It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is antimatter the cause of blackholes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
first if you don't know what antimatter is check wikipedia
done? good.
Now, couldn't black holes be anti-matter clumps annialating matter as it enters the hole?
opinions, please

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well I can tell you the War On Terrorism isnt the cause of black holes. Don't know about anti matter now.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
yeah, sorry. i didn't mean to post it in thins forum and i don't know how to move it

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You can make a 'black hole' out of antimatter, as you can terrene matter and energy, but it's not the cause of black holes, no.

That would be "gravity".

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The anti-matter would be annihilated when it came into contact with matter so without a source of anti-matter it wouldn't last very long.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I Thought Anti-Matter Wasn't Even A Matter In It's Own Laws But If It Can't Touch Matter Can It Will Collapse On Itself Untill It Finds (According To 'The Laws') A Matter Suitable To Destroy Or Will It Be A To Narrow Gap

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
it wouldn't colappse as it says [on wiki] that when it is anialated they energy create more antimatter

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Black holes create just as they destroy. At the beginning a black hole will draw everything into it's center,even light. Though as the black hole gets too large,the energy it makes pushes the matter around the hole outwards thus starving the blackhole till it stops feeding. Hence a new galaxy is formed. It is believed that every galaxy has a blackhole either feeding or not.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
it wouldn't colappse as it says [on wiki] that when it is anialated they energy create more antimatter

Then Surely It Would Grow Larger And Larger Until Everything Is Destroyed.

join