It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Silvery Object Over Florida.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I've seen a similar silvery blob on Google Earth, I don't remember where, but here's one over Florida. Can someone throw some light on this? Where exactly is it? Is it some sort of a dome? Or is it a glitch of some kind? Or a UFO?

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Looks like a big water tank. I don't think this is a UFO but I could be
wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I know this has been discussed here before, but I don't remember if there was ever a satisfactory explanation. I know it kind of looks like a water tower, but I don't think that's possible, it'd have to absolutely gigantic and cover like 5 homes!

[edit on 8/11/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Ya, I think there at one time was another photo on Google, with the satellites. I am not sure anymore, but I think it was a kind of glare off of the lens. I am attempting to remember if it was the same picture or not since it is similar, but right now I can not remember, and that was quite a few months back now. Is that a current picture or is that just a picture that comes up within that area anytime it is looked at?
I think it is the same picture, and I think no mention of it being a UFO was stated at the time.

The other picture was quite a bigger image but again I think it had something to do with the satellite photographing the area.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmoebaSized
Is that a current picture or is that just a picture that comes up within that area anytime it is looked at?

That's what I wanted to know. Can anyone get another pic of this area on Google Earth to check out if the same 'object' is visible? If not, then we've got a UFO here!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A hot air or a weather balloon maybe? looks out of focus and blurry which would be so if the balloon was way higher than the ground and out of focus. Yeah I know the weather balloon sounds funky reason but in here it might actually be the case. Ofcourse feel free to disagree...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
We don't have a lot of hot air balloons around anymore. I used to see them all the time as a kid, I haven't saw one in years. It is plausible.

It isn't a water tower, the supports would be inside of the houses!

I would say a mercury droplet before water ... the satellite is in space

There are a lot of interesting finds in GEarth, and some obvious cover ups (Cheney's 'house').

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The water was on the right side of the picture before when looking at it last year, and I am almost sure that is how long ago it was. Everytime someone brings up that area, it shows the same picture.

All I can suggest is that someone would have to have experts take a look at the picture and do all that stuff they did about the the UO case of the Trents back, back in May, June 1950.

That may be Dr. Macabbee

brumac.8k.com...

and the University of Colorado, I guess. Well, that MUFON meeting is going on this weekend, so perhaps they all are in Denver right now through Sunday at the MUFON meeting.

MUFON is:
www.mufon.com...
and as I found out not *.org
But the symposium (spelling) is there that can be looked via a link on the home page and who will be speaking there. But Dr. Macabbee, I don't think will be speaking. It was late this morning when looking through this site a little:

ufologie.net...

But again even in the Bluebook files there, they seem not to weed out all the bad ones, and cite really good cases. I mean this same stuff was going on 50 years ago as a debate about lights and other things people were seeing, all without the Internet.

My, how did they do it?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I should think its a glitch of some sort. Wasn't there a giant bug in germany on google earth too? It seems the technology is quite prone to errors/jokes some times...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am almost positive that Google put it there. Whether it was a glitch in the data or a lawsuit from people who's homes they decided that they did not want to be in a satellite image of Google Map's, I am almost certain that Google has the answer.

Afterall, I think it was mentioned that it would be too low, and too big to be anything connected to a UFO covering the area which it does.

But still, I am guessing and thinking it was some sort of lawsuit that people in that area decided not to be on a Google map. I may be wrong, but it probably would help to contact google on that image.

Something like that above, but not a UFO.
All Goggle is doing is taking satellite images and making them public in a sense, and that is why that may have happened (the lawsuit scenario.)

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmoebaSized

Afterall, I think it was mentioned that it would be too low, and too big to be anything connected to a UFO covering the area which it does.

Lol!! You haven't seen 'Independence Day' then!!
Those darn things were miles wide!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Mikesingh, do you have the cordinates? If so, post them so we may take alook.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus

Sorry Corbin, ain't successful so far. But I guess zooming into Florida and checking out that area along the coast may throw up something. Frankly, I don't have the time to study the target area! But those familiar with that portion of Florida, can possible throw some light on this!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I work with weather balloons and it sure looks similar to on but to be sure i think that we would have to sort of find the elevation of the object. Personally i think its a glitch of some sort with the satelite software

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Oh by the way, has anyone seen these pics before

www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

They seem to good to be true in my opinion but apparently the pictures were taken by 4 seperate people who didnt know each other

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If I were to guess an area, I would say Miami. The look and shape. I believe there may be a channel, next to water which is not the beach, but near it. If you played Vice City, you know what I mean. I have scoped Miami before on GE, but it has been a while. Most of our east coast has that kind of style though.

If it was a glitch, or a droplet on the camera, it would be repetitive. I do believe these are compilations of satellite and plane photos, correct?

Hope someone finds it ... I may run GE a bit later. I need to check for updates as well, it has been a while.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
We don't have balloons nor water-tanks this size here. Where in Earth-Google is this.. do you have the coordinates? By the way, it does looks like Miami but I've seen Tampa, Orlando and many of the upper coastal areas with the same waterways, Ft Lauderdale comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus

Gotcha! Here it is....

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Oh by the way, has anyone seen these pics before

www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

They seem to good to be true in my opinion but apparently the pictures were taken by 4 seperate people who didnt know each other

Yeah! Check out this thread here....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Looks like a baloon to me, notice the lighting is consistent with the shadows on the ground, so appears to be solid. My money is on a baloon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join