It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

choosing your reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I just listened to an interview of Stewart Swerdlow. Of course everything Stewart said about conspiracies, I've heard before . Even so, I have nagging doubts about him and other "Montauk Project" survivors. How do I know what they claim to have experienced, isn't just the sum of their admitted brain washing?

This begs the question: If our thoughts create matter and we are responsible for the reality we chose to perceive, then why should we choose to believe in horrifying conspiracies theories instead of the comforting "official version" of reality?

I have been struggling with this question ever since I read David Icke's final solution for everything. "Only Love is real and only love can turn the world around." How can you know a sinister reality and love it away? I am so lost............

Since I started believing conspiracies theories, I have felt bitter, betrayed, alone, frightened, angry and helpless. I have very few acquaintances who believe as I do. Only the passing of time seems to have any affect on the collective mind's acceptance of my truth. I fear they will never catch up with me and of course having lost my innocence, I cannot go back.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
This begs the question: If our thoughts create matter and we are responsible for the reality we chose to perceive, then why should we choose to believe in horrifying conspiracies theories instead of the comforting "official version" of reality?

You are not alone in creating your reality. Every living cell, every living consciousness, works to create an overall reality construct of which you are only a very tiny part. Even if we were to only count human consciousness, you are only contributing less than 6 billionth to the overall structure of reality.

That being said, you can indeed choose what you're exposed to, and that may help modify what you think and perceive. Go join a monastery. Stop watching TV, and only read the Bible, or the Vedas. After a while, you'll wonder what all the hubbub was about. You'll see that all the worry about conspiracies is folly, since even if they are true they do not change the Grand Cycle of the Cosmos from the way of its Perfection. "Good" and "evil" are just arbitrary labels people place on things according to their unenlightened perspectives. For example, if someone steals my diamond, it's "evil" only if I falsely chose to give the diamond a high value.

You can choose this if you want. But it takes effort. Because you are already unwittingly trapped in your own perspective. You may get a sense of superiority from believing in a conspiracy you believe others are ignorant of. You gain a feeling of cameraderie agreeing with people who believe the same things. These are strokes that you get that you are probably not even aware of.

So while you can't hope to change "reality," you absolutely have the power to change your attitude toward it.

(mod Edit

It's all up to you.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]

[edit on 11/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Since I started believing conspiracies theories, I have felt bitter, betrayed, alone, frightened, angry and helpless. I have very few acquaintances who believe as I do. Only the passing of time seems to have any affect on the collective mind's acceptance of my truth. I fear they will never catch up with me and of course having lost my innocence, I cannot go back.

I know EXACTLY what you mean here.

In a crowded room, I feel alone, and its been like that since I was about seven. I am constantly angered, and I am angry at what I see; many, many people living in pure ignorance. My anger is also, a shrink might say, cover for any fears I have, and I am fearful of the future, it haunts my dreams, taking the form of nightmares about wars of major destruction. I also feel helplessness. I feel it the most when I try to tell people what I see, and they look at me like I'm high or nuts, and I see just how pickled their brains are. I am bitter through seeing all the things I have seen, the dsgraceful things I have seen done is turning my heart to stone, though I try my hardest not to let it affect me. And yes, I also feel betrayed, which in turn fuels my anger and bitterness.

Interestingly, I also get the sense of never being able to go back. There is no such thing as a return to innocence.

You're not alone though, remember that. And it IS painful to see the big picture, especially painful if you want to try and change it, but know this: The Aware will be the ones the people will turn to when they finally wake and find themselves locked in an invisible prison.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

If our thoughts create matter and we are responsible for the reality we chose to perceive, then why should we choose to believe in horrifying conspiracies theories instead of the comforting "official version" of reality?

Assuming that it true that we choose to believe in conspiracies or not, I would suggest that the will to believe in "horrifying" conspiracies actually gives the conspiracy theorist the "comfort" that he seeks.

If the world is as chaotic and unpredictable as events such as a sociopathic loner killing the president of the United States, or 19 highjackers destroying many buildings and thousands of lives would suggest that it is, then the mind seeks out explanations for these events that aren't so chaotic. They choose to believe in a conspiracy involving unseen affiliations of sinister, all-powerful, all-knowing cabals.

One man's disconcerting chaos is another man's comfort.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"Choose your reality" is unfortunately a phrase that has been used to dupe many good people of their hard-earned cash.

The concept of "reality" has been debated for centuries, and some believe that we are now drawing closer to understanding what it actually is. Notwithstanding the various philosophical branches and arguments that have sprung up, we arise every day to a reality which appears defiantly independent of our control. Of course, with a lot of belief (and a little magic), one can appear to "control" a few events that occur within their personal sphere. But in our existence, we are not provided with a plethora of "realities" to choose from. Were this the case, many of us would be lounging around in some garden, eating (or being fed) grapes, and doing nothing in particular.

I know little about the "Montauk Project", and even less about Stewart Swerdlow. Still, I have also lapped up the tidbits: tales of a crystal-adorned and -powered Atlantis; alien deities in our ancient sky; the arrival of benevolent "alien brethren" to take many to "a better place". In recent times, I've grown weary of it all. Before these, I was of the firm belief that the Christian eschatology was true, and Jesus' return was imminent. I'd been filled with horrifying tales of "the beast" and the gruesome torment Christians (who weren't 'raptured') would be put through. I shudder to recollect those days, and the fear I lived in. So... I changed my "reality".

In our shared reality, nothing changed: Christians still believe what they will, and supporters of Advanced Atlantis live on, reinforcing their beliefs with what they can. But my perception of these events changed. In truth, this is the only way one can actually "change" anything: people don't suddenly act nicer to you because you will them to. Opportunities simply surface because you put yourself in a position to see them. Things "change" because you're looking at them from a different angle.

It does not matter what you call this planet. As long as you consider yourself a "victim", you will continue to live in fear. Life is not a chore to be completed, or a prison to escape from. Life is not a school where one can fail or succeed. Life is a journey; not to a destination, but a journey. And until you start traveling, your surroundings will look the same.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Jackdaw

I have found myself thinking all of the thoughts posted on this thread. I have only been introduced to ATS in the last month but I find myself wondering if it is beneficial to my psyche or not.

Does it make me more tuned into what is going on in the world and broaden my perspective? Or does it tap into an overly anxious world view and increase negative vibrations all around?

I find myself on the look-out all of the time...but for what exactly? I read threads by very smart people that give me cause for concern. I don't want to be apathetic but I don't want to be paranoid either.

A hieghtened sense of awareness and anxiety cause me to look around and ultimately find ATS. But I am not sure if it has made my situation better or worse. I ultimately just want to maintain my own positive journey.

top topics

join