It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A shell looking object on Mars. More proof of life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is an interesting object I found on the ground on Mars. It looks like a shell to some possible kind of ancient ocean dweller, possibly.

Original image from NASA

I really would like to get every ones opinions on this please.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It...looks like a rock. No, really, a rock. I'm all for life on mars/ruins on mars/etc, but it looks like a rock

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari

Are you really interested in hearing my opinion that you have an over-active imagination, that it looks pretty much like a rock, and there's no indication that it could have in any way been associated with a living thing? Or do you want me to congratulate you on your monumental and historic find of undeniable proof of Martian life?

Which would you prefer?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Can you please specify on where in the picture? Personally, they do all look like rocks to me. Last time I checked, shells are usually much more complex in design, they have more order and reason then those randomly shaped (rocks)?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask
Last time I checked, shells are usually much more complex in design, they have more order and reason then those randomly shaped (rocks)?

This is what I am talking about. It looks like a curled up shell. If you have the ability to zoom in on it then you will see ridges along the top of the opject.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

Are you really interested in hearing my opinion that you have an over-active imagination, that it looks pretty much like a rock, and there's no indication that it could have in any way been associated with a living thing? Or do you want me to congratulate you on your monumental and historic find of undeniable proof of Martian life?

Which would you prefer?

I believe Stari was asking your opinion on the Image.
Just the image..hint, hint..

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I guess it does look a bit like this coral. But then if there was something similar to coral on mars it probably would look alot different.

fficial%26sa%3DN' style='width: 100%;'>

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Lecter]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask
Last time I checked, shells are usually much more complex in design...

(Insert above pic of red circled possible shell here)

This is what I am talking about. It looks like a curled up shell. If you have the ability to zoom in on it then you will see ridges along the top of the opject.

Ah, now I see it. Too bad that picture really isn't clear enough to be sure. It could be a rock or a shell, it is near impossible to tell.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by halfmask]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

This is an interesting object I found on the ground on Mars

Since when have you been to mars?

Im afraid if your looking for life in outer space, staring at photographs isn't the way to do it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Im afraid if your looking for life in outer space, staring at photographs isn't the way to do it.

since we arnt sopose to go to mars until 2016 we can start with photographs

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Thats a picture from the same day and area and there seems to be more of those similar objects. Unless the place is filled with those shells as the dark object on that image looks alot like the one on yours except the one in your picture seems like it has been cut it half by the rover wheel. Ofcourse I wouldnt expect a rock to snap in half from the rover running over it might indeed be something than just your average rock. Ofcourse volcanic rock can be quite fragile and easily cut in half but in any event it does look interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have been searching the internet for seashells that look like the object on the ground on Mars, no luck so far. I am a total believer that life on other planets will not look like life on this planet. I will keep searching though.

And to answer the question if I have ever been to Mars. No, I would love to go though but no I have never visited the red planet. I am an earthling

The only way for us to investigate what is on the planets in our own solar system is too send the probes and study the images that they send back to us. Hopefully without NASA editing or even not letting us see the images that shows us there is life on the red planet or flying in space.

I believe though that sometimes NASA let's an image or two get past them and they don't see what is in the image and they post it. It's up to us to find them.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join