It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Gasparilla” hidden Treasure in Everglades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought this was cool. Anybody wanna hunt pirate treasure.

It seems a old Spaniard named Juan Gonzalez who claim to have pirated with Jose Gaspar aka Gasparilla knew where he had buried a cache of treasure.
To make a short story two men found him in his cabin on shell creak in the everglades dead. He had promised to show them where the treasure was. All they found in his cabin was a jar of gold coins and an engraved copper plate.

The encrypted message on the copper plate is supposed to be the coordinates to the treasure but no one can figure it out.

Here is the message:

O-X-NXW 1/4 W – VER – VAR
LEGUA 1/10
0O-X-SWXW – VER – VAR
HASTA X

He said, “that it was buried near the shore of Lettuce Lake,” (this is near Ft. Ogden, Florida) and “that it is worth several million dollars.”

Map of Ft ogden map

I got this story from a treasure book but I found a few stories on the net...

Link

[edit on 11-8-2007 by earth2]

[edit on 11-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That's cool too bad I don't live anywhere near Florida or I'd have made a trip out of looking around for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Im with you

ARRHHH ME MATEY!!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My family actually has summer property near Lake Placid, just to the east of your point.

I probably won't be around the area anytime soon, but I'll definetly check it out if I am up there.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Cool, im only 30 minutes south of Lake Placid. My Aunt lives there.

Yeah ive lived here a long time and just heard of this story. Maybe its true maybe its false but there is still the funny encrypted message.
And there was a lot of pirate action around the everglades. I would be willing to check it out. I would love to hunt treasure.

Theres another story in the same area of some civil war soldiers burying a cache of payroll money. They kinda give some clues where they buried it. Ill see if I cant find that.

When I lived in Tampa I used to explore the big indian mounds in St Petersburg by the power plant. They are huge and a lot of them. Found a few pottery shards as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i heard there was gold burried in the everglades in aligator alley and st road 41. does anyone know if thats true? i only live about 30 min away from there and im dieing to find some treasure. anyone heard of it?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

top topics

join