It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Accused of Murdering Bigamist Husband

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Muslim Woman Accused of Murdering Bigamist Husband

www.foxnews.com

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — A woman killed her longtime husband hours before he was to leave on a trip to Morocco to try to impregnate his new second wife, prosecutors said in murder charges filed Thursday.

Myra Morton, 47, turned herself in Thursday to face murder and related charges in the death of Jereleigh Morton, 47, who was shot in his bed early Sunday morning in his million-dollar home outside Philadelphia.

The killing happened just hours before Jereleigh Morton was to travel to Africa...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Well I can't really blame her, with her husband making her dress like this and then he still goes off to marry another woman.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Well I can't really blame her, with her husband making her dress like this and then he still goes off to marry another woman.

Wow, you really say odd things.
Murder is not good in ANY way. Who said he wanted her to dress like that, maybe it was her choice, you dont know, why is she still wearing it? Why does she even care to wear it, its such a petty thing compared to murder.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sorry, no sympathy from me.

She should have just divorced him. No excuse to kill the man, seeing as she is obviously a devout Muslim, she must also accept that polygamy is common place. To actually get to the point where her husband has actually married another woman without complaint is utterly submissive.

She had other avenues to explore. Divorce is perfectly acceptable in Islam.

I'm sorry, but I don't fully accept that women roll over completely in Islam. My own experience of Muslims shows that many women just allow it to take place. Conversely, I have seen many Muslim women who do stand up and have a voice, and their husbands respect them for it.

Sadly, some women, for a multitude of reasons, are submissive to men. My own partner is constantly getting urged by me to stand up for herself and have an opinion, but past events and the like make her feel like she should just do as she is told and to make sure everyone is happy, even at the expense of her own happiness.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Divorce is perfectly acceptable in Islam.

Yes, if it's requested by the man.

Divorce is only rarely allowed to be initiated by women.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hmm, suppose it depends on the woman again. Whilst in an Islamic country, this may be the case, in a Western country, such as the USA or the UK, divorce is perfectly feasible. The women need to stand up for their rights, especially when they live in the West.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have to side with stumason here. he had tons of money and bigamy is illegal in the US (Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act 1862) so one would tend to think a divorce would have been in her best interest. I say that based on the articles statement
that he was shot in his bed early Sunday morning in his million-dollar home and they also had receieved an 8 million dollar medical settlement.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Yes, if it's requested by the man.

Divorce is only rarely allowed to be initiated by women.

en.wikipedia.org...

my sister devorced

and guess what it was my sister who told the prick to take a hike

also its most likley her choice to waer it or she would have stoped after murdering her husband.

woman should have just devorced

[edit on 10-8-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I have to side with stumason here.

You make it sound like a chore!

Originally posted by shots
he had tons of money and bigamy is illegal in the US (Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act 1862) so one would tend to think a divorce would have been in her best interest. I say that based on the articles statement
that he was shot in his bed early Sunday morning in his million-dollar home and they also had receieved an 8 million dollar medical settlement.

In the UK, i believe Muslims can legally have 2 wives, wasn't aware of the US law, for obvious reasons. So I assume Mormons cannot be Polygamists also?

As for the Money aspect, not only has she "sinned" and murdered here husband, against the teachings in Islam, but she has probably given up a sizable fortune as well.

Silly cow.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is certainly a switch from what I have usually heard, being honer killings. So this also makes me wonder a little bit, how often the husband gets killed in the Muslim controlled countries?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

So I assume Mormons cannot be Polygamists also?

Yes you are correct. The Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act 1862 was signed by Lincoln and it applies to all individuals in the US.

Source

new topics

top topics

join