It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices in your head... Random conversation made up by the mind?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
yeh i know what you mean, it gets annoying at night. I find it hard to switch off. Just out of interest.. do you visualise what you think as well as hear?

Here;s the cure: Get yourself a little walkman and tune into something good, or half way interesting. And i mean talk, not music.
This is what i do so i dont have to deal with unwelcome incoming thoughts which live in my head and will NOT go to sleep when i want to.

I'm serious, you will never be bothered by your own thoughts again.

Not if they are truly from your spirit world. I can "talk" to my Spirit Guide(s), my Guardian Angel(s), other spirits, trees (trees contain powerful spirits), etc.

I can plug in the old Ipod, crank it up to maximum and still hear my telepathic conversations over the music.

If you are just hearing so-called random "conversations" then it could be you are psychic or a human antennae for human thoughts. It's possible that when you are tired, your normal "defenses" are let down and these transmissions are received.

If you are hearing someone speaking to you directly, then you either have an entity that has invaded your "soul realm" or your Spirit Guides or soul group members may be trying to contact you. You might try making contact with them, as in talking to them in your mind. Questions to ask can range from "are you of the light or the dark?", "what is your name?", "Are you a Spirit Guide or Soul or Angel?", etc. Don't be afraid to ask for validation. Do NOT ask for proof!

I would also suggest that the recent increase in this phenomena is directly related to the Photo Belt and all the other things leading to 2012.

For those of you who actually want to hear voices in your head, I suggest the following three prayers, spoken daily, three times each:

"I ask to be clairaudio"

"I forgive myself for judging and resenting. I release myself from all of my judgments and resentments, as well as from all negative perceptions. With my breath, I share my spirit with all and return to peace and balance."

"I ask to be clothed in a robe of LIGHT made of Love, Wisdom and the Power of God, not only for my protection, but so that all who see it will be drawn to GOD and be healed"

On the other hand, be prepared to become John Edwards, as in helping souls cross over....

It is said that the closer we get to 2012, the quicker and easier it is to manifest thoughts (for good and bad).

If you consider yourself a "Lightworker", then I have seen the above prayers manifest in as little as 24 hours. The above prayers are basically you asking to be able to hear the spirit world, to share your spirit (i.e., you are opening up your soul realm to others), and you are asking spirits to be drawn to you [as God, the "I AM Presence"] for healing.

If you really want to speed things up, take part in an "Ascension Ceremony" and make these prayers a part of it.

And no, I don't think people that "hear" things in their head are crazy. However, from personal experience, I can see how people who do hear things in their head could go crazy, if they are not spiritually mature enough to deal with and/or handle the conversations and/or "visitors."

On the other hand, if you plan to stay around til 2012 or so, then you may not have the option to not be telepathic...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
sounds somewhat like schizophrenia to me.

It most commonly manifests as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking with significant social or occupational dysfunction.

Studies suggest that genetics, early environment, neurobiology, psychological and social processes are important contributory factors; some recreational and prescription drugs appear to cause or worsen symptoms. Current psychiatric research is focused on the role of neurobiology, but no single organic cause has been found. Due to the many possible combinations of symptoms, there is debate about whether the diagnosis represents a single disorder or a number of discrete syndromes.

A person diagnosed with schizophrenia may demonstrate disorganized and unusual thinking and speech, auditory hallucinations, and delusions.

However!

No one sign is diagnostic of schizophrenia, and all can occur in other medical and psychiatric conditions. The current classification of psychoses holds that symptoms need to have been present for at least one month in a period of at least six months of disturbed functioning. A schizophrenia-like psychosis of shorter duration is termed a schizophreniform disorder.

en.wikipedia.org...

hope that has helped a little bit, ill skim through the topic now to see if anyone else came up with anything

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It happens to me too, some people actually have told me I'm schizophrenic, but I dont' really care as it doesn't seem to affect my daily life. Sometimes I can't sleep because of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
fiftyfifty,
Finally I find someone who has the same problem as I do. I also see random images that do not relate to the conversations I hear. I had this problem for as long as I can remember. The difference between us is that this goes on constantly, but does get a lot more vivid when I'm tired.
I have social anxiety which I take paxcil for, and notice that the voices were gone, but I could still feel the pattern of them. I don't know if you understand what I mean by that? as most people don't. After awhile they did return again, even while still on paxcil, so at least I did get to experience what it was like not to have this background talk going on, and to be honest nothing really changed, my focus didn't improve or anything like that.
I am seeing a psychiatrist, who is trying to determine what this is. So I will update you on anything information I receive.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I read a book of psychology once that actually addressed what you are describing. It is perfectly normal as everyone has an internal dialogue which takes place virtually at all times. Rarely does anyone experience a completely calmed mind, empty and devoid of thought.

This phenomenon is known as "Chattering Mind"...and it has a great deal to do with personal advancement, self esteem and the whole lot. One can have a positive chatter or dialogue which takes place within ones mind, very positive and structured, always emphasizing good things and helping to boost ones own self esteem and self worth.

What tends to be a problem is the exact opposite...which is what most people experience..negative chatter. This is what many attribute to conscience or that voice in your mind which tells you what to do. Unfortunately this voice can be painfully negative and destructive...focusing on the negative aspects of life and constantly hilighting ones own faults and inadequacies.

This the base root of low self esteem, low self worth and an overall negative view of one's own self. "Im fat...Im ugly....I'll never pass this test...I'm not good enough to make the team" and so on and so on. In short it is the voice of self doubt.

The key is to manage and take control of your own inner dialogue because it is very important for stimulating growth and positive advancement in life. Just like in the real world you can choose to be a positive person or a negative one, each with it's own results. By training one's own inner dialogue to focus and relish on the positive aspects and good things in life it enables a person to gain ultimate confidence, to succeed in life.

It seems very complex and zen like, but truth be told it is very basic and simple. If you have a negative inner voice of despair and self doubt, change it. Tell it to shut the hell up...let it know it has no authority or control over you. Make a conscious decision to replace that mean negative voice with positive statements of positive reinforcement. At first you will have to consciously make an effort to do this, but after a short while your mind starts to pick it up on it's own.

Before long you have a positive mind, a positive outlook and no more negative chattering mind holding you back from being happy and successful

The human mind truly is a magnificent and complex organism

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Why may one not have the option not to be telepathic if one is to remain alive to 2012?...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeh I often get 'voices in my head' just before I go to sleep. They're often female, different pitched voices, sometimes loud, sometimes quiet.

As an experiment I try to get them to say what I want them to say, just to make sure that it is just my mind playing tricks rather than me picking up telepathic, radio, or even alien signals.

Sometimes I can, other times I can't. It's quite fun. Only lasts 20 seconds or so then I'll probably fall asleep or turn over and they'll stop.

I'm still working on them giving me the lotto numbers, but no luck so far...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Steel77]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i always hear weird conversations between a group of men when i'm alone.... they're all talking complete crap, using long words in the wrong format and it makes no sense.... it would be funny if it didn't freak me out so much.i've tried to understand what they're talking about but whenever i listen it stops or someone distracts me. it's so frustrating, especially when i tell a friend about it and they laugh and call me crazy :-l

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Its weird to see this thread today...last night as i was in bed ready to fall asleep....my dreams started, but then realised there was a conversation in the background...it was like tapping into a phone line..

Two distinct voices just talking about random unimportant things...It was then that i was jolted awake because it stopped me going into dreamland.

After that I tried sleeping again, but then heard multiple voices just talking to each other. I can say without a doubt that these werent higher beings from the nonsense they were talking lol.

I remember thinking to myself: I surely wouldnt think/imagine/dream mundane conversations like that. I was wondering wtf, where were they coming from...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
that exact same thing happens to me, whenever everything's quiet. and it's not crazy people voices, it's usually just something like "hector, you're fired!"(yes i actually heard that once) and just boring stuff like that. it's like a step away from actual talking, if you know what i mean?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I just love your topic, and this is something I have had happen to me also.

I cannot explain it, it is like dreaming while awake, yet not a daydream that you have control of.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

who are u this is me i am here. no one knows me

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

This is all perfectly normal, it is the deeper levels of the subconscious mind trying to bubble to the surface to your concious mind. It may be due to any one of a number of causes.

It could be guilt, or some type of inner voice trying to tell you, or warn you of something. Maybe some repressed memory of childhood, or a former incarnation.

It could be purely spiritual, your angel trying to tell you something. This is commonly known as conscience, but it can also manifest as dreams.

Or it could come from being hypnotized at some stage, and recalling conversations you have been told to not remember. Try to fathom the cause from your own life history. It is quite possible to be hypnotized by some malicious person and not to remember if you were told nt to remember..

Dreams can be total random crap, but a recurring conversation you never had, can be VERY significant. Try to understand what is going on with the person in your dream you are having this conversation with.

Know yourself, and know God.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
forgive me for the shaded message but no one will hold fast to your words when put in light. Believe me, no one can listen unless willing. And that willingness compiles disaster for anyone who would listen.

u2u me pls...

[edit on 6/2/09 by rezial666]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Exactly what happens to me. I'm a very deep person but those conversation SUCKS!!! Nothing to learn from it, stupid talking like: "Have you being to the new coffee shop? yes, they have nice coffee, but they don't steer the sugar..."
I looked outside through the window to see if it was people outside talking because I thought it was strange my mind would make up such a stupid conversation. but it did. Not so sure what that really is but it only happens when I'm tired and very sleepy. Thats when I'm not thinking on anything. My main language is Portuguese, and the conversations are in English, and they have native American accent. Whoever those people are...

My analyzes: When we are tired and sleepy, its much easier to have our mind clear, and when we are in that state, our brain thinks we are sleeping, and start to release '___' into the brain, '___' elevate out conscious states to degrees depending on the amount. Out of '___' comes visions, dreams, spiritual experiences, connections to infinite knowledge, wisdom, God, all depending on the amount, and your karma energy color.

now those people talking out of nowhere, i can not relate well but Its clear it also have to do with '___'.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
On hearing voices - I was somewhere between 3 1/2 and 4 and I remember my bedroom: the placement of my bed against the closest wall when you entered and with the window opposite. I was in my bed when something caused me to wake up. I still remember [ 36 years later ] quite distinctly two male voices commenting outside my window. The voices weren’t scary or anything, in fact they were almost completely lacking in emotion like you would imagine two scientists talking over a case file. Medium range similar voices and one voice said “Is that him?” and the other voice said matter of factly “Yes, that’s him”. I remember what freaked me out and made me cry is that even at that young age I could calculate by the proximity of the voices that at the furthest they should have been exactly outside my window. And there was a substantial amount of outside light to where I should have seen 2 shadows up against the glass and there was nothing there. I don’t recall anything negative. Its just that the voices were so flat and determined sounding like they were unconcerned observers and the sound being so close without a form or shadow or anything else is what bugged me.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hi to all!
i found this thread this morning.
I had a randow conversation in my head again so i decided to look up if i was the only one.. I'm glad i'm not!

I hope someone is still watching this thread. I saw it started 4 years ago now so it's not evident someone will even reply

i'm 20 years and i hear conversations in my head. Mostly after a day of hard work but even when i'm just not thinking at all.. As soon as i realise it, it stops. But i'm able to recall the last things being said..
Nothing interesting, they're not talking to me..

Like bprintz1 mentioned, it could have something to do with telepathy.. For as far back i can remember, i always thought i had some telepatic abillities.. Not with everyone but only with the 2 people i love the most at the moment it happens..
Sometimes i know what they're thinking, or i do something special that day because i felt like doing that, and later when i talked to that person, (s)he did that same thing, same day, same hour,..

I have a girlfriend for 1.5 years now. She doesn't have much pimples, but when she has one, it's usually big!
We meet 2 times a week, so when i go to her, we see that we have the same pimple at the same time!
Size is the same but it's like i'm a mirror. (it's on the same spot but on the other side of my head/body)
I've had this about 7 times so i don't think this is a coincidense..

cloakdagger mentionned to have a hearing test. I have done such test and they said my hearing was incredably good! I hear much higher frequencies (22000-23000 Hz) and much quieter sounds than others.
I'm also more aware of my surroundings. When something happens, even when i'm not looking, i see it! It sometimes scares my friends.

So yeah, That's about what i wanted to say i think.
If someone is still following this, please say something. That way i know i'm not talking to the void of teh internetz :p

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This happens to me on some level everyday, and always when I am very tired. I can know with certainty that the voices are based on what I am fearing the most, in my case, I am in a long distance relationship and I can hear conversation of my love one talking to someone else. Of course in long distance relationship the number one problem is the fear of the other person cheating on you. The best way to handle the voices is to understand that the voices are coming from inside you, and not from the actual outside world or from the person or persons that you think you are hearing it from. The sound of a voice is heard based on vibration that hit our inner ear and sent to our brains for interpretation, trust me unless the person is in the room and screaming from a fairly close distance you are not going to be able to hear anything that they say. However, if you turn on a fan or go into the bathroom and turn on the vent fan, trust me again you will hear voices if you focus on that you will hear them, and for sure it will be what you are already thinking or expecting to hear, based on what you fear. This part about hearing something completely different from what you would be thinking is explainable as well. You simply hear the sound of the fan or something, and make an instant interpretation of that sound, in other words you were not thinking it, but you did create the interpretation of the sound into those words. The solution is simple, again, just know that it is coming from inside you and not outside of you. Nature is not dumb enough to allow us to hear the thoughts of other, we would go crazy, and if we could hear voices from very far distances, our ears would have to be huge.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just found this post but you are not alone.. i can lay back in my recliner or just be laying here and im about to doze off usually this is when im tired.. ill nod in and out of conciousness i can hear bits and pieces of conversations like you are standing next to 2 people and they are talking sometimes its two people sometimes its just one person replying sometimes its just bits of words here and there its like right at that sleep stage cause im nodded off but im still aware of stuff. its freaky but sometimes i try to induce it by laying here closing my eyes and sometimes i can trigger it when im tired.. its like youre picking up conversations from the other part of the world or deminsions like lastnight i caught the word motorcycle someone was saying something about one but noone is here i dont ave tv or anything maybe someone in my area on on the world was talking to someone else and i tapped into the conversation? this only happens when im either tired or if im trying to sleep i dont hear nothing when im awake and stuff its hard to describe the state im in its like ill nod off hear the voices or words and then i can snap back out of it sometimes i can maintain the balance a few seconds. one time when i was younger i must have had sleep paralisis or something but ill share this with you all. once i was laying in my bed and my eyes woke up i could see but i couldnt move was like ya typical sleep paraliysis but i looked at my hand and i seen this bar that run along my headboard well i could move my hand to the bar/rail just liek you can normally but my hand was still on the bed but i could feel the cold rail on my spiritial hand when i snapped out of it i took my physical hand and touched the rail and it was cold .. that ill never figure out it was a wild feeling.. i think theres more to our minds then we know maybe when we hear these words we are tapping into conversations of other people on the planet or something talking.. who knows??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join