It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colloidal Silver: Useful? Useless? Dangerous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This was inspired by a response to a post I made in another thread.

I personally have used colloidal silver (not IONIZED SILVER) for several years now as a result of a recurring eye infection I had.

Just to summarize that for you guys; I had eye infections in my right eye that kept popping up on me at least 7 times a year. They were to the point where I would blink and blood would drip from my eye. I saw numerous eye doctors and they all gave me the same allergy eye drops that were supposed to knock it out. They took about a week to "work" which is the same length of time it took me to naturally get over them. I had heard that CS was good for pink eye so I decided to try it (against the advice of the last doctor who laughed and told me it was crap). I put 3 drops in my eye and within a couple of hours the redness and pain were gone. The sensitivity to light was gone the next morning when I woke up.

Needless to say, I have used it for this purpose ever since and my infections never get past the beginning stages anymore.

Since then, I have also had success with the following problems.

Lung Infection (used as a nasal spray) that stuck with me for almost a year before trying the CS on it. After CS was gone in about a week. Had a chronic cough with loads of phlegm. Went through several doctor prescribed anti biotics including several Z packs with no success.

Abscessed teeth. Same as above, numerous treatments with penicillin and other antibiotics with no success. Pain ceased after 1 to 2 days of CS use on the affected tooth. Infection free after a couple of days.

Burns. Have used on a few of my burns and my family also has. Seems to clear up the burned area within a few days.

Cuts: Have used it on all my cuts since then and have yet to get an infection. Can't say for certain if the CS is the reason for this or just a good immune system.

Now, that being said, I do NOT use CS everyday. I only use it when I need it and even then I use it sparingly as minimal use seems to work just fine.

The main concern a lot of people have about CS is Argyria. This is a condition that causes your skin to turn blue/gray and is permanent.

I have known many people over the years and have yet to meet one who had a negative experience with real colloidal silver. As a matter of fact, I haven't even met one who had a problem with ionized silver.

The reason I'm posting this is to see what you guys have to say about the product.

I know that many of you think it's of the devil while some of you will also will also say it's the best thing that ever happened to them (as far as illness/infection goes).

I will continue to use this product as I have NEVER had a bad experience with it and have had MANY positive experiences. I have had so many problems knocked out while using it that I am a true believer.

However, I am very interested to what everyone has to say on the use of CS. Have any of you had any personal bad experiences? Any good ones?

What is your opinion on it?

Just as a note: I am NOT endorsing the use of CS. I am just stating my own controlled use of it and that it HAS (and continues to) worked for me. As with anything you put into your body, you should def. do your own research on the subject and find out for yourself if it's right for you.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
yes i also heard the this type of silver is good for us to wear it....i have a silver chain but how do i know if its this kind?and if its not is there a way to make it iodinized?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
yes i also heard the this type of silver is good for us to wear it....i have a silver chain but how do i know if its this kind?and if its not is there a way to make it iodinized?

I have heard about clothes that have silver particles in them being good for you , though I have no sources to rely on. Other than that I'm not sure about jewelry or anything.

Also, most people will say that Ionized silver is no good and you must use colloidal silver.

Really depends on who you ask I suppose, though I do know that most CS products you buy in Amerika are Ionized Silver and NOT Colloidal Silver.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Used topically, it's the bomb. That's why they slather it on you for burns, and why there's battle dressings with silver in them for when you have to leave it on for a few days and don't have time to treat the wound adequately. A silverlon wound packing and dressing will keep a wound from going funky for a week.

Also, it's great for impregnating into clothing (especially socks and underwear) because it keeps you from getting jungle rot.

I'm not so sure it's great taken orally, because it ends up complexed with proteins really quickly, and I don't think it's bacteriostatic then. But all the applications you said worked for you are topical, more or less.

new topics

top topics

join