It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did jesus have a twin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ive just been readin g a book called the da vinci code decoded and in it said that jesus had a twin called thomas i have never heard this before.
ive heard he had brothers and sisters.
the book researchs the truths and lies behind the da vinci cod eand takes a nutural view for anyone who has not read this book before.

im just wondering if anyone has heard of this theory and what they think of it because i find it quite interesting if true.

mainly if jesus did have a twin why didnt he have the same powers as jesus and were they identical.
also if mary was a virgin why wouldnt both of the twins have equal powers

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I've also heard this theory, and I think that its quite applicable. I mean, if Joseph was married to Mary for all that time, don't you think they'd have other kids... But as far as I know the life of Jesus, he went to Egypt to go to the temples there before his bros or sisthers would have been old enough to write about...
Either that or there's a lost scripture somewhere..

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
ive just been readin g a book called the da vinci code decoded and in it said that jesus had a twin called thomas i have never heard this before.
ive heard he had brothers and sisters.
the book researchs the truths and lies behind the da vinci cod eand takes a nutural view for anyone who has not read this book before.

im just wondering if anyone has heard of this theory and what they think of it because i find it quite interesting if true.

mainly if jesus did have a twin why didnt he have the same powers as jesus and were they identical.
also if mary was a virgin why wouldnt both of the twins have equal powers

You know what would be hilarious? If someone asked the same question about Newton....

Did he have a twin? If so shouldn't he have been able to reveal great principles to the massess as well? But wait... if he had a twin.. that would discredit everything we know in physics!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankGoggles
I've also heard this theory, and I think that its quite applicable. I mean, if Joseph was married to Mary for all that time, don't you think they'd have other kids... But as far as I know the life of Jesus, he went to Egypt to go to the temples there before his bros or sisthers would have been old enough to write about...
Either that or there's a lost scripture somewhere..

There are many lost and with held scriptures pertaining to Jesus...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Apostle Thomas was also known by the nickname Didymus, Greek for twin.

Perhaps this rumor of Jesus having a twin comes from that.

new topics

top topics

join