It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Google ad I clicked.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was doing my civic ATS duty and clicking a Google ad to the right of the screen, and I saw this site come up.

www.dokomedia.com...

It was talking about the Bible code thing, which I sort of see as interesting..but hard to verify. Anyway. I got halfway down the page and saw this quote

These are some of the near-future events which Noah has
already revealed through his Bible Code interpretations:

2004: Beginning of the 7-year "Tribulation Period"
heralded by a catastrophic event occurring around July 4th

2005: Increased chaos, turbulent weather

2006: Major earthquake in Los Angeles

2011: Asteroids hit Russia and the U.S. causing pole shifts;
beginning of the "Armageddon" war

According to Noah's calculations, four billion lives will be lost during the "Tribulation Period". The Great War, he explains, will pit a 10-nation
Middle Eastern-Asian alliance against the United Nations.

Now, I don't know about you, but...Has any of you heard about these "predicted" dates?

[Edited on 1-14-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The events are valid and the timelines close but notice they are nearly year spans too.

I would watch the July event most carefully for verification though.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm aware of the events, but as for the dates, I don't buy them. Mainly because Jesus said those times would come like a thief in the night, the time would not be known. If the time has been known for thousands of years, Jesus would have been lying, and I don't believe he was. I'll say more in a little bit (eating
) if you're interested.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, considering I read alot about the 2012 thing I can't believe I never did the math about 2004 starting the 7 year tribulation period (2005-2011). I mean sure, I've heard of those. And it is a re-election year.

Does that mean the 'false peace' or anti-christ comes with the 2012 election? I thought the Rapture came before all of it. Oh well, long as I'm still here... you people have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That actually does ring a bell... I was scrolling through the posts on this very forum, and I *think* I read something about a disaster coming in 5 years, and well, that's pretty close to the dates predicted.... It's pretty interesting that the prediction for 2004 is on the fourth of July, which is a holiday that celebrates American Independance... Possibly it involves America?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I just realized I put this thread in the wrong place. Sorry mods. Feel free to move it to an appropriate location.

I recognize the 2011/2012 date, but the others didn't look familiar. I was just surprised they put down any specific dates. They are just selling software !! Why would they want to step out on a limb like that?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If the Bible code is correct why'd they have to shoot out a 2nd revised edition the first one was correct wasn't it? I don't know maybe the 3rd edition will answer my questions, lol. No offense to the believers but seriously think about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You can't seriously believe that guy.

Noah doesn't mean Noah like Noah's Ark, it means some guy who wants to sound like a religious authority, so he uses the SN of 'Noah'.

The 'predictions' found in the 'bible code' are really just whatever the guy can pull out of his ass that will interest people. To those who disbelieve he'll say 'it's in the bible code, me and my team have deciphered it, and for someone as closed-minded as you, and as unskilled, you could never see it.'

Really folks, we're trying to deny the ignorance here, not rampantly spread it across the world by giving a random bible prediction of the world's end starting this year a good name and credibility.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There was a great speicel on the bibal code on the history channel. They had the discoverers of the code interviewed.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The English Language is so versatile that you can make almost any prediction that you want. I don't believe the Bible Code is real.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I'm aware of the events, but as for the dates, I don't buy them. Mainly because Jesus said those times would come like a thief in the night, the time would not be known. If the time has been known for thousands of years, Jesus would have been lying, and I don't believe he was.

Yeah I sure hope Jesus wasn't lying. I forgot how this went either way but which do you believe junglejake: post trib or pre trib? I think we are pre trib cause of the imminent return of Jesus, we'd kind of see it coming with all the revelation tribulation stuff going on!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i watched that bible code thing on history ur talking about and they said war and peace gave a prediction of dianas death so that just shows u that the code is not that accurate

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Remember that game sometimes the teachers would make you do in early grades of school to demonstrate how games change? Someone makes a statement, and passes it along to the next person in the class by whispering, and by the end of the class it turns out to be a completely different statement. Well that�s what I think of the bible, no matter how accurate it may be, I don�t trust any book that was passed around for thousands of years and was just written by normal religious people, not like Jesus himself wrote it even if he existed in the first place. Well that's my 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

join