It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Countries And The Ufo Phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
ok, so i have a question... kind of...

i live in Croatia, which is a small country in Europe, near Italy. It has a population of around 4 million people, and its largely a tourist destination. Having sad that, we are not in any way underdeveloped, we have great scientist who are well known around the world, and we will be in the european union soon. Marco Polo, he was croatian, and so was Tesla

But anyway, i would really like to know why do all the best known ufo sightings and encounters happen in big countries, America being the first, and then England, with all the crop circles and stuff...

is it because theres simply more people who are paying attention, or do the supposed aliens prefer countries and nations which are more developed? but if so, wouldnt they observe the less developed countries also, to get a more objective view of the human race?

we have had our share of ufo sightings, and they are always mentioned in the media. Some of them explained, in a really cheap way (which was the case with my ufo sighting), and some of them not. But its never really a controversy, more like "yeah, it was a ufo, maybe aliens, maybe not, who knows..." and its usually left at that. And that happens in the mainstream media...

and just one more thing. I have friends who work for the government, police, military and such. Its really not that uncommon here, everybody knows everybody. I talked to a lot of them, and never got the felling that they are hiding something, more that our government simply isnt in the loop on these things.

when something unknown pops up on the radar, they get a call from nato saying to just forget about it. and they do, because thats the deal....

anyway, its all a little frustrating for me

i would like to hear what you people think about all of this.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You have some good points!
Mexico is a hotspot for UFO sightings, as you know Mexico is grossly under-developed compared to European countrys.
UK and US though usually come up with some form of BS regarding the UFO phenomenom.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Its not population, otherwise china would have been number one in sightings.
Its something to do with awareness about ufo's and sci-fi loving culture and of course internet penetration.

Being a nuclear power and a constant threat to the world also helps attract ufos

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Smaller countries don't have large square miles of land that possible UFO sightings might occur, if your country was larger there would be more sightings.

Croatia:Area
- Total 56,542 km² (126th)
21,831 sq mi

USA 9,631,420 km² (3rd2)
3,718,695 sq mi

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by olerris
Smaller countries don't have large square miles of land that possible UFO sightings might occur, if your country was larger there would be more sightings.

Croatia:Area
- Total 56,542 km² (126th)
21,831 sq mi

USA 9,631,420 km² (3rd2)
3,718,695 sq mi

yeah, thats all true, but i also think that some of the ufo sightings have something to do with advanced technology, testing advanced aircraft and such...

so, i guess that in the usa a good part of ufos are actually new fighters and drones, while here, there is really no such thing, so i tend to give more credit to ufo reports in this country, as well as the near by ones.

and also, when america was bombing serbia, a country with which we share our border with, there were a lot of strange things in the sky, so theres probably a connection there.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by olerris
In that case Canada and Russia should have more sightings than the US or Mexico...

Russia:
17,075,400 km² (1st)
6,592,800 sq mi

Canada:
9,984,670 km² (2nd)
3,854,085 sq mi

I think the difference is in the people, in some countries people want more to see UFOs than in others, while in most poor countries most people do not even know what a UFO is, that is why we have very little sightings from those countries, although some are very large.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
In that case Canada and Russia should have more sightings than the US or Mexico...

I think you have to consider population and population density. Canada is physically bigger, but 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. There's also no reason to think that UFOs are evenly distributed over the globe.

I think a small country is our saving grace, frankly, in terms of Disclosure. IF (and I know it's a big IF) the stories of cover-up are true, then it has to be a conspiracy between countries as well as within them. In this scenario, all the larger countries have banded together to keep the secret and probably initimidated the smaller countries to follow along. All it takes is one Croatia to say, "I'm telling!" to let the cat out of the bag.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
UFOs/UAP are a Global Phenomena and have been for a very long time.

Quoting from the U.K. MoD 2006 FOIA release of the "Condign" report (2000).

"It is clear that they ("they" referes to UAP - l_s) have been reported as exceptional occurances throughout recorded history, using the language of the times." - Executive Summary, Introduction, para 11

Other than the fact that there apears to be "Hot Spots" for UAP sightings UFO/UAP sightings are and have been reported almost everywhere that people live or travel on Earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
You have some good points!
Mexico is a hotspot for UFO sightings, as you know Mexico is grossly under-developed compared to European countrys.
UK and US though usually come up with some form of BS regarding the UFO phenomenom.

Right, Mexico is a UFO hotspot due to its proximity to the US who are manufacturing UFOs who unleash these crafts into Mexican skies because it's a guarantee that most Mexicans will attribute those crafts as flown by aliens from other worlds. By doing it this way, it helps to perpetuate the myth to the rest of the world, especially those country's we are enemies with, that such crafts are of ET origin. It's all propaganda folks and nothing more than the perpetuation of a lie.

It's a lie because we do have such technology to build such crafts and those who are building them are a good 2 centuries ahead of mainstream technology and science. It's like comparing the technology we had back in the 19th century to the technology we have today. That's how big a difference it is and maybe even more. So as inexplicable as this may sound, there are those who are living on this planet who are already producing the technology of the future... a future that won't hit mainstream until the 23th century.

So why aren't Croatians seeing as many UFOs as say... Mexicans in Mexico? It's because Mexico is closer to the US and it's got a large uneducated population who are guaranteed to interpret those aircrafts as extraterrestrial. This is exactly how those in this covert group want their crafts to be seen as.

And those in the media i.e. Maussan -- and those who write books on UFOs and ET's also perpetuate this lie because they know the public is going to gobble their books on that up like candy. Whereas most educated Americans believe that UFOs are advanced aircrafts created by covert agencies., especially those of us who have seen those crafts close enough to say with certainty that they are indeed man-made, there are still many Americans and others all over the world who are just as gullible as illiterate Mexicans who believe those crafts are flown by aliens.

That's how forums such as this one, and I'm talking about this UFO and Alien sub-forum here, flourish on the internet where such forums, like all of those books out there on UFO's and ET's are helping to perpetuate this lie too.

IMHO, the UFO part of this sub-forum belongs in the Experimental Aircraft sub-forum here and the Alien part mostly belongs in the Paranormal Studies forum here (and the ancient civilzations and mythology forums too) but not all of it. Another forum should be created called Gov't Mind Control Projects to cover the rest of that category and even an ET Contactee forum would be good too -- but at least, unlike most alternative topic forums, ATS has other forums within it where one will find the truth if this is what they are searching for.

Rest assured, the UFO book industry is heavily invested in the UFO myth and it's propaganda of falsehoods and lies. Many top Ufologists are gov't disinformation agents and I wouldn't be surprised if some UFO forums on the net are also controlled by dis-information people who also will inject their 'born again'/Fundamentalist/Evangelistic Christianity in clever and even subliminal ways in the material that's shown in their forums or websites. The rumor circulating for many who are searching for the truth is that many dis-information agents are in that group.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I think a small country is our saving grace, frankly, in terms of Disclosure.......... All it takes is one Croatia to say, "I'm telling!" to let the cat out of the bag.....

yeah, i was thinking that too, but the thing is, its not that simple.

a country like mine has a lot to loose if it decides to go against the "big ones".

in this case, membership in the europan union and nato. we had to give up more important things than this because "they" told us to. so, i really doubt that any small country will play an important part in disclosure.

on the other hand, IF a big ufo event happened here, there would really be no way to cover it up, since we do not have government controlled media and all kinds of acronim agencies that would do their best to silence possible witnesses.

for example, the ufo that i saw, along with lots of other people, 9 years ago, made it to the front page of the most read newspaper in the country, and there really WAS an investigation about it, people talked to air traffic controllers, the police and the army.

the situation is kinda complicated, as far as these things are concerned...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
and, by the way, here is the link to the most recent ufo sighting in croatia

a retired policeman saw a craft while he was taking his daughter and wife to the hospital. he went outside for a second, and saw this object fly over him. he made these drawings (link provided) for the media the next day.

now, the thing is that these people are not looking for media attention in any way, because its not a common thing here. this sighting is really credible, given the fact that the person decided to report it, despite the ridicule and disbelief that he would be exposed to. and that is not a common practice in croatia, people tend to keep things to themselves if they think it will make people laugh at them...

so, if somebody decides to go public, it means that he really saw something unexplainable... hes not going to write a book later, or have a tv show, or something like that...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider2007
Marco Polo, he was croatian, and so was Tesla

First off, Tesla was Serbian not Croatian. There are many articles referring to this on the net.

As to your post, I think if you take away the 99.9% of false/explainable sightings out of the reckoning and leave the 0.1% of those that have merit, then the spread might be a bit fairer.

IMO I think the possibly genuine Alien craft might still be more likely seen in areas of what may be of more interest to Aliens, Eg War zones, High tech air bases and testing areas etc. I think maybe a possible new hotspot may be China in the near future as the economy takes off.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
And those in the media i.e. Maussan -- and those who write books on UFOs and ET's also perpetuate this lie because they know the public is going to gobble their books on that up like candy.

I agree with this assessment.

Whereas most educated Americans believe that UFOs are advanced aircrafts created by covert agencies., especially those of us who have seen those crafts close enough to say with certainty that they are indeed man-made, there are still many Americans and others all over the world who are just as gullible as illiterate Mexicans who believe those crafts are flown by aliens.

However, I cannot agree with this one.

'Most educated Americans believe that UFOs are advanced aircrafts created by covert agencies'?

I've seen the polls and numbers of those 'X% of the American people believe UFOs are real' and so on, but I've never seen any numbers regarding Americans believing UFOs are advanced secretly developed aircraft.

Would you care to substantiate this claim? Thank you.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Each type of UFO sighting has certain favorable environments which lead to trends.

First, let us discuss real UFOs, operating momentarily on the assumption that such a thing could exist.

An alien race wishing to observe Earth would probably have its traffic on this planet concentrated depending on what they were here for.

If they wanted a base here, they would probably look for stability in government.
This makes so-called "first world nations" preferable, because they are less subject to extreme changes or civil unrest which might compromise a base.

If they just wanted to have a look at how we live and what our future might be, they'd look at the places having the most obvious signs of civilization, and which have pronounced features of importance to our future.
High emissions of radio and micro waves, high pollution, large, well lit ciities, and radiation would probably attract a lot of attention. Large, highly developed nations lead in many of those factors, but places like Mexico City would also draw attention.

Then again, if they didn't want to be noticed, they'd probably go for places that had very little development. For all we know, 90% of the UFO traffic may well be going completely unnoticed in less monitored airspace, being seen mostly by people who lack the media exposure to know what is or is not normal for a terrestrial aircraft or to suspect such a thing as UFOs.

Then there are misidentifications of objects that are actually seen. Populations with high media exposure would likely be more prone to this, so again it only makes sense that it is common in more developed nations, and moreso still around military bases where there are both more things to misidentify and perhaps more suggestion to the population that they are in a position to see a UFO.

Last but not least, there are intentional hoaxes. These may prove to be more widely distributed. A good hoax should be very difficult to prove false, so a hoaxer would want airspace that isnt as closely monitored, a rural area where there aren't too many people saying they didn't see anything when they were in a position that they should have. A foreign country is a helpful setting because a language barrier will explain why there are so few sources to be had.

It's really wierd if a guy from New York City produces a picture of a UFO that nobody else reported seeing, and there are no news reports, etc etc.

But if the same guy from New York City proliferates a hoaxed picture with a story saying that it was shot in Haiti or Costa Rica, or Shantytown, Nebraska, it's less problematic.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just to be a bit clearer on Teslas origin, read here:

www.freeinfosociety.com...

He was born in part of the then Austro-Hungarian Empire which is NOW part of Croatia. His father was a Serbain Orthodox Priest.

If you haven't read his Autobiography then you should do so as it's very interesting and in parts quite strange. He even mentions at some point his link with Aliens, although it's not exactly clear on the subject.

www.lucidcafe.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by st1234

Just to be a bit clearer on Teslas origin, read here:

www.freeinfosociety.com...

i really dont want to discuss Teslas origin with you, because thats not important for this subject.

the borders in this region were always questionable, and he was born serbian, but as he said, quote: “I am proud of my Serbian origin and my Croatian homeland.”

so anyway....

and if you really want, here is a link to www.teslasociety.com, which has photos of Teslas home in Smiljan, Croatia....

[edit on 11-8-2007 by nightsider2007]

KTK

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have often wondered about the lack of reports from smaller countries myself.

Im in Australia we are a big country with a small population, yet I dare say we have one of the highest rate of sightings per person.

At the end of the day the most logical conclusion to this is that most UFOs are black ops. Australia is the bastard child of both the Brittish and American secret governments. It fits in nicely with Palasheeas Mexican sightings theories.

At least the media in Croatia report on such things, this is a good thing. We never see anything about UFOs in Australian media.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
It's a lie because we do have such technology to build such crafts and those who are building them are a good 2 centuries ahead of mainstream technology and science. It's like comparing the technology we had back in the 19th century to the technology we have today. That's how big a difference it is and maybe even more. So as inexplicable as this may sound, there are those who are living on this planet who are already producing the technology of the future... a future that won't hit mainstream until the 23th century.

Proof? Evidence? Anything at all, Palasheea, or are you making this up as you go along?

I personally haven't seen anything from the 23rd century around me, nor do I know of anyone else who has 23rd century technology. Granted, I don't have a wide sphere of influence, but still, it must be a great snow-job in action to conceal it all from the vast majority of the entire planet.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
As I read The Vagabond's post, I saw myself agreeing with him on every aspect. I then proceeded to try and derive a new angle that mabye he didn't cover so that I may expound upon his knowledge......It's been five minutes now and nothing. So Yep, that about covers it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It's always so funny, these aliens can travel possibly lightyears across the universe by whatever means, and when they get here they have to actually go down to the surface to scan/observe? I would be mad at my spaceship engineers for such bad scanning tech. Personally, I think people will see what they want depending on ingrained beliefs. If I see a ship/aircraft even if its "alien" looking one, the goverment or some millitary tech would pop into my head....while others who want to feel less alone(for whatever reason) will see people from another planet...and still others who see a craft, and dont know what it is. I'm not so sure a farmer in some moutain village would have the vocabulary to describe some of our current war machines, to him its "alien" because he really doesnt "know". Does that make his "alien ship" any more credible?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join