It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey Madness at UCLA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

THE HOME OF DR. ARTHUR ROSENBAUM isn’t hard to find. He lives a few blocks south of Sunset Boulevard, near the UCLA campus, in a white two-story house with a front yard jammed with aspen trees. There is a short driveway on the side of the home, and during the evening, a bright, white light illuminates the carport. If someone wants to sabotage the doctor’s car under the cover of night, a flashlight isn’t needed.

On Sunday, June 24, just that kind of person struck. Rosenbaum, a highly regarded pediatric ophthalmologist who had been regularly harassed by animal-rights activists for his research work with cats and rhesus monkeys at the Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA, noticed a device underneath his luxury sedan. The bomb squad was dispatched to the scene and hauled away a makeshift — but deadly — explosive. A faulty fuse was the only reason it didn’t go off.

www.laweekly.com...

Besides posting communiqués and press releases on the NAALPO Web site, Vlasak understands that his medical background gives the animal-rights movement a certain amount of cachet. Journalists come to him for quotes, and he gives them. In a 2004 interview with the London Observer, he said, “I don’t think you’d have to kill too many [researchers]. I think for five lives, 10 lives, 15 human lives, we could save a million, 2 million, 10 million nonhuman lives.” Those remarks caused him to be banished from England, but in Southern California, he practices surgery at Riverside Community and Parkview Community hospitals in Riverside County, as well as Community Hospital and San Antonio Community Hospital in San Bernardino.

www.laweekly.com...

Trying to promote murders and attempt the murders of people who refuse to follow the way you see the world is beyond retarded. And yet this guy is still allowed to get on with his life, in an important life-saving role, as if he is untouchable. What if he had one of these researchers on his table? Would he just refuse to work on them or would they have an unfortunate accident in recovery one night when one of his cronies sneaks in?

Promising rewards for attempted bombers is not enough in my eyes, these are terrorists and need to be hunted down and treated like any other. Even we (British) kicked him out and sometimes it takes a lot to boot a foreign individual out of the country! If you agree with animal-testing or not this is never the answer, and it is only a matter of time before some truly innocent individual is killed by mistake, like the old lady who nearly found out what a molotov cocktail can do just because they got the wrong house...on the wrong street

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Damn straight. Although an unrealistic view of the side-effects of the actions of some of the crazy people in animal rights, 28 days later is a fairly terrifying warning. Honestly, i think half the people in such organizations are just in it because they like to fight...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Damn straight. Although an unrealistic view of the side-effects of the actions of some of the crazy people in animal rights, 28 days later is a fairly terrifying warning. Honestly, i think half the people in such organizations are just in it because they like to fight...

Oh you are right there. Every cause like this will attract a very dangerous and militant element that has less than zero interest in what the cause is all about, although I like to think it is quite a small percentage, yet that small percentage will gain a high percentage of the press and put the whole lot in a bad light. I have no problem with people wanting to protest pretty much anything they want to, just stay friendly, stay legal, focus on educating people in a civilized fashion (rather than forcing it down people's throats, that will just turn them off forever more) and keep the nutters well away from you.

join