It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Countries And The Ufo Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Tesla was SERBIAN, not croatian. get it right

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi, good subject OP! But your question is not entirely on the dot. Small countries can have lots of sightings. I dedicated a post on the numerous sightings in Holland in 2007 a short while ago:

Ufo's in Holland in 2007

The question is why do they visit certain regions I guess. It seems that the ufo's favour certain regions for a while and then go on. Maybe they have some business to attend to we don't know about. In the case of Holland people talk about high frequencies of vibration in the Northern part these days, or maybe (my suggestion) the fact that they are working on a infrastructure in northern Holland to distribute energy to a lot of countries. We have a lot of gas of our own and we will be distributing gas from Russia to the world. And there are a lot of biogas and biofuel installations build there. It will be a booming region in the coming years.

There are also people that favor the opinion that when the general attitude of a region changes towards a positive recognition of ufo's or et's , there will be more sightings.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think those crafts 'show themselves' as a tactical strategy to send out the message to an important few, in this case those VIP's in Holland, that they are being watched now due to those reasons you stated in your post.

Scientists and government officials in Holland who are somewhat (though vaguely) 'in the know' about where those UFOs possibly are from are the ones who are the most concerned about such sightings though publicly they would be the last ones to admit this.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
I think those crafts 'show themselves' as a tactical strategy to send out the message to an important few that, in this case northern Holland, is being watched now due to those reasons you stated in your post.

Emphasis on the 'I think' part. So, it's just your opinion, but the way you expressed yourself in the previous post you sounded like who didn't agree with you - that UFOs are secret advanced military airplanes - wasn't an 'educated American'.

I thought you were basing yourself on something concrete to substantiate that claim, like a poll.

Scientists and government officials in Holland who are somewhat (though vaguely) 'in the know' about where those UFOs possibly are from are the ones who are the most concerned about such sightings though publicly they would be the last ones to admit this.

Again I have to ask, is this just your opinion or you have something that you can show us to indicate that this might be the case? If you do I would like to see it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here is my opinion on the matter:

Possible reasons:
1. Nuclear installations - as reported in many of the sightings (US/UK atleast) it may seem that the ET have interest in our Nuclear tech.
2. More free time for people of developed nations - seems like a trivial point, but when you think about it less developed nations (and I dont mean small nations) have large populations just struggling to make ends meet. UFOs are not high on their priority list.
3. Possible connections to world powers - as some more advanced CTs propose ET may already have agreements with such nations.
4. Direct influence from Hollywood - contemporary culture is influenced to a great extent by the movies coming out of Hollywood. For instance star trek has been a huge influence on so many people I know.

Speculation:
1. Perhaps they are visiting old sites to jog their memories ;-)
2. Acceptance of star people/sky people/gods from the sky in many cultures. So when average joe mentions to his neighbors that he saw something, it is no big deal.
3. Media in small nations, under developed nations are not too interested in covering events such as these for lack of interested readers.
..... and on and on

I have a tough time believing all world governments are in cohoots. The idea is just tough to accomplish - get everyone (everytime govts change) to agree no matter how forceful you can get.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0

I have a tough time believing all world governments are in cohoots. The idea is just tough to accomplish - get everyone (everytime govts change) to agree no matter how forceful you can get.

I think only a few goverments are in cahoots so I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Simple, the more UFO's a country sees, the more nuts it has living in it. Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Generally europe, the UK, and the USA have more sightings

As they have more airbases, refuelling points, training grounds, stop off points, and so on.

Scotland often was witness to a lot of oil riggers accounts of UFOs - since the 70s - more than likely high altitude refuelling or general spy planes heading for a pass over russia.

Scotland a relatively small area has an even smaller sighting area named the falkirk triangle. Possibly due to it being a more populated area than farther north - and farther north offering stop off and refuelling locations.

Also the Machrahannish air base at scotland held one of the UKs longest runways. Ideal possibly for blackbirds setting down for a cup of tea.

Generally id suggest most UFO sightings are within flight paths and ranges of most air bases known to be experimental or not.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the information Karma but if the member named Danx in this thread asks you if what you're saying is just an OPINION -- just ignore him... he wants everybody to put IMO before every sentence they post in their posts here...
grrrrrrr I HATE TROLLS!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the information Karma but if the member named Danx in this thread asks you if what you're saying is just an OPINION -- just ignore him... he wants everybody to put IMO before every sentence they post in their posts here...
grrrrrrr I HATE TROLLS!

Easy there with the name calling, especially since what you are saying is completely false.

You claimed something - that 'most educated Americans believe that UFOs are secret advanced military aircraft' - and so I asked you if you had anything to substantiate your claim.

Obviously at that point I had no idea if you had something to base off what you were saying or it was just your opinion.

So basically you're calling me a troll for asking you to back up your claims. Ok...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I just did a check-up on you and there's not much there because you are new here, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll.

This said, I still don't think that we need to put IMO in all of our sentences here and in fact, most brand new people here are more humble when they first start posting here where they don't start making suggestions that members do this or that right off the bat.

Anyway, I'm not going to apologize but I will say that because most of those I hang out with are highly educated (I'm sorry but it's true)-- plus my best friend (sig. other) is the head of a university aerospace program who regularly attends military boot camp retreats... hint - hint -- and in my immediate family I have one member who is the top honcho of his state's National Guard and his son is a navy B-52 pilot... well, when you ask these people and others they are with about UFO's, most believe they are experimental aircraft/advanced military aircraft and that's saying a lot considering who they are, what they do for a living and who they hang out with on a day to day basis.
Now, I'm probably going to regret my giving this information about my background but because I want you off my back, this is why I'm telling it here.
Mine is an informal polling but I stand by what I said because it's true.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

This said, I still don't think that we need to put IMO in all of our sentences here and in fact, most brand new people here are more humble when they first start posting here where they don't start making suggestions that members do this or that right off the bat.

You were talking about something that interests me, and therefor I simply asked you if you had anything concrete to base off what you were saying so I could look at it. You replied it was merely your opinion and I accepted as such.

Secondly, you can stop the 'you are a new member and I'm older so I know best' attitude, because that means absolutely nothing in this matter. I didn't make any suggestions. You most likely misunderstood me to interpret my words as such.

I just find it funny that you started calling someone a troll because they engaged you in the discussion asking you to elaborate on what you are saying.

You being such a veteran here it seems, I would think you would understand this discussion thing a little better. People present their ideas, some agree, others disagree, some ask for proof, others don't need proof.

I would've thought that, since you obviously have so much more experience than me, you would be aware of these concepts and how things work on ATS.

Anyway, I'm not going to apologize but I will say that because most of those I hang out with are highly educated (I'm sorry but it's true)

Don't worry, since I too hang out with highly educated people, I don't resort to name calling.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I really didn't want to give that information about where I was getting my information on this but in any case, since you are not a new member here then I apologize for calling you a troll.
You should have said something about that. Anyway, maybe I should have said where I was getting my information in my post where I stated that sentence that you had issues with, but as you can see, it involved personal information about myself that at the time I did not want to mention.
I've since changed my mind because this thread has died off anyway so who's even reading it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider2007

Originally posted by schuyler
I think a small country is our saving grace, frankly, in terms of Disclosure.......... All it takes is one Croatia to say, "I'm telling!" to let the cat out of the bag.....

yeah, i was thinking that too, but the thing is, its not that simple.

a country like mine has a lot to loose if it decides to go against the "big ones".

in this case, membership in the europan union and nato. we had to give up more important things than this because "they" told us to. so, i really doubt that any small country will play an important part in disclosure.

Oh, The EU. I forgot. I have friends in both Turkey and Greece who say the same thing. The EU rules. You wanna get in? Obey or else. Well, how about South America? Any country there willing to stand up to the G8 block and tell them where to put it?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
i hope so, but i seriously doubt it...

i think those countries have a lot of other things to worry about, and they lack the organizational capabilities for any serious disclosure. there will always be individuals on the internet, who report things, just like there are now, but a government effort? i dont know....

but maybe things will change when we find one of those underground tunnels that go between alien bases around the world

ah, that john lear.... he aways cracks me up...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would have so say that it has alot to do with your society and it's established norms. In the more western societies, we tend to not know our neighbours too well, and rarely know people from down the block. [This is a generalization, so don't jump on it. Yes, I admit that you might know your neighbours really well, but most people don't.]
In our society, saying that you have seen a UFO isn't a big deal. People actually fake sightings for the fame and notoriety. Not to mention the big book deal if they can pull it off.
From what I understand of Croatian society, it is more close knit and family centered. You do know who your neighbours are, and care about what they think of you.
So this eliminates most of the nutjobs who want to fake a sighting. The ones who do see something and come forward are reticent about it, and don't go yelling all over town about it. Then there are the ones that saw something and didn't say anything about it. I imagine that there are quite a few like that in Croatia.
So, for all you know, there is some guy who has saucers landing in his back feild every Friday like clockwork, but isn't saying a word because he doesn't want his neighbours to think he's crazy. Just because some one isn't talking, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join