It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special operations detachment delta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Im looking for my door into this unit. Iv heard that they only recruit from tab specified groups which i dont have but I have pooven my self a better soldier then any 82nd dick. Im on my way back from the gan and it has opened my eyes. the big army isnt what i want and sf is disapointing in the fact that we did all the high speed work n they took our credit. I dont want to be run of the mill. can anyone in here point me in the direction.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Unless they've changed the rules since I was in (it's been a while) you will have to be 82nd, an 18 series or have a Ranger tab before you can apply for selection, at least somewhat because they want you to have gone to jump school.

I'm given to believe the current bunch is all Ranger qualified, so maybe RIP is in your future. I can see you standing on Hurley Hill doin' the demo, must be a psychic vision...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I understand the unit recruiters do ciruits every now and again.

Give the unit a call recruiters a call if you can find their number. They'll be able to help you mean than the internet can.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsydick
Im looking for my door into this unit. Iv heard that they only recruit from tab specified groups which i dont have but I have pooven my self a better soldier then any 82nd dick. Im on my way back from the gan and it has opened my eyes. the big army isnt what i want and sf is disapointing in the fact that we did all the high speed work n they took our credit. I dont want to be run of the mill. can anyone in here point me in the direction.

Well first off "they" arent looking for anyone that has pooven themselves.
If the big Army isnt for you why dont you try getting tabbed first. Try getting into SFAS and if you pass that try passing the Q course. Do not be suprised if you do not pass the first time. From the quality of your post and the general chip on your shoulder you will probably need to grow up before you will have the attitude to pass either of these.

Tom is right, they will have post a flyer when they are looking to fill slots. So keep your eyes open.

I would also suggest that if you truly are interested in being something beside the run of the mill, you will need to be searching on web sites other than conspirecy based.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gypsydick

For a start I would suggest you wind your neck in a bit, considering that the vast majority of the people you would be serving with are ex-"82nd dicks". Your statement about proving yourself a better soldier than these people is EXTREMELY arrogant, considering what the 82nd have achieved in the past.

From experience I can say that the people who state things like "my unit is better than your unit" tend not to have a clue about what they are talking about, and have bought into the rubbish they were filled with in basic. You soon learn that all units contribute to an effort and you are glad of their support when needed.

My advice - Grow up a bit, delete attitude, get your wings and a tab up and push yourself. Delta is a natural progression for the better soldiers who have demonstrated the commitment required for a three time volunteer.

top topics

join