It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush War Adviser Says Draft Worth a Look

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
. Point being if every adult in the US picked up there phone can called there representative to tell them to pull out and continued doing so you might see some change.

Oh, I'm sorry, but all those phones are busy voting for American Idol or Hell's Kitchen contestants. Better luck next time. Oh, wait, there won't be a next time. Well, enjoy the draft America.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
If I was to be really conspiratorial, I would say that a draft/conscription would also provide a convenient opportunity to 'tag' or 'implant' a very large part of the population.

Yes, correct!

U.S. wants to create implantable biochip

CLEMSON, S.C., July 30 (UPI) -- The U.S. Department of Defense awarded Clemson University a $1.6 million contract for implantable biochip research.

The award given the university's Center for Bioelectronics, Biosensors and Biochips is for an implantable biochip that can relay vital health information if a soldier is wounded in battle or a civilian is hurt in an accident.

And it probably wont matter if you're going into the service
or if you have "declined", a national conscription sounds like
the perfect opportunity to bio-chip as many people as possible.

Ya know... Conscription, those Halliburton detention camps, biochip-
implants, the goal of a North American Union.. I can see all those
agendas coming to fruition after the next "9-11". They're just begging
for another catalyzing event. This all just reminds me of PNAC's goals,
and most of us know how they achieved them.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
floating the notion of a new Draft system is just that...just talk.

that National Service thing might make into policy, Law...

the make up of the 21st century armed forces is going to change the need for a very large body of troops on the scene.
the old model of Army was built on massive 'Divisions', with short training
and expected rotations in the time frame of 'Years'
the new Army model is based on Brigade sized 'modular' units
with 2 year training periods, and ~12 month rotations.

the only sure way to attract qualified recruits, is through the voluntary enlistment method.
(although, as home foreclosures increase, there may be a lot more sign-ups...when a family home forclosure might be delayed because a family member has volunteered for military duty, say a 6 year stint plus the sign-up bonus)

The fed 'allowed' the sub-prime mortgages to become a large factor
in the average Americans economic-profile, and allowed the 'easy' credit
from equity borrowing on the over-priced homes that couldn't be afforded...(just look at the FHA/VA guidelines & income requirements required for those of us old enough to have been eligible for loans)

all those guidelines & % of income rules were thrown out the window since the start of the boom back in the '80s...when the Fed relaxed money supplies
so as to inject huge sums of cash into the Credit-Consumerism monster they nourished & fed to a obesely mutated economic beast...
because down the road, the puppet-masters, central-bankers, knew that
the illusion of wealth, family home, upward lifestyle would come down to the masses having to sell-their-soul, to maintain that illusion.

...and here we are today, the threshold of military enlistment so the family can stretch out a few more years of living their version of the 'American Dream'

I recall Rangle saying America should reinstitute an actual Draft back in Y2K, and chatter even before then...

just another set of crowd control & crowd deception ploys being foisted on the masses...
and each time we evade the dire nature of a Draft, we feel relieved....
and let our guards down,

[edit on 11-8-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
When this guy www.youtube.com...
is drafted, then I realy believe that the draft is not rigged.
And in the first round, the USMC selects.... Pierce Bush from The ranches of Texas...=D

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I garantee that if there is a draft for this current war, you will see an uprising from the U.S. population that has never been seen. People actually agreed with the Vietnam war and there was still a huge Hippie backlash. Now you have about 60-80% of the population believing this to be a horrible war to begin with. Good luck getting people to actually report for duty. What are they gonna do, arrest everyone? Who is going to do the arresting? There already oversea's fighting. If the Draft happens then look for a civil war to brew. my 2 pennies.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
About time.....Most nations have mandatory service to their nation, ours needs the same, women who are "equal" should be drafted as well. We have hundreds thousands of young people running the streets with nothing to do, with as much in our prisons who have no direction in life but crime. We have more of our young people in our prisons than all the prisons combined in the whole world.
Most will make wonderful soldiers, they will have a better sense of themselves and make better lives for themselves and community. We are going to need more soldiers in the future, we have two who signed up this year, for those who are scared of being drafted or use an excuse like we don't agree with policies...Canada is still an open country, best get your passports soon.
Time to put the games away...reality is coming to America.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You don't know what a Military man is.........He's there to defend this country at any cost, he will always be for a draft, more soldiers, his kids and your kids side by side.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I think Mel does have the main point right. I think if the draft happens it will be what ends U.S. involvement in the war faster then anything thing else. Once all the rich people start having there kids getting killed in the war, I think things will change in DC must faster then it usually does.

You must be joking! If I recall correctly, it was their money that kept the rich kids OUT of the Vietnam War. What on Earth makes you think it will be any different this time around?

More likely it will be the ghetto kids again that end up playing in that s*it-hole of a sand box. I guarantee it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I garantee that if there is a draft for this current war, you will see an uprising from the U.S. population that has never been seen. People actually agreed with the Vietnam war and there was still a huge Hippie backlash. Now you have about 60-80% of the population believing this to be a horrible war to begin with. Good luck getting people to actually report for duty. What are they gonna do, arrest everyone? Who is going to do the arresting? There already oversea's fighting. If the Draft happens then look for a civil war to brew. my 2 pennies.

On the contrary, they WILL arrest those who refuse to go, and any assisting them. Your country has built more than a few concentration style camps within its' borders, so they have the place to dump them. You are not paranoid, they will be out to get you!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic

Originally posted by kleverone

On the contrary, they WILL arrest those who refuse to go, and any assisting them. Your country has built more than a few concentration style camps within its' borders, so they have the place to dump them. You are not paranoid, they will be out to get you!

Who exactly is they? Kleverone is correct in that if the 60-80% of people that are against the way start to be arrested, the entire populous will go berzerk. Civel war would be inevitable. And exactly who is THEY, that will be doing the arresting? All of the volunteers? Arent they all over getting blown up with IED's in Iraqistan?

It seems as though there might be some difficulty in arresting every consciencious objector. Wouldnt that just turn into the exact same thing they are doing in Iraq, but over here instead? We would have squads of private military contractors busting down our doors to see if we are eluding them, or know of anyone that is eluding them.

This would more or less be like what the NAZI's did in the holocaust, but replace the jews with men and the NAZI's with the NWO goons.

Sounds like a revolution to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Rep. Charles Rangel, thinks this will stop making IRAQ a lower class war.

He is playing right into the hands of the Nazis.

Anyone think Joe Kennedy Jr was on his way to a hiding zone by
Switzerland but got shot down cause they didn't want him there.

Well that is so much about the moneyed class getting out of the draft.

Ed: Yeah the volunteer army put a cramp in their style, not too
many volunteers now.

[edit on 8/11/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You guys do realize that almost every nation had the draft up until within the last decade and the last time I checked quite a few still do, including more then a few of the so called "enlightened" European nations.

Take Russia for example, they have the draft and they are fighting wars left and right. Same with African, Middle Eastern and Asian nations. Its no deterrence.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's interesting to me to see just how many ATS members are older than draft age. I take some heart in that, too. Glad to be hanging out with all you wise people.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You know, I'm a mellow guy when it comes to this stuff usually. There are only very narrow circumstances where I beleive that violent revolution is acceptable. I don't think we have a moral right to attempt by force of arms what we could but continuously fail to do at the polls.

But if they think they're gonna threaten members of my family with arrest unless they go fight an unconstitutional war, they've got another thing coming. Herr Bush had better get himself a declaration of war to replace the unconstitutional open-ended, inspecific delegation of congressional power. If he can do that, very well, it was done the democratic way and I'm not entitled to fight- I've either gotta follow the law or renounce my citizenship and leave.

But if he's doing it illegally, and enforcing it by violence, I see no moral obstacle to violent resistance. I don't think it would be very difficult to popularize that view either. The last time we had a draft controversy, our memory was of WWII, Korea, and the peace time draft. This time our memory is of Vietnam. There will be no "silent majority". There will be a very vocal, very angry majority.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think there should be a draft. And the offspring of those who voted Republican in the last two elections should be candidates...and maybe the voters themselves, too.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I can't believe that some democrats support the re-instatement of the draft. I was always of the opinion that they were at least a little better than the Republicans.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Fuggle, i've often heard similar opinions expressed, and the root of the argument often seems to be that a person does not have the right to support a war unless they are going to fight it themselves.

While this does appeal to a fundamental sense of fairness, it simply is not a workable system. The logical end of such a system is that the military gains nearly exclusive control over foreign policy, and that the citizenship of those who do not fight is devalued.

I believe it was Rommel who said that if we judged men by their quality as soldiers, we would have no civilization. As a German who died for plotting against Hitler, he was in a unique position to comment on this matter. He had a first hand look at a society where by the decree of the state, mechanization and warfare and death were emphasized over humanity, even in art.

A person who voted for Bush last time out was definately wrong in my view, but they are entitled to their vote regardless of whether or not they can or will fight. As Americans, they are entitled to a say on how this country can best ensure its wellbeing because they have a stake in this country's survival.
I believe they got it wrong, but they had the right to a vote.

What's next? If you vote for a candidate who is strong on education, you have to become a teacher?

Or what about the other side of the coin? If you suggest that Bush supporters should be the one's drafted, by implication you seem to suggest that those who voted against him shouldn't be drafted.

So should I be exempt from tax increases if I voted against the politicians who supported it?

It doesn't work that way. This is one country, with one body of laws, and one government. We're not going to say "Ok, your side is for the unconstitutional abuse of the power to declare war, so you guys can be drafted to go fight it." We're either gonna do it legally and all be equally subject or we're not gonna do it at all and nobody is gonna be subject to it, because we're all in the same boat, regardless of what our position in it might be.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is stupid. Its like saying to put out a fire you throw gasoline on it. Even if the draft was brought back you would never see the children of congress / government or any so called elitist's going to war.
They would get out of it whilst you had you legs and arms blown of , and the sad thing is you would all suck it up and roll over.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
Awesome.

I cant wait to be blown up by some fanatic coward with a cellphone. At least my family will be at peace knowing I died for furor Cheney.

You think my asthma will save me? The marines were willing to turn a blind eye last time I talked to them, so I guess it's not looking to good for me.

It might dude, but it will save me from going in because i'm schizophrenic. It's a blessing in disguise. But it would be lonely though, when all i peers are come back home and half have died in the war.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by samnx2
with as much in our prisons who have no direction in life but crime. We have more of our young people in our prisons than all the prisons combined in the whole world.

That's because we make things crimes that should'nt be crimes and use unfair sentencing.

Most will make wonderful soldiers, they will have a better sense of themselves and make better lives for themselves and community.

Most will fight back, and some, like myself will kill anyone who would dare try to force me to fight in a war we don't believe in.

We are going to need more soldiers in the future,

Why's that, because neocon fools like yourself want to go and invade more countries.
We should need LESS soldiers in the future.

For those who are scared of being drafted or use an excuse like we don't agree with policies...Canada is still an open country, best get your passports soon.

Why the hell should I go to Canada when I can save America from idiots like you. Not that I don't like Canada.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join