my wife was speechless... High five li'l lombozo!
He ran around all day yesterday pretending he was fishing. Best 11 bucks I've ever spent.

So this morning we're going out to catch some man eating sun fish, and the ever so deadly cat fish. It's been rumored that the ferocious carp also call these waters home!
Man vs. wild has nothing on the lombozo man!
It's his first time ever, and my first time in a couple years. I don't know who's more excited. him or myself.

OK, gonna go put the coffee on, and go dig up some worms from my garden.

More story (with pics) to come

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
dot dot dot dash dash dash dot dot dot... This is a world wide fish warning, Fish beware, plot a course of Zero 6 Ninner degrees and submerge to 200 feet. Hold there in standard evasive holding pattern for the next 10 hours or so until all Lombozo activity has ceased!

Hoope you have a blast man, Smoke me a kipper I'll be round for breakfast!

MonKey

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You always either make me laugh till I cry, or cry while I'm smiling.Seriously, your little lombozo is so lucky to have a dad like you.
Even if all you catch is minnows(which are better bait anyway) it is time well spent. Good luck buddy!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Good for you!

It is such a great way to spend time with your Son. I should know, my Son who had ASD is fanatical about fishing.

He is 11 and was asked just recently to work in the fishing shop as he knows that much about fishing.

I have resized the pic so hopefully it isn't too big.

I think fishing, outdoor recreation is such a good thing for quiet time. My Son would not cope at all with loud public places, theme parks etc.

Give him a fishing rod and take him to the beach, no probs!

All the best for your fishing day and I hope you and your son catch something... what a thrill it will be for him.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yep, we're heading to the treacherous waters of the local lake. It's urban legend that sometimes you can actually see a current. Man!
Chikey, and AD - as always you put a smile on my face.
Thurisaz - my son is autistic so we're in a similar although different boat.

I'll keep you all posted!

Yep - lombozo vs. wild!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Man! We just came back from our first fishin' trip and stuff!
Little lombozo did AWESOME! Yeah! We caught a huge, deadly sun fish. I bet it measured a full 4 inches! To quote Quint "I bet the taxidermy man is gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"
Yep, when we hooked him, I had to keep wetting down the reel. I bet that killer fish took almost a foot of line! A full foot! Man it was some scary times. But the little dude kept his cool. I gotta go calm down............ my heart is still racin' and stuff!

Check out the pix of the life threatenin' fishin' trip!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey lombozo good to hear you had a good time.

Great pics, you and your son looked very happy out there

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ah, the mighty hunter stalking his prey.

Originally posted by lombozo

It looks like you found I nice quiet spot to enjoy some fishin', and it looks like he had a great time. Perhaps this will become a lifelong hobby that the two of you can enjoy together for many years.

Great thread lombozo, once again you've tugged at my heart strings.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Congratulations to you and the little guy! What a great bonding time.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You gotta know that prize winning smile on his face is worth it all. Lombozo, best idea you've had yet.A sunfish huh? Should come on up north and fish for some killer Northern Pike.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'm glad you had a good time sir. Hanging a fish has got to be one of the most exciting things to do in life. It ends too quicky though doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Looks like you had a Super Wicked FishTastic time!

Your little man totally has your grin. Awsome!

So is this the start of a new hobby for the Lombozo boys?

MonKey

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
So is this the start of a new hobby for the Lombozo boys?

He had a great time, not as good as I did though. He's already asking when we are going to go again.
As you know, it doesn't get much better spending quality time with our little ones does it?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Glad you guys had such a great time
I hope you have many more trip

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hey lombozo,

This thread has popped into my head a few times over the past week or so because it was such a great story, and it sounded like you guys had a fantastic day together.

I'm just curious if you and little lombozo have had the chance to get out and drown some worms again ???

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Allright! Yesterday we went out and braved the wilds of suburban NJ once again in search of the elusive Moby Rich - the great white cat fish. We packed our survival gear. We prepared for the absolute worst. Yep we even went so far as to pack an extra juicy juice in the lunch box! Man! Bring it on!

"C'mon, little Dude. Let's go!"

"Yay Daddy! I'm gonna catch those fish! Can we bring them home and eat them?"

"No little Dude, these fish we put back in their home after we catch them."

"OK Daddy. Hurry, let's go!"

So we load up the car, strap him into his seat, and get going!

"Daddy, put on Chris Daughtrey"

"You got it little Dude."

'I was blown away
What could I say
It all seemed to make sense...........'

"Turn it up Daddy!"

That's my boy!

So we get there, and unload.
We dig through our can and find the perfect worm.
I cast the line in, and hand him his mighty fishing rod.

Almost immediately we have a strike!

"Ahhhh! Daddy! Look!"

"Pull it back, and set the hook - here like this....."

"No I want to do it!"

"You got it buddy."

"I feel it, I feel that fish Daddy!"

"Reel it in. Great job, you're doing it!"

Slowly, he reeled it in. Oh Man! That fish made a ripple on the surface! That must be one mighty sea creature! The little Dude is keeping his cool.

Steady, steady.........There it is! Keep going Buddy!

You did it! You did it!

So, we pull that very dangerous Sun Fish out, and he poses with it.

We caught a couple more of those man eaters. Then he caught himself a Bass!

Check out the pics from our latest trip.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great story and pics...

Man that look on his face holding up that fish... priceless.

I actually remember my first fishing trip, it was a blast. I didn't catch anything, but we did chase a cousin around with a little green snake.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
that's awesome. sadly, my little vacation was interrupted for one day, thus I'm responding here instead of setting lines out in the ocean. My daughter loves to fish so she gets to go out on the boat with me. My son is still too young and too much of an imp (see, touch, taste, break, throw everything) to get to hit the waters so I plan on picking up a cheapo rod, possibly just a bamboo pole, and I'll take him down onto the floating dock for some snappers.

If the weather remains the way it is today, I am hoping to have some pics of my kids standing next to fish that are bigger than they are. Tuna have rolled into the area and, hopefully, they aren't too far out for us to get em with my daughter.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Looking forward to seeing those pic's.
Mmmmmmm.......Tuna............

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just got back from a lunch meeting at your favorite steak house. I'm feeling mighty full and while I'm waiting for the owner of that restaurant to show up so I can get on with the second half of my first day of vacation, I called the wife and learned that she made plans with friends every day this week except for Wed. That means my fishing is limited to Wed. The problem is that Wed was left open because she is going with my mom to some house tour and I am left alone with the kids.

This is payback for my working on the first day of our vacation.

the tuna might get to live a while longer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join