It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
looks more like a underwater volcano

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hmm, seems a bit big for that, I guess it could be an impact crater though..

edit: In fact an impact crater could well be the answer, look at the similarities:

Moon crater

Possible underwater impact crater?

Again, it could just be the face in clouds effect, but at least it's a little more likely than Atlantis

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Stoo]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Indeed..

One of the things about science is confirming theories from multiple sources..

www.flashearth.com...

That's the same location with higher resolution data... Nada, Nill, Zip, Zilch.. Nothing

Oh well

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
''Hmm look at that Strange formation in the water''
''Omg we just found Atlantis!''

This is just like looking at a black dot on a picture and saying its a ufo. Not every malformation, ESCPECIALLY on Google Earth is Atlantis.

-Jimmy-

By the way, he's not looking thta hard, this little circle/square is almost the first thing you see when looking into the Atlantic with Google Earth, and there are plenty like it. I wouldn't sell it.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
History Channel or A&E has covered this, not sure if it may hold any water for anyone but, it was a pretty interesting thing that they showed. Worth a look I guess. I'll search for the name unless someone else has it.

Edit-

Ok here are a few links.

www.history.com...
www.history.com...

Sorry about the links I'm fairly new to ATS.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Eliza è Angelo]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
there was a discussion on coast to coast about this just the other night in which the guest speaker spoke of this and several locations near this site. he and a small team were researching this and there were only one or two of the locations that could not be explained by either a ship wreck do to iron rings found under the blocks or moring docks used by pirates and others avoiding cargo taxes. however he did state that there was overwhelming evidence of a maritime civilization in this area. the coast line of 10000 years ago lines up almost perfectly with some of the formations.

coast to coast doest pod casts so you should be able to back search it. if im not mistaken the show aired sunday of monday or this week

[edit on 15pmu112007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'm sure that there were alot of island nations thats were flooded when "Atlantis sank under the waters," due to the sea level rising (global warming without people driving hummers?!?! LIES!!).. And this 'anomoly' if it can be called that, may have been one of these islands. Anyways the Greeks got the story from the Egyptians who under an oath could not tell foriengers any of their best secrets. After making fun of Solon the Greek for not knowing the history of his own myths, an Egyptian priest went on to tell him the allegorical story of Atlantis. Not a real civilization.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join