It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ and 911

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this topic goes against ATS policy or if it's been brought up in the past. But I personally think that it's important to understand where a persons mind is at when discussing important topics such as the events that happened and led up to "9/11" and the subsequent strategic disasters after the event.

I tend to believe that people that can't string together a bunch of ideas inside their heads and make sense of things have a lower IQ. I don't won't to sound demeaning to anyone but it's really frustrating talking to people that can't even connect A to B, let alone A to Z.

I understand that intelligence is a touchy subject, but IQ is a measurement of your understanding of a particular macro system(matrix) which we currently live in. We live in a math class. If you can't multiple 12x12 divide it by 2 then add 28 in your head, how can you figure out what's really going on in the world?

The answer is 100 by the way.

I thought I had an IQ above 150 before I got tested, but it turned out that it's really 136.

I don't expect people to give out their IQ scores, but I would like to hear where people stand on this topic.

It's getting REALLY scary people. I just feel that any country in the world is better off run by people that are intelligent and understand what is actually going on in the world.

Common Sense is dead!!! God help us

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think iq tests are flawed.

For instance, maybe there is a native guy living in the rain forest who is as smart as Einstein. Reckon what his score would be with your test. Or how about you taking his iq test, reckon what your score would be.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I think iq tests are flawed.

For instance, maybe there is a native guy living in the rain forest who is as smart as Einstein. Reckon what his score would be with your test. Or how about you taking his iq test, reckon what your score would be.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by earth2]

I understand what you're saying but I'm talking about the present macro system("the matrix") as a whole.

A native guy in a rain forest is probably more resourceful, more knowledgeable, more wiser than a guy that's living the rat race in LA(los angeles). But I wasn't talking about that.

The rat race LA guy lives in a macro matrix set up by people he'll never know, and never understand.

The native(triber) lives life by wisdom through his elders and by personal experience.

There would be no need for an IQ test in native societies because the notion of arrogance(ego) isn't present.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Conundrum04]

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Conundrum04]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yea I hear where you are coming from, do you suggest everyone should take a iq test? Maybe the high iq people should run things?

One thing that bugs me is have you ever met a booksmart person who had no common sense? Should they be in charge?

Just maybe the person who has unorganized thought's with a low iq will be the one who finds the smoking gun. I think we need the diversity.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, i find the theory quite dumb, no offense.

People have different strengths in different area's, their mathematical ability will not determine how "Smart" they are.

For example. i have held an A average in history and social studies, been mistaken for an adult on many occasions for my clear thinking and quick thought, and generally been accepted to be a rather highly intelligent and mature individual for my age.

I failed grade 11 math twice in one year.

Is that a reflection on my ability to cognitize, or, as you say "put A and B together" ?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This post ought to be some fun.

Conundrum04 you’re a real “dangermouse” for addressing such a subject. IQ is really, really difficult to measure. At least the way you seem to define it – as deductive reasoning. I don’t think it much applies to 9-11 though. There are other personality traits – emotional and primal ones -- which overwhelm people’s thinking about those events. Truth is, people just want to eat, sleep, breed and have a good time. Humans are biologically programmed this way. Anything which interferes with that life-on-easy-street mindset gets blocked out.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
IQ aside, I tend to think when people focus to much on minutia as opposed to the big picture, things tend to get messy.

Some people think the implication of the government and the future of the world is the "big picture" when in reality - it is neither. It's how we choose to live our lives since this tragic event.

Do we regard the whole affair as a conspiracy, or do we heed the modern wake up call and begin to examine ourselves?

Do we focus on the actions and motives of others, or do we ask ourselves more intently "what am I doing with my own life since this event"?

I avoid this topic like the plague, but your post caught my eye, and I have to agree that whatever the reason, people are showing more than ever why there is a need for leadership and government.

The endless fighting and speculation isn't helping to make America less of a "Great Satan" (to borrow a phrase) - it's merely reinforcing the primary issues we have as a collective in this country.

*two cents*

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yea I hear where you are coming from, do you suggest everyone should take a iq test? Maybe the high iq people should run things?

One thing that bugs me is have you ever met a booksmart person who had no common sense? Should they be in charge?

Just maybe the person who has unorganized thought's with a low iq will be the one who finds the smoking gun. I think we need the diversity.

It's really strange.

I've had the opportunity that most Americans haven't experienced. To be really popular, liked, and respected among my peers. It's still that way to this day.

I've known booksmart people all my life. My brother can quote lines from books he's read from 20 years ago verbatim, you couldn't believe it!

The whole issue about iq is really touchy. I personally feel that the test is a measure on how well you can fit inside the present "system", and not a measure of actually inteligence.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04
I personally feel that the test is a measure on how well you can fit inside the present "system", and not a measure of actually inteligence.

I agree with that completely.
That is exactly what it is.

btw where is a good link to take a 'free' iq test?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I tend to believe that people that can't string together a bunch of ideas inside their heads and make sense of things have a lower IQ. I don't won't to sound demeaning to anyone but it's really frustrating talking to people that can't even connect A to B, let alone A to Z.......

OK well listen genius before you brag to much, you might want to learn how to speak before putting us LOWER IQ people down....I don't won't to sound demeaning????? ummmm... thank god for people like you being able to figure out 9/11 and all the other really complex things that go on in the US, because the rest of us don't have a clue about any of it, let alone how to solve/figure it out.....

I understand that intelligence is a touchy subject, but IQ is a measurement of your understanding of a particular macro system(matrix) which we currently live in. We live in a math class. If you can't multiple 12x12 divide it by 2 then add 28 in your head, how can you figure out what's really going on in the world? ..........

So your good at math...good for you. Thats actually means nothing to the world around you. Why? because you will meet the same fate as all of us. This world and the natural cycle of life doesn't dictate or care about your IQ man.

It's getting REALLY scary people. I just feel that any country in the world is better off run by people that are intelligent and understand what is actually going on in the world.

You just proved with this statement as to why people with high IQ's could NEVER have the ability, let alone skill, to run a nation...

[edit on 11/8/07 by shadow_soldier1975]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just realized something.
Am I the only one who couldnt calculate 12x12 divided by 2 plus 28 = 100 in their head.
I think I just lost 100 points on my iq test. Now I have a -28 iq...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I find your whole thought process on this flawed.

I for one know for a fact that they are very intelligent people on both sides of the debate and still they do not agree with each other. While I may not agree with their reasoning, I still see evidence of well thought out arguments, even if I don't agree with their conclusions. That doesn't make one side "stupid" and the other side "smarter" as you seem to imply.

The basis of "I am smarter therefore my logic and conclusions are better than yours" can be very far from accurate. I have met engineers, lawyers and doctors, who most people would consider "smarter than average" have absolutely horrible financial saavy. They have told me previously that they "knew" what they were doing, then come see me a 1 1/2 years later with their investments down $475,000. Are they 'dumb"? Far from it.

A higher than average intelligence does not necessarily translate into being in the "right" more. To think otherwise is to be full of yourself to a degree.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Well, i find the theory quite dumb, no offense.

People have different strengths in different area's, their mathematical ability will not determine how "Smart" they are.

For example. i have held an A average in history and social studies, been mistaken for an adult on many occasions for my clear thinking and quick thought, and generally been accepted to be a rather highly intelligent and mature individual for my age.

I failed grade 11 math twice in one year.

Is that a reflection on my ability to cognitize, or, as you say "put A and B together" ?

To be honest, I really don't know.

I've been a math whiz all my life and I can see how math is related to everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

I can go outside myself and put myself in someone else's shoes and understand why they do the things they do through MATH.

Sometimes I'll know what someone will do before they do it before, because of simple mathematics.

I totally agree that we all have different strengths and abilities, but those said strengths and abilities are constantly being suppressed by the elite that don't have any other desire in life other than to be powerful and rich.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I rest my case.

It is apparently more important to pick apart anything that remotely resembles a personal affront and attack, thus reaffirming there are a great majority of people who, quite simply, love to fight.

Seriously...I love a good debate as much as the next person, but it never hurts to read between the lines and see the BIG PICTURE as opposed to systematically deconstructing the OP's idea into small bits and then quibbling over minutia.

But of course, if you choose to continue the cycle of intolerance, by all means, it's your life and I'm not here to impose on anyones free will.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Without a doubt people are of different intelligence. People in general have to see it to believe it. So reality is what is in thier enviroment.
I doubt anyone who participates on this site is below average IQ, where as those watching MTV right now...well.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
. I have met engineers, lawyers and doctors, who most people would consider "smarter than average" have absolutely horrible financial saavy. They have told me previously that they "knew" what they were doing, then come see me a 1 1/2 years later with their investments down $475,000. Are they 'dumb"? Far from it.

Yeah, they are dumb!

A wise person understands that dollar bills have absolutely no value. Only an obsolute fool would put their trust in a piece of paper that "states" what it is worth... only a COMPLETE FOOL!"

What are these so called "smart" people going to do when the dollar becames just as worthless as the peso? Will these smart guys jump out of buildings like they did in the crash of 1929? Are you one of those disneyland people that believe mickey mouse will one day come to save the day?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
. I have met engineers, lawyers and doctors, who most people would consider "smarter than average" have absolutely horrible financial saavy. They have told me previously that they "knew" what they were doing, then come see me a 1 1/2 years later with their investments down $475,000. Are they 'dumb"? Far from it.

Yeah, they are dumb!

A wise person understands that dollar bills have absolutely no value. Only an obsolute fool would put their trust in a piece of paper that "states" what it is worth... only a COMPLETE FOOL!"

What are these so called "smart" people going to do when the dollar becames just as worthless as the peso? Will these smart guys jump out of buildings like they did in the crash of 1929? Are you one of those disneyland people that believe mickey mouse will one day come to save the day?

lol, this thread is funny. This is such a useless statement. How do you go about buying materials to sustain your existence? I'm I a fool for using dollars bills to buy groceries? That's the way the system works. I'm open to other possibilities, but this is the norm. Maybe my IQ is too low.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I just realized something. Am I the only one who couldnt calculate 12x12 divided by 2 plus 28 = 100 in their head. I think I just lost 100 points on my iq test. Now I have a -28 iq...

I couldn't do it either...lol I probably didn't try hard enough, but I guess that's the point...I've always hated maths.

But anyway yeah, you can't measure understanding with an intelligence test.
The events of 9-11 take understanding, not intelligence. Understanding of past historical events and how they relate to present history. An understanding of how the mindset of the population is manipulated through the media. An understanding of the ruthlessness of the 'powers that be'. An understanding of how the events of 9-11 were inevitable in one form or another. An understanding of our system of government that sells us slavery as freedom, and perpetuates an illusion of democracy.

They sell us love as divinity
When it's only a social obscenity
Underneath they're all lovable...Eve Libertine

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I just realized something.
Am I the only one who couldnt calculate 12x12 divided by 2 plus 28 = 100 in their head.
I think I just lost 100 points on my iq test. Now I have a -28 iq...

Im a math guy, and it took me a few senconds to figure it out in my head, the reason for the length is that i am a Mathamatician, not an Arithimision.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I've had the opportunity that most Americans haven't experienced. To be really popular, liked, and respected among my peers. It's still that way to this day.

How fortunate you are to be not only intellectually superior, but also socially magnetic as well. Surely the ladies must all desire you as passionately as the men envy you...

I could complete your equation mentally but it required a few seconds of focused thought as it would for anyone of average or even above average intelligence. Contrary to what you appear to believe however, mathematical aptitude is no more indicative of real intelligence than being a peerless speller.

In regards to IQ tests, I've known some highly dimwitted people who in fact scored far greater on their IQ tests than my own placement which assessed me in the average intelligence range. Intellect is open to interpretation, the tests are merely a loose indicator.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join