It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ and 911

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
IQ and 911 have nothing to do with one another . my iq is 172 and that's tested twice . and im a reasonably intelligent guy . and my common sense
yells me that our gov is in no way smart enough to pull this off . and as i see it , these 911 truth folks go to where they know they are in no way wanted or in no way the right place to bring up their subject just so they will be kicked out so they can look like the " injuried " party when that is in no whay the way it is .. they are attention seekers .. 16 year old attention seekers who want to appear abused ..
that's my take on it .. like it or not .

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray
IQ and 911 have nothing to do with one another . my iq is 172 and that's tested twice . and im a reasonably intelligent guy . and my common sense
yells me that our gov is in no way smart enough to pull this off . and as i see it , these 911 truth folks go to where they know they are in no way wanted or in no way the right place to bring up their subject just so they will be kicked out so they can look like the " injuried " party when that is in no whay the way it is .. they are attention seekers .. 16 year old attention seekers who want to appear abused ..
that's my take on it .. like it or not .

I will try as hard as I can to not be offensive. I've read your responses to posts for several months now, and if you really do have an IQ of 172 then this discussion need not go any further.

Someone also stated above that they were MENSA eligible(I will get back to that person later), and didn't believe "911" was an inside job.

Gen.Disaray, I always cringed when I read you responses to people questioning the events of that day. Your lack of objectivity and awareness of what people are actually capable of doing, convinces me of your complete naivete.

If indeed,as you claim, to have as high of an IQ as you say, I now know that this current system is dead and there is absolutely no possibility of a resurrection.

We are in deep s#$%!

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

Originally posted by Conundrum04
I personally feel that the test is a measure on how well you can fit inside the present "system", and not a measure of actually inteligence.

I agree with that completely.
That is exactly what it is.

btw where is a good link to take a 'free' iq test?

Here's the basic internet IQ test I always see.

web.tickle.com...

Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
brb with my score, btw what did you say your score was?

Lets have a IQ contest!!!!

Except for the 172 brainiac dude, maybe he needs to post a pic of his score cuz I dont believe him.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well I have 168 IQ score I took the famous "general" IQ test.
Quite hard I would say.
General I am impressed you scored so high in the same test. I failed the answer 4x4= 16 but I got right this question: What color is a red pen?
I guess you got all of them right. DAMN the general. By the way what are you doing discussing with those 16 yrs old kids? Hmm you are getting my attention on this one . I mean you sound so mature so intelligent, why are you playing with those kids?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cale, Logan

lol, this thread is funny. This is such a useless statement. How do you go about buying materials to sustain your existence? I'm I a fool for using dollars bills to buy groceries? That's the way the system works. I'm open to other possibilities, but this is the norm. Maybe my IQ is too low.

It's all aboout value. If the dollar bill you have isn't backed by something of REAL VALUE, then it is completely worthless.

A chicken, is a chicken, it can be used for many purposes. What can you do with a dollar bill?? Yeah, you might be able to wipe your arse with it but unless it's backed by something with REAL VALUE, it's worth nothing.

Understand?

I remember when I was young my mom told me, "money doesn't grow on trees.". But I couldn't understand that logic because I was surrounded by toys, video games, television, etc. so I never had a clear understanding about how money works.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

web.tickle.com...

Good Luck!

Ok I got 127, I think that means im kinda dumb compared to all the 160's and 170's.

Bummer.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It appears to me that maturity level isn't directly proportional to alleged IQ scores.

I don't think this thread was ever about intelligence behind any side of a 911 discussion.

*waves good-bye to the droll*

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

brb with my score, btw what did you say your score was?

Lets have a IQ contest!!!!

Except for the 172 brainiac dude, maybe he needs to post a pic of his score cuz I dont believe him.

No contest needed, while yes IQ is in the thread title and being discussed a little, please stay on the main topic. No need to keep posting and discussing your IQ.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

web.tickle.com...

Good Luck!

Ok I got 127, I think that means im kinda dumb compared to all the 160's and 170's.

Bummer.

In all fairness, I did an experiment with that test a few years back.

I think I missed 1 or 2 questions on it. I later went back and answered all the questions right(because it's always the same questions) and scored a 140. Now, I'm no Einstein, but I would say that 140 is the max you can score on those tests.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Maybe I didnt do so bad after all then, 127 with a possible 140.

But anyways I agree this isnt an IQ thread.

By the way OP has any of the discussion changed your view of 9/11 debates with lower IQ people?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Maybe I didnt do so bad after all then, 127 with a possible 140.

But anyways I agree this isnt an IQ thread.

By the way OP has any of the discussion changed your view of 9/11 debates with lower IQ people?

No it hasn't.

And like I said earlier in this thread, I don't think the IQ will determine your ability to understand the events that happened on "911" was, in some way, authorized by certain elements within the US gov. carried out by special military black ops. that hired Israeli Mossad agents to oversee the events that happened on "911".

No, I don't think IQ is the issue.

I think it's emotion and fear, to be honest. Someone talked about emotion earlier(sorry can't remember who), and it made sense to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Can I get a flag please?

Can someone please put a flag on my post??

Okay. What does it take to get a freakin' flag around here??

I've posted this thing less than 24 hours ago with 55 responses and almost 1000 views.

Yeah, What's really going on people???

ATS, please. I'm new here, but come on!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
THank you almighty ATS Gods!!!

Thanks for flagging my post!!

Like Zeus before you, you truly are omnipotent.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Feel better now?

I would like to sum up my view of this thread since it seems to have reached its end.

I still believe that a low IQ person is just as important as an Einstein in a debate about 9/11.
You never know, they may be able to see something a smart person missed.
I remember a test was done one time, they asked a bunch of kids a question and a bunch of adults the same question. Almost all the kids got the answer right and almost all the adults got it wrong. I forget the question that was asked but I remember the answer, it was 'the devil'.
Anybody remember that?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
In the first place, most people lie about their IQ and really have no idea what it is.

The original concept of the Stanford-Binet IQ test was that your IQ is your mental age divided by your real age multiplied times 100. This means an average person has an IQ of 100.

In other words, if you are 10 and you have the "mental age" of a 12-year old, you have an IQ of 120. If, on the other hand, you are an average 10 year old, you will have the "mental age" of a 10-year old and your IQ will be 100. If you are a little slow, and have the mental age of someone who is 8-1/2 years old, your IQ is 85. If you are slow, borderline retarded, and at 10 have the "mental age" of a 7-year old, your IQ is 70.

Of course, that's because IQ tests were origionally made for testing K-12. Beyond 18, there is a point of diminishing return.

That having been said, an average IQ is 100. There is nothing wrong with this IQ. Such a person could easily get a college degree, though they'd have to work. I remember reading somewhere that the average college GRADUATE had an IQ of 108.5. Only one percent of the population scores above 135. The average university college professor has an IQ of 124.

So I really doubt the IQ of 172. That is total super-genius level.

Anyway, one of the problems is that some questions on IQ tests are really about acquired knowledge and not about raw intellectual processing power.

For example:

Consider the following letters:

E B A A L G N R O

The letters, unscrambled, would be:

A. A mountain range in South America
B. A river in North America
C. A city in India
D. A country in Asia
E. None of the above

The problem here is that you'd have to already know that Bangalore was the name of a city in India. No matter how smart you were, if you didn't know that already your chances of getting the answer correct are slim.

On the other hand...

Consider the folloring sequence:

1 6 4 9 7 12 10

The next number in the sequence should be:

A. 8
B. 11
C. 14
D. 15
E. none of the above

The correct answer, of course, is D which most of you probably got, because in the sequence we add 5 then subtract 2, then add five, subtract 2, etc. This only requires a basic understanding of addition, so it's a better question to assess raw intellectual processing power.

And yet...you could be really smart, but have a problem focusing long enough to get even that simple question right.

So in the end, that's the problem when we talk about IQ. It can't really measure total brain performance.

However, it is probably worth mentioning that it is almost impossible to be truly stupid and get a high IQ score, while it is still possible to be smart and get a low one.

I understand the origional post -- it does bother me when I'm trying to argue a point and the other side truly doesn't understand it and has an incredibly simplistic and ignorant grasp of it (but is so ignorant they don't realize this).

BUT...I also can't stand the attitude people have when they dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with their viewpoint as stupid. Taking that attitude, in many cases, might actually be the result of stupidity itself.

Ironic, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What are these so called "smart" people going to do when the dollar becames just as worthless as the peso? Will these smart guys jump out of buildings like they did in the crash of 1929? Are you one of those disneyland people that believe mickey mouse will one day come to save the day?

No one actually jumped out of a building in 1929. That is just a myth.

Mod Edit: Shortened Quoted text

[edit on 12-8-2007 by chissler]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
my, my...you guys take the cake on this one tonight.LOL

And Yes, I find the discussion about 911 to boil down to an inate human desire to run from fear. 'Fight or Flight'
Although now, a fight has begun, and it is apparent that way too many have already flown away.
Although, in this specific topic it is not only the fight that matters most, but the ones ability to juggle a thought...

Question though... Is it possible to have both inter and intra personal intelligence, I think so, but...?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Conundrum04

nice topic, and thanks for the iq link. i scored a 129 at 1:00 am in the morning and i've been talking with my "little" kids all day. if you have kids you know being with them for to long can turn your brain to mush.
anyhow knowing my tickle iq i will tell you my view on 9/11. i do not care what others think of it i am just stating a view and i am not debating your feelings, but i will point out a few reasons to dismiss what i have heard of as a conspiracy. first is the entire " explosives used in the wtc " theory. i know why it looked like a demolition. the elevators on the wtc buildings did not go from floor 1 to the top. they only went up every 40 or so floors at a time and then you would have to exit and go up another shaft. when the floors started to collapse the air in there compressed and blew out at the bottom of every shaft with all the force of the building collapsing. the force pushed the air ahead of the collapsing floors exploding the air out of windows many floors down ahead of the collapse, giving the impression of a highly perfectly timed chain of explosions leveling the building. even giving off the sound of explosion because the elevator shafts turned into metal balloons so to speak. what happens when you step on a balloon folks? i wonder if you look at the blue prints of the wtc if you might find that those areas of controlled explosions are also the floors of elevator shaft beginning end ending floors.
the pentagon videos? your guess is as good as mine but a guess is not the truth. the truth as to whats on the tapes may never be known. but is there always video of an event we cant prove the facts of? evidence can prove the truth. seeing isn't always believing. witnesses , plane parts, i did see them on some pictures. i've seen the movie loose change and he puts together a good bunch of stuff. i can punch a bunch of little holes into allot of what he says and im not even investigating it. besides the fact that the bush crew is supposedly behind it ... BUSH? uhh..

Maybe a secret society.. or group.. or maybe just angry knife wielding suppressed, impoverished, brain washed, religious fanatics from Saudi Arabia planned it all? Taking the happy go lucky Starbuck couch potato people who get their worldly news from their local cable company by surprise. "i know because im one of you." i never saw it coming either. but i do believe our government knew about it. Maybe even prepared to avoid to many losses from it and get some gains from it. "moving gold" as a loss prevention and "war for oil" a gain. i'll agree to that. any how this topic or conspiracy is part of the times just as who shot jfk was a hot topic for decades. debate it ... take it for a terrorist attack or not you still won't solve anything. Unless there were new bits of evidence i would just as well except it as an attack. The real problem is we havnt yet squashed the enemy"s"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join