It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM And CISCO Helping China setup 666 First!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

IBM And CISCO Helping China setup 666 First!

www.nytimes.com

At least 20,000 police surveillance cameras are being installed along streets here in southern China and will soon be guided by sophisticated computer software from an American-financed company to recognize automatically the faces of police suspects and detect unusual activity.

Starting this month in a port neighborhood and then spreading across Shenzhen, a city of 12.4 million people, residency cards fitted with powerful computer chips programmed by the same company will be issued to most citizens.

Data on the chip will include not just the citizen’s name and address but also work history, educational background, religion, ethnicity, police record, medical insurance status and landlord’s phone number. Even personal reproductive history will be included, for enforcement of China’s controversial “one child” policy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The US came up with a good idea..But the Chinese have a better one..at least what to do with the technology. Amazing what the love of a dollar will do..well. if we had not done it may the Brits would have. we shouldn't complain after all we are getting all those state of the art anti freeze toothpaste, and gourmet food products that are truly organic in every sense of the word. Whats fair is fair and business is business, but ethics aside is any of that money coming back here or will it stay in china, in fact cconsidering how well the dollar has been doing lately where is all that off shore money going to. If none is, why are we propping up the Chinese against their own people?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The answer is that the real rulers of the US and the western world love what China is doing and have every intention of bringing this tyranny here. Most of the west is really a communist dictatorship anyway. The people are just too brainwashed to realize it.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 13-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I certainly don't like this, and don't like that U.S. companies are helping them in any way.

But it's a bit alarmist to make it sound like this something new, and western governments want to copy this and bring it here. The fact is China has always done things like this to track and control its population, for hundreds and hundreds of years, way before communism. They're just now trying to modernize it.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am sorry if it sounded alarmist..but this business as usual will be the end of us, much like when the wasp stings the caterpillar, and lays its egg within. While these corporate entities that have no genuine allegiance except to the highest bidder, they then turn the same technology back on us with all the bugs worked out. When we can no longer afford homes, property, or education, totally dependent on government for sustenance, it will be too late. We will have been painlessly devoured in our sleep like the caterpillar.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config

Data on the chip will include not just the citizen’s name and address but also work history, educational background, religion, ethnicity, police record, medical insurance status and landlord’s phone number. Even personal reproductive history will be included, for enforcement of China’s controversial “one child” policy

This is bad, really bad. The moment this type of thing hits the U.S., specifically the area I live, I'm gone. I'll move to Canada, or somewhere less Orwellian. That's a heck of a lot of information to store on a chip about one person, too much. This is scary folks, and you all should be concerned. It's been in the works for awhile obviously but the fact that they are going to employ this on 12 million citizens is frightening. China's the testbed, U.S. is the goal.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
nice post, gather up some more info and ppl will be more intersted

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have just learned also, that they have a setup now for their borders. Think of it..if you wanted to get away to another country..it would be pretty damn hard..because if you don't scan..well you must be a subversive or a spy you're not going anywhere..Over here in the US they are already chippin animals, GPS kids on a fee basis and RFing merchandise all these technologies are just converging not slowly..but quickly..Heck it might be a great thing..we all wanted to be like the jetsons anyway plugged in and jacked up like in matrix, isn't this exciting!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hmm...but the whole biometric ID thing is a purely western concept. China is the perfect place to give it a 'dry run' so to speak - as the chinese population have absolutely no say in it. If it works for the Chinese? Phase 2 is the West I would imagine...

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
'
This is bad, really bad. The moment this type of thing hits the U.S., specifically the area I live, I'm gone. I'll move to Canada, or somewhere less Orwellian. That's a heck of a lot of information to store on a chip about one person, too much. This is scary folks, and you all should be concerned. It's been in the works for awhile obviously but the fact that they are going to employ this on 12 million citizens is frightening. China's the testbed, U.S. is the goal.'

This exact concept has already been suggested heavily by the British government for it's own citizens...so you can bet it's on it's way to a theatre near you soon!

Canada? Nah...we're way too over populated already... Try Sweden

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
'Heck it might be a great thing..we all wanted to be like the jetsons anyway plugged in and jacked up like in matrix, isn't this exciting!'

Errmm...nope. I hope this was sarcasm on your part

J.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I started a thread on this but it looks like you beat me to it.
Say 'Big Brother' in Chinese

In my thread I was hoping to get some information on
the American company, China Public Security

China Public Security Technology, the company providing the technology. Incorporated in Florida, China Public Security has raised much of the money to develop its technology from two investment funds in Plano, Texas: Pinnacle Fund and Pinnacle China Fund. Three investment banks, -- Roth Capital Partners in Newport Beach, Calif.; Oppenheimer & Co. in New York; and First Asia Finance Group of Hong Kong, -- helped it raise the money.

Now what I found weird, at least for me, was when I
went to check China Public Security's stock on yahoo finance,
and their business summary is as follows:

China Public Security Technology, Inc. provides consulting services in the commercial printing industry. It provides various printing services, including black and white, two or four color, full color, design services, layout services, consulting...

If they're providing sophisticated computer software,
why are they being traded on the market as a provider of
consulting services in the commercial printing industry??

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Guess what this topic already exists and can be found here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread.

Thanks
Fred

top topics

join