It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism & it's pitfalls...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Okay, you must all see the point and no matter how much you bitch and try to conceal your burning ill-informed hatred, you have got to realise the virtues of the American culture. Is this not the culture that bore Chuck Norris, the Delta Force movies, Star Wars, both the movie franchise and the proposed space weapon system? Is it not the very same culture that made American Pie, Bob Dylan, Ernest Hemmingway, and the Cannonball Run? Indeed it is.

Yet, despite these achievements, America has been laid siege by rampant anti-Americanism from every other country, and supposed rational souls are foaming at the mouth, or collectively gnashing their teeth in unison at the Americans and how stupid, or how fat they are, or how incredibly stupid, and fat they are.

In Britain, we sort of view our American cousins that they are in-fact dullard morons who can't tell their ass from their elbow, and may have to be stopped from nibbling on the furniture. That is all good clean family fun, making fun of an obviously deluded stereotype (which many people pertain to be true) but it's starting to get out of hand when other people buy into it, and start stupid parades, burning effigies of Idiot boy, and flags and all that pointless jive.

It's about time people saw that not all of Americans think as one. It should be pretty easy to realise that the American state doing all the bad things in the world and the American people are two separate things, not the same thing. Not everybody voted for Idiot Boy.

Most states were split down the middle on that issue, with many states going to the wire. The Americans are a diverse people. So, we should pay homage to the Americans by munching on floppy cheese slices and beef jerky, watching Vin Diesel movies and remain confident in their ability to show they are indeed worthy of human liberty.

Note: I'd feel a little more strongly in this issue, if you Americans put back the "u" in color. That really
me off.

[edit on 11/8/07 by MacDonagh]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I love Americans.

But I couldn't eat a whole one.

MonKey

Edn

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think you missed the point, and yet again a big thank you to the people and media spreading these lies. The majority of people (though i cant speak for all of them) are not anti-American, there anti-American-government, theres a big difference. I know a lot of people who do not like the American government at all which of cource there labeled by the American government as being anti-American (i.e. they hate the American people) which isnt the case, I haven't met a single person who doesn't like Americans as a people and there country (though we poke fun, but then the people I know are British and we always make fun of each other, its a good thing)

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You wouldn't believe the ignorance some people display when they talk about America. Usually, it's just stupid ridicule, but then they blame the folk who are ruled by their government for all the wrongs that have been done in their names. It's frankly unfair. There is a level of snobbery involved as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
The Americans are a diverse people. So, we should pay homage to the Americans by munching on floppy cheese slices and beef jerky, watching Vin Diesel movies and remain confident in their ability to show they are indeed worthy of human liberty.

Note: I'd feel a little more strongly in this issue, if you Americans put back the "u" in color. That really
me off.

Well said sir..........

And hear you go.......

COULOR

[edit on 11-8-2007 by whaaa]

Edn

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well id agree I know of one or two people who talk like there better than Americans in general, maybe its just the part of Scotland im in though, most people like Americans here, though we do make fun of them just like we make fun of the English, Welsh and Irish.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Well said sir..........

And hear you go.......

COULOR

[edit on 11-8-2007 by whaaa]

Well, it's a start. Lolzords.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm not anti-american, but i'm certainly not pro-american either.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What colour is your flag?...

Now thats a trick question!

I agree with that most people labeled "anti-American" are really "anti-American-Government"

I am anti-American-government but, I am pretty much anti government. Does that make me a communist? I will admit that I am very ignorant on the 'communist' subject.

Communist sounds bad (pronounced the way most people do) but Communist sounds like a good thing.(sorry for going off topic lol.

top topics

join