It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian UFO Collection: Government Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I do not think I have posted this before. I found a rather interesting collection of documents on the Library and Archives Canada pages.

The index can be found here: Canada's UFOs

The site is nicely laid out and does have some good documents.

Here is a sample of one of the documents, an RCMP report from the Falcon Lake encounter ( Stephen Michalak case )

Click to view RCMP Report from May 20, 1967

The website is far from being a comprehensive list, but it is nice to see some info put online.

Enjoy.

Remember, when reading the stories, be sure to check "Related Documents" at the bottom. These are the actual reports.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Interesting find - thanks.

J.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Excellent find Dulcimer! It's about time we started discussing some Canadian sightings.

I hope you don't mind me adding this link to the Falcon Lake incident.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Visually, the website is very attractive and of very good taste. Nothing over elaborated.

Regarding content like Dulcimer said, it's far from being comprehensive. Hopefully they will add more and more in depth information.

I noticed they have Project Magnet from the 50s listed. I have posted recently links to documents from Project Magnet that talk about a group being created in the US to solely investigate UFOs (Majestic 12?).

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I see that Shag Harbor is there.

Asked my dad about that incident
one night.
Said he'd never heard of it.

After looking into the incident and
finding that a Destroyer Group was
dispatched there, I asked again,
relaying that I knew his ship was
sent.

"Russian sub". He said. Gave me the
hull number.

Amazing. One moment, he has no
idea.
Presented with my knowledge, he
spouts the "official" story along with
specifics.

I'm of the opinion something of ours
went down there.

No idea what.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Nice! It gives me pride in my profession
Librarians are supposed to be non-biased and not place their beliefs, politics, etc. before the needs of their clients.

Shirley's Bay is home to the Communications Research Centre, which is part of Industry Canada. A relative told me a few years back that few people know what really goes on there.

More info:
www.crc.ca...
wikimapia.org...

"Advanced telecommunications research..."

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I do not think I have posted this before. I found a rather interesting collection of documents on the Library and Archives Canada pages.

That is correct, but V Kaminski has: here(scroll down) way back in February. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess. It would have been easy to forget, but perhaps he should have some recognition for this find as well. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
nice find... thanks for sharing. It's always nice dealing with information that's closer to home.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ah yes I see it was mentioned in a thread... One of my threads!

I will keep this open as the previous time it was mentioned it was not in a thread dedicated to the subject.

new topics

top topics

join