It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela's Chavez says oil headed for $100 barrel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Venezuela's Chavez says oil headed for $100 barrel

news.yahoo.com

CARACAS (Reuters) - World oil prices are headed for $100 per barrel, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez predicted on Saturday, and said he will cut supplies to the United States if the U.S. government "attacks" the South American nation again.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Jees-o-pete, ok which gas companys are selling this so I can quit buying this guys oil.
I so wish all the oil would just run out already.
Maybe America should just take over the whole world and get it over with.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It's Venezuela's oil, if they want to stop selling us it for any reason, legitimate or not,
they can, that's there right, and honestly considering the way the right vilifies and
takes things that are not very good and extorts them to seem unimaginably
bad about Chavez and Venezuela and how our own government has been acting towards
them, I really don't blame them or Chavez for this.

And why in the world would anyone want America to take over the world, we may
have good points, but we have an incredibly large amount of flaws, though that's
not to say that any single country or existing system is perfect.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
America take over the world? God we have enough problems with the way it is now

Maybe instead of arguing they should be thinking of discussing alternate methods of fuel

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Jees-o-pete, ok which gas companys are selling this so I can quit buying this guys oil.

Citgo is owned by Venezuela, and the primary vehicle for them to distribute their petroleum products in the United States.

Anyway, from what I understand most of Chavez's threats are pretty hollow. Venezuela's oil is of a quite low quality compared to say Middle Eastern oil, and most of the refineries that can actually handle it are in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
i havent seen a Citgo in quite a while....do they have any sister companies, or the likes?

the above post is right...it's theres they can do what they please...but if it was any good...we'd already have them as puppets...

[edit on 12-8-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

new topics

top topics

join