It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in North Dallas suburbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There is a light in the sky that is strobing red white and green. At first I just assumed that it was a plane, but is strobing way to fast to be a plane. Anyone else in the North Dallas suburb area between McKinney and Denton able to see it? It appears to be at maybe 5k feet. But its very hard to judge at night and at this distance. If I had to guess, I would say its just north of Frisco.

I took a look with rather low quality binoculars, and don't have a camera that could capture it well, but I will try.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by TheStarMan]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Another odd thing is that my wife and I just saw shooting stars in almost the exact same area. We are kinda intrigued now and are going to try and chase after it in the car and get a better look, its just sitting there static.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I hope your car is capable of traveling many, many, multiples of the speed of light, then!

You're going to be a long time chasing down a star.

At this time two of the three brightest stars visible in the Northern Hemisphere are visible from Dallas.

Arcturus, the brighter one, matches the flashing colors description and has been mistaken for a UFO here on ATS before. Vega is higher in the sky.

Where exactly in the sky is the light located?

[edit on 8/11/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
At first it was in the Northwestern sky, out over probably Frisco. As we headed west on RT 380, it started to move in a northeasternly direction. We were never able to actually catch up with it. We figured when we got home it would probably be in the same place, but it's not, it's now sitting in a Northeastern direction relative to the same spot that we saw it in the northwestern sky.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am trying to take pictures, but my lense simply will not pick it up. I hope someone else can take a look, cause it's certainly out there. I guess it could just be that star and be related to the earths rotation, but it seems like a lot of movement in a limited amount of time.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This is pretty much what we saw.

mysticaluniverse.com...

Reported By: Trey H. - Austin, Texas - October 30, 2005
Subject: UFO Sighting - Location: Austin, Texas - Date: October 15 and 16, 2005 - Zip Code: 78753 - County Sighting Took Place: Travis - Time: 2:30 AM - Witnesses: 2 - Number of Objects: 2 - Object's Shape: "Unknown" - Object had lights - Object emitted beams of light - Object changed colors - Object hovered - Additional Information: Eastern sky East of Austin -
Event Description:
On 10/15/05 my Daughter and I were outside looking at stars at about 1:00 AM.

We noticed something in the night sky which was flashing Red and Green lights. We thought it was an airplane so we paid it no mind. about 10 minutes later, it was still there.

I went in and got a small pair of binoculars and we looked at it. When we did it went dark. In about 30 seconds, it was extremely bright and we could see white, green, red and blue lights all flashing. The object didn't move for over an hour.

We went inside for a few minutes and when we came back out, we saw two of them probably 10-20 miles apart flashing their lights in sequence. We watched them for about 20-30 minutes, just hovering. They were probably 20-30 miles from us so we never got a close up view of their shape.

On 10/16/05 I went outside about 2:30 AM and saw the same object further this time, but still flashing colorful lights.

UFO? I dunno, but awfully strange and interesting. Hopefully I will get a better view in the next few days.

edit:

we just found another that looks similar but further in the distance in the northern sky.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The movement to the east is definitely consistent with a star.

Here's an animation of stars brighter than magnitude 1.5 visible from Dallas between 12:00am and 2:30am. I got the star chart from yoursky.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It may be, but the movement seemed much more extreme than that. I will have to observe tonight and see if the same thing happens. THanks a lot for your help.

new topics

top topics

join