It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the total strength of the UK armed forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i am curious what is the strength of our forces in the UK

Army
Navy
Air force

Army Reserves
Navel Reserves
Air force reserves if we have that.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This website here gives a useful overview of the strength of UK regular forces. Hope it helps

DASA.mod.uk

It tells you the total number of servicemen, vessels, aircraft, artillery etc. every year. Does anybody use this website? I just stumbled across it and don't know if it is accurate. It is a Ministry of Defence domain name, so I'm assuming that it is.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by DragonsDomain]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
that's more than I would have thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

that's more than I would have thought.

Yeah me to PhxLights. It realy is much manpower right there in the UK army but by the looks off it, it is decreasing in manpower rather quickly.

I wonder what for impact that is going to have when the British need to fight yet another war for "master Bush"?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by James R. Hawkwood
I wonder what for impact that is going to have when the British need to fight yet another war for "master Bush"?

Assuming Britain took part in the first place, I suppose.

I suppose the most predictable future conflict which the US will be involved in would be against Iran - though whether a ground invasion would be attempted is far less clear, given the difficulties that Iraq threw up. It's possible (depending on the evidence, whether the UN supports it and so forth) that the UK might be involved in an air campaign, but I'm not so sure about a ground campaign... the UK seems to be turning its attention to focus on Afghanistan and the fight against the Taliban.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Britain's armed forces are deployed in over 80 nations and have been involved in numerous conflicts and "hotspots" in recent times without any reference to the USA.

Regards

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

Assuming Britain took part in the first place, I suppose.

I suppose the most predictable future conflict which the US will be involved in would be against Iran - though whether a ground invasion would be attempted is far less clear, given the difficulties that Iraq threw up. It's possible (depending on the evidence, whether the UN supports it and so forth) that the UK might be involved in an air campaign, but I'm not so sure about a ground campaign... the UK seems to be turning its attention to focus on Afghanistan and the fight against the Taliban.

i highly doubt britain will be involved in another 'war against the middle-east' conflict (ie iran).

think about it, iraq destroyed blair and gordon brown wouldn't want to go down the same route as him by taking our country to war again, espcially now the british people have new found faith in him and the labour party (according to recent polls)

[edit on 13-8-2007 by st3ve_o]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Brown does seem to be growing in popularity but I'm going to remain sceptical of him until he decides whether to back another war or not. I agree with the posters who say Brown might help with an air assault, but I don't think we'll send any ground support, his spell in number 10 won't last long if many more British troops lose their lives.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by DragonsDomain]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's difficult to predict how Britain would react to attacks of some form on Iran. So much is up in the air right now, no one can predict how things will go and how it will all start. Also, although we like to lump them together, the conflicts of Iraq and Iran would be very different in nature.

Unlike the over-hyped 'intelligence' over Saddam and his WMDs, Iran is a different story. We know they have the capability of making a nuclear device, and they are acting rather suspiciously if - as they claim - their nuclear programme is a solely civil and peaceful operation.

For the record, I don't think military action is the right way forward to solve the problem with Iran at this point (and I don't think the British government does either, hence why I'm not entirely sure how they'd react... a lot depends on how future events will transpire. It's too early to say at the moment). However, it should remain an option, just as every other possible approach should. We need to be much more pragmatic about how we see the rest of the world and interact with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Whilst I agree with your sentiments Ste2652, I cannot see GB telling the next POTUS that their long time bestest ever buddy, will not go to war with them again.

I watched the GB & DWB teleshows beemed across the world from Camp David and I was dismayed to see that it was business as usual.

Our forces are more than 'stretched' as Labour would have us believe, and they are most certainly creaking at the seams.

But, in the best traditions of our small, professional, volunteer forces, our boys and girls will continue to make the best of a bad job.

They may not be laughing and joking but, behind the eyes bleary through lack of sleep and the constant ops in Iraq and Afghanistan, our brave men and women will continue to give their all.

We should be proud of them and demand that our politicians do the right thing by them and give them the support they deserve or get them the
home!

new topics

top topics

join