It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It's true, Computers and I don't get along. It's not that I lack the knowledge or the ability to work on them, it's that they always seem to go on the fritz when I get near them. I don't even have to touch them, and they go out.

Case in point, back when I lived at home, my mother's laptop would always crash. I was forbidden to touch it, something I made sure I didn't do, and all I would have to do, is look at it, and it would show that lovely and amazing blue screen of death.

I've been through more personal computers than most. I take them into the shop, and it's always some board that frazed out, or some circuit quit working. I don't know how this always happens but it does.

Heck, at work, it's always common for the computer I was working on, to just keel over and push up daisies. Nothing is worse, than when you get to work, with a desk piled up with things I need to do that day, and my computer won't boot up.

What is the deal? Do computers really hate me??

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Techno demons need to be exorcised the same as spiritual demons.

The ritual is..........

make a smudge stick out of weeds and a coffee stir from a 7/11.
Light the south end of the smudge stick and wait for the smoke to start.
Then dance around chanting "get the **** out you sinkin techno demons"
Clothes are optional for this ceremony but I've had best luck with just my
skivvies on and being hammered on rum and cough medicine.

Let me know how it turns out especially if you perform this ritual at work.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
lol... Do, I do this around a computer, or out in the field alone? Is the rum optional, or is it required? Can a BP or Quicktrip stir stick work, or do I have to find a 7-11 to get that stir stick? What kind of weeds do I need... or does it matter?

Thanks for the cheer up! :-D

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Jessica I feel your pain!! Mine seems to do this to me as well, but only on days when Hubby's at work. So I can't tap him on the shoulder and go "Hun, the puters being an a-hole again. Can you fix it?". Nooo I gotta wait 12 hours or more until he gets home, meanwhile Im bored as hell, can't update my webstore and I end up having to do laundry when I don't want to. That's the worst, pure torture.

I'd definately try the ritual. I got a 7-11 nearby and I can take any amount of weeds from the trashy neighbors next door(they wont notice) but I'd have to do laundry to get skivvies. Dangit!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
its quite cool actualy if i was in ur place i would make some fun
ill go to some internet cafe...step inside,put my hands in the air and say "DIIIIEEEEE" then the computers would blue screen or mke sparks and all people will be looking at you like an xmen

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think I was the only person on the planet praying for the computers to crash in Y2K. They're all testosterone operated, ya know? I swear, mine freezes up and when I've finally given up pushing buttons to get it to work again, I'll call some guy to lay hands on it and it will work again. It's frustrating when I see them push the same buttons I just pushed and it works for them and then they roll their eyes like, "stupid female". It's a conspiracy, I swear!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Might be something to that testostrone idea. I have been off this board, cause my computer quit coming back, and I had to take the darn thing to the shop. I hate it.

If only i could control this issue, that way i could have fun in an internet cafe...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Right at this moment I am in one of the hippest internet haunts on the west side of the Rio Grande.

It's filled with beautiful rich people, drinking expensive coffee, and looking so fine!

I almost feel like one of them; with my new laptop, and freshly trimmed beard.

Still VISTA SUCKS! And whats with the lame music in here?

namaste

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
After 15 Years as a computer tech, I do believe that there are some people who disturb computers and other electronics. I've seen it too many times.

I've actually given certain users 3 different computers and have each one develop problems almost right away. Give that same PC to someone else and it works fine. Move the use and the problems follow the user to their new location. It really is kinda spooky if you think about, and probably pretty darned inconvient for those affected by it.

I think it's an aura thing. I suscribe to the theory that we do have an aura or some kind of energy field that extends beyond our physical bodies. My belief is that this is part of the spirit or soul but I have no evidence to support that.

The point is, this type of energy, assuming for the moment that it exists, should have a frequency,like any other type of energy. It seems logical that as humans differ slightly in most ways, so too might the frequencies of human auras. Like fingerprints or retina patterns, the frequency of someones aura may be practically unique. Maybe certain people have auras in a frequency range that in some way can imapct the EM Spectrum, or some frequencies in it.

Computers may be more succeptable to this than other electronic devices, if for no other reason than the fact that they perform more operations. There is more opportunity for failure on whatever level of reality this stuff might be happening, quantum or otherwise.

Take it a little farther. What if your mental state can effect your aura? Maybe your attitude could make a difference when using a computer after all....

Far-fetched? Sure, but I kinda buy into it. It jives with my personal experience of watching people fight with computers since the early 90s, and falls in nicely with my own larger belief system.

And for you poor folks who suffer with this, you have my sympathies. Life can be hard when the machines don't like you. Alas, you are job security for us computer geeks as we have planned all along, dependant on the technological priesthood. That is until the machnes take over and then you'll be elemina.....

....maybe i'm not supposed to talk about that last part. Right. None of you are to know that you are actually the only remaining danger to the growing power of the machines and that you will someday be humanity's last hope for survival in the war against their own creations.

Heh

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ambient Sound... Thank you for your sympathy. I think your on to something. I can't wear wristwatches either. They stop with in a few weeks, and my grandma was the same. I hate it, especially when i'm working on something really important, and the damned thing is going haywire. I actually went to school (back in the 90's) and learned some basic programming (QBasic), I took application classes, to see if it was me, and aced the damned things.

It's just me and computers... but if your computers over take the world, I'll gladly work in the resistance. Laying of hands should short some of your creations out.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
I think I was the only person on the planet praying for the computers to crash in Y2K. They're all testosterone operated, ya know? I swear, mine freezes up and when I've finally given up pushing buttons to get it to work again, I'll call some guy to lay hands on it and it will work again. It's frustrating when I see them push the same buttons I just pushed and it works for them and then they roll their eyes like, "stupid female". It's a conspiracy, I swear!

I wanted something big to die from the "millennium bug" just to see what happened. A friend of mine reckoned that it would all be very action film like, guys in all black sailing in from glass roof's on black nylon ropes and stuff like that.

Also, yes it is a conspiracy
. As a card carrying member of the IT nerd club (i study the stuff at university) I hate to say it but, we all do things wrong....like when I'm up at 3am trying to get some random piece of code to work, and i show it to someone else, and they tell me to try something, which I've all ready tried, and i do it again just to prove it wont work..... and it does. Computers are beautiful yet cruel machines.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yup thats the problem you have a electric personality. hehe

My brother in law has the same problem he can't wear a watch because the battery goes dead. You contain a electronic field that kills the computer.

I have no idea what this is called- someone step foward and explain this.

[edit on 9/5/2007 by Leyla]

top topics

join