It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread AUTHORS To Be Interviewed On ATS MIX - MEMBER MIX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
POST HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR THREAD CONSIDERED. THIS IS FOR THE AUTHORS ONLY!

Johnny and I mentioned on a previous show, that we thought it would be a great segment to actually INTERVIEW the person who STARTED a GREAT THREAD that produced LOTS OF ACTIVITY here on AboveTopSecret.Com.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Your thread can be in ANY of the AboveTopSecret.Com areas. ATS, BTS, etc.

2. Your thread must have a MINIMUM of 2 or 3 PAGES of MEMBER INTERACTION.

3. You wish to be interviewed for the segment and can discuss your thread completely.

Although Johnny and I have not refined this segment concept yet, we FIRST want to see if we have MEMBER INTEREST before we spend a lot of time in the development.

So, HERE IS WHAT WE NEED. If you would like to PARTICIPATE, simply POST YOUR THREAD shortcut HERE so we can go to it and review it. Please remember that it must conform to STANDARD T & C's that are established by AboveTopSecret.Com.

IF we get enough participation, we will CONTACT YOU via U2U and take it from there. We have also kicked around having someone in your thread that had an OPPOSING POSITION involved in the interview, but that is only a thought.

REMEMBER AboveTopSecret.Com and ATS MIX can only be as great as the MEMBER PARTICIPATION.

POST HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR THREAD CONSIDERED. THIS IS FOR THE AUTHORS ONLY!

Dave

[edit on 8/18/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
this isn't my thread, but it sure has been entertaining.

Criss Angel Discussion

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To presume that people will post here that their thread is really important is why i think u havn't had an influx of posts ..

i have threads i would love to talk about but wouldnt be so presumptious as to put that thread forward.. maybe some type of member voting is in order? to establish what threads they would like to hear the OP interviewed on?
Then maybe you could contact the OP to see if they were amiable in doing this?.. the only poster is a mod that recommends another intresting post and this is the way to go.

if someone did shout from the roof tops they would like to be interviewed about there thread would be highly suspect in my opinion and seeking in attention..

unless of course you allowed people to u2u there wishes thus not exposing them to mass riducule.

If this post gets wiped then so be it just some freindly advice to try to further a fantastic idea
dont give up this one is worth pursuing

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Folks..... we are just wanting member participation. IF a member POSTED SOMETHING on ATS.... obviously they think it was GOOD or they would have never posted it. Johnny and I need some way to have suggestions and this is it. If we don't get people who BELIEVE in their THREADS enough to want to participate..... well.... my 18 months here hope that it is not the case. Post it, vote on it.... show of hands.... whatever. We NEED MEMBER PARTICIPATION so that people WORLDWIDE know how SMART & SHARP OUR MEMBERS ARE!

Thanks for the support.

Dave

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ok i am gonna bite the bullet, although not creating a mass frenzy like some posts this one is dear to my heart and based somewhat on current science theory or at least current science specualtion , adressing the very nature of being and the universe around us

Are we living in a simulated universe?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres the only thread that i have that fits the criteria. Its definatly classic, i just i even mispelled history in the thread title!

Its a couple years old thread, and the last post was a year ago, meaning the last year of members hasn't commented on it...

I remember that many people put up great arguments for some inventions that you would not have considered. Check it out.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This sounds like a great idea to get to know the thread starters around here on ATS. Good idea guys.

Ill throw my hat in the ring with THIS THREAD HERE of mine. Im by no means a massive thread starter like some around here but what the hey, its for the good of ATS Mix, right.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
C'mon, folks. Don't bashful. These guys are serious. They need your participation. Before ATS Mix can grow in to a larger effort, it needs your support. If you don't get behind this effort, it will fail. Yes, I know that some of you want more serious, but that can come later when this thing walks on its own two feet. You want to change the status quo? Here's your chance. Soeak, and be heard.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Assuming that this will part of the Interview half of ATSmix and not a three minute portion of the non-interview "regular show", I love the idea!

In all my 14 months as a member, I've started only one thread (in BTS) and got one response. And that one wasn't pretty.

But, c'mon, peeps! This is a great idea.

Though, I gotta warn ya, Dave. A lot of people suffer from stage fright and wont be too amenable to having their raw talk "netcasted" on a popular program. F'rinstance, I was interview once on the radio about three years ago. I was so nervous about it that I actually vomited before I went on.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
THIS THREAD

wouldnt allow me to edit my original post to add this thread but this is also a subject i would love to discuss.

i perosnally would love to see sleeper slam his name down here
and yes you all know the thread i am talking about !!..

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is mine, a few months old but its worth me having a go.

The "Game" Of Our World Wide Current Situation. Explained.

This is a really good idea, ATS gets better and better all the time.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Though, I gotta warn ya, Dave. A lot of people suffer from stage fright and wont be too amenable to having their raw talk "netcasted" on a popular program.

I hear ya Spork. I used to do my own shoutcast net radio a few years ago. I would get my buddies on air and they would freeze like deer in the headlights.

This is to help promote and build ATS Mix gang. COME ON ATS'ERS, i know there are a crapload more threads/thread starters that need to be interviewed way more than little ole me. Lets see some more participation here. Its real easy, just pretend your not being recorded and just having a good ole conversation with a couple of great guys about your threads.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks to the members who are stepping up and addin thier threads here for consideration.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, I know Serpo is a dirty word, but it was a good piece of work by ATS members and helped bump ATS up a notch or two in credibility. I believe Centrist started that whole topic off, he was also one of the most level heads in that thread. As I recall, he is a lawyer, so he should interview well, too.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello John and Davey.

Thanks for coming up with a great idea!

I'd like to nominate the best dang thread on ATS: I'm coming clean on Extraterestrials by Sleeper.

This is an ATS Big-Thread with over 173 pages (and no end in sight) and over 3,451 replies so far.

Sleeper, who created the thread, also has a blog here on ATS, and folks on the thread usually talk about the blog and ask Sleeper all kinds of questions (so you might think about having some sort of open lines to take questions for the show, so posters can be involved, and you'll have 'member participation', etc. A 'live' questions thread might be a good idea?).

John Lear is a regular poster on the thread (I'm sure you are also going to want to get John Lear on your show as well), and he'll vouch for Sleeper if you want references, etc.

Sleeper knows how to answer any kind of question regarding UFOs. Read his blog and thread; you'll see what I mean.

I'm sure your show is going to be a big hit if you can get Sleeper to be a regular on it.

(Also, a small bribe wouldn't hurt, because he might be hard to get.)

Oh, and Sleeper's also got an 'alien' friend, Milton, who talks through him (sort of telepathically), who will probably insist on taking part in the interviews (if you know what I mean). So you folks will be able to talk directly to a real bonafide alien through Sleeper.

Just make sure to read the blog and thread, so you'll know what kind of questions we want to hear about, and so you don't make dang fools out of yourselves.

Thanks again.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by Rudolph_X]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Guys i think they are wanting Thread Starters to nominate their own threads, not member nominations.

If you have a suggestion or an idea for a thread interviewee, maybe u2u the person you would like to hear interviewed and have them get in here and nominate their own thread so Dave and Johnny can take a look at it get with them and setup an interview time.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your comment.

But, I think they'll take whatever they can get.

In his last post here, Dave Rabbit said, "Post it, vote on it.... show of hands.... whatever."

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well rudolph, by their own submission and i quote

REQUIREMENTS

3. You wish to be interviewed for the segment and can discuss your thread completely.

Your, Your and You. As i suggested, get ahold of the thread starter and see if they will come in here and post their own thread, i didnt completely shoot down your idea so relax. Maybe they dont want to be interviewed, maybe they havent seen this thread. By letting them know about it with a u2u, they may be more inclined to come in here and sign up for interviewing.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Well rudolph, by their own submission and i quote

REQUIREMENTS

Your, Your and You. As i suggested, get ahold of the thread starter and see if they will come in here and post their own thread, i didnt completely shoot down your idea so relax. Maybe they dont want to be interviewed, maybe they havent seen this thread. By letting them know about it with a u2u, they may be more inclined to come in here and sign up for interviewing.

Hello S1LV3R4D0.

Thanks for your comment.

I don't know... that looks like some kind of typo error to me, or maybe Davey just changed his mind. One post says one thing, and his second post seems to be the correction. So, I'd go by what was said on Davey's second post, as it seems to be an improvement on his original post. It seems like the thing is still sort of evolving... and hasn't crystalized into any sort of fixed policy yet. Maybe they're still evolving the idea?

Now, Howard Stern gets 500 million, right? So, I feel Sleeper ought to get paid, maybe some ATS points, at least, for doing the interview? I'm not Sleeper's agent, but I'll take 10% if they want to give it up for the suggestion.

Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join