It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices in your head... Random conversation made up by the mind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This kinda thing happened to me once, I was asleep and I heard this girl having a conversation on the phone and I heard her sitting in the chair and the chair scraping against the floor every time she moved around. I didn't recognize the voice as being anyone I knew...and the weird thing was that I was fully aware of her conversation..not like a dream where you see it happening it was like being awake somewhere else but not being able to see anything. Like knowing that your eyes are closed and your layiing on your bed but being able to hear a conversation somewhere else. So when I actually woke up, I remembered the experience but I don't remember what she was talking about. My theory on this was that I was tuning in to another frequency or something like that. Im not really sure what it means. I've experienced sleep paralysis but this was completely different and I've been searching for an answer, is this normal?

[edit on 4-11-2007 by trisana]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bprintz1

i find your comments reassuring. as i also hear voices but have been told by docs i am not schizt. i think telepathy could be an answer but i also believe when our stress levels increase our natural survival instincts are hightened and thus our senses including our spiritual awareness increases. i believe that mental illness is often caused by a lack of attention to this fact.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
yeh i know what you mean, it gets annoying at night. I find it hard to switch off. Just out of interest.. do you visualise what you think as well as hear?

Here;s the cure: Get yourself a little walkman and tune into something good, or half way interesting. And i mean talk, not music.
This is what i do so i dont have to deal with unwelcome incoming thoughts which live in my head and will NOT go to sleep when i want to.

I'm serious, you will never be bothered by your own thoughts again.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i have this problem, where i feel people r talking in quite situations, and they do nothing but lie, one of their names is samantha, one is taylor, and i dont know the others name, and one claims to be my ex girlfrtiend, once i broke up with my ex, i was super super super lonely and she was cheating with a guy directyl upstairs from out apartment at the end, his name was taylor, and now we dont speak talk nothing for 9 months, and there always saying leave him alone samantha, then taylor will come in an just say shut the # up right now, if you say one word, ill beat the # out of you , and my ex will tret me like # (in my head of course) and the other day i started a new myspacxe page and earlier i was checkin a site an girls had messaged me and i went to my page and there was already a bulletin posted saying "easy girls want Me"

is this #in real? if it is, these people are the most EVIL sedisitc mother#drs in the world, i also say, call my cell phone and talk to me if this is real, cuz im very lonely after we broke up i dont have any friends and i geyt made fun of constantly constantly, im scared #less, so i got on risperdal and it went away and i ran out the other day and they came back, mind u only in quiet situations, im also an audio engineer so im listening to mixs alllll day long writing music , editing music, cutting up audio etc...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Go have a hearing test done. Some people might have the ability to hear certain frequencies that the normal person can not. The little bones that make up your ear could be different then others. You might have more hairs (sensors) inside your cochlea.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
very interesting....

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This happens to me occasionally. Usually while falling asleep. I'll wake up suddenly and realize that these people are having a conversation and I know it's not a dream. I've always felt it was just my own mind unwinding from the day only because I didn't know what else to think of it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I urge readers here to get the book "The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind," by Julian Jaynes.

There you will find not only some perspective on the "inner voice," and the vocal hallucination if you will, that may shed light upon your inquiry.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
I urge readers here to get the book "The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind," by Julian Jaynes.

There you will find not only some perspective on the "inner voice," and the vocal hallucination if you will, that may shed light upon your inquiry.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by SkipShipman]

Thanks, that sounds interesting, I may just have to look it up.

Like I said, I was hoping to take more notice of these voices and try and work out some relevance but I just can't. It seems to happen at quite a deep conscious level which works simultaneous with my conscious mind. I'm finding that it happens quite often while I am in the shower.. maybe the water has amplifying properties if it is external or maybe it is just because my mind relaxes while I am in there? Whatever the reason, It stops when I notice it and what I have heard is just totally random and out of context of anything relevant or related to my own thoughts.

Does anyone else experience it more under any certain conditions?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This afternoon I decided to take a nap because I was dead tired, as I got 2 hours into sleep I thought I heard my roommate come in with someone so I tried to wake up and realized I was having another sleep paralysis episode. I could breathe but I couldn't move. I could hear them having a conversation. So I tried to push my self out of it...once out of the sp I looked around my room and no one was in it but me. what I can't figure out is...it was always my belief that during sp your mind awakes before your body but this time I thought my mind was aware of my surroundings but that can't be true because my roommate wasn't actually in the room. Does that mean that my mind made up the conversation? I don't understand it.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is pretty bizarre. I'm a recent member of this forum and I hinted at this phenomena on a different thread.

Let me preface this post by mentioning I'm a mental health therapist. Several days ago, I had a conversation that lasted 1 1/4 hours with this voice. I would receive two or three sentences, then I would write it down, and continue where we left off.

Here's the kicker: I was told, "There's a reason you've been tired lately. This is the only way we can communicate to you while your brain is in the alpha wave."

I was clueless about much of what I heard in this conversation, so I started researching what I wrote down and found out:

During periods of relaxation, while still awake, our brain waves become slower, increase in amplitude and become more synchronous. These types of waves are called alpha waves. For example, such brain waves are often associated with states of relaxation and peacefulness during meditation and biofeedback.
web.mst.edu...

That's all I'm going to say about this conversation, although it happened the following day when I was told, "The message will be sent to you. There are no changes."

I haven't heard it since.

I know I'm not crazy. I've been researching this for the past few days, and ironically, I stumbled upon a couple threads in this forum that relate to this topic. I'm glad I signed up!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Yes I know this. I had this during high school. At home in bed I would hear these two girls in my class babbling on and on. Very funny

I assume it is a byproduct from brains being very very stressed. When you are very relaxed, the contrary is the case: it is so quite in your head.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
yes I thought i Was completly Insane No #ing clue what was happing then i started realizing that they were actually full on conversations and it was like ppl were Replying. hard to say i NO im not crazy but it makes u wonder How far telepathy go's. I thing it goes on ow much u use sertain parts of your brain the stronge one is. the more # they here.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I hear voices talking in my mind all of the time. It has really gotten ugly over the past 9 months. They just don't stop. It's kind of creepy because it involves religious characters, which has made it hard to dismiss, so I keep on feeding the conversations because
I feel that they are necessary out of fear of dying or going to hell. The conversation is this.... I will hear voices whispering this girls name who I work with. The voice that whispers it and the mental dialog seem to be of religious authority from spiritual beings of heaven. I don't see them, but I can visualize them in my imagination. It is like a constant obsession that my mind has a hard time getting rid of. This wouldn't be a big deal if I was actually attracted to this girl, but thankfully I am not, so I know that the dialogs will eventually pass. It would be nice if the voices would speak of pretty, gorgeous women, but this girl is far from that in a very unattractive way. She is just not my type, but the voices say that she is, and try to convince me to believe a lie. I will talk back to them, telling them off, to leave me alone and let me live my life how I want . The problem is that when I do tell them off and say that I will only date girls that I find attractive, I am told that I am being satanic, and that I will suffer from cancer, death, hell, and many of the other curses that you might find in the bible. They frequently say that the only way to get to heaven is to suck it up, deal with it and be with this hideous looking girl who I have to see twice a week at work. I am very close to dismissing all christianity and selling my soul to the devil, in exchange for whatever I want, whenever I want, for all eternity. That way I can be freed from this horrible curse in my mind and will accept that one day I will die. That will motivate me to live life fully, each and every day, and if there is a heaven, then I will get to go there for as long as I want, because I will have sold my soul for whatever I want, whenever I want. If there really is a God, I don't like him, and I do not appreciate his non helping hand, even though I have prayed for specific help. We don't need religious influence to know right from wrong. Please don't think that if I sell my soul, that I will lose my sense of morals or desire to honor the golden rule. It is just a cure for a terrible mind f--k. This all happened when I had finally done too many drugs, and I thought that I was going to die because I saw a hallucination that scared the s--t out of me. In a panic, a day or two after this incident, I prayed to God and pleaded with him for my life, and I said that if he spared it, I would marry any girl he chose. So this girl at my work stood out in a way that made me fear that she is the one that God chose. So ever since, I have struggled with this dialog based on fear. What makes this more difficult is that I know this girl likes me, I think she might even be a little obsessed with me, and that's even more of a turn off. Stay away from drugs people, at least don't abuse them, and don't do anything illegal. Psychedelic drugs and religion are a bad combination! I almost went crazy from this, but thankfully, I realize that I still have a say in how I live my life. I no longer read the bible, go to church, or pray. I do miss prayer though, because it feels good to send out positive love intention toward others, but I cannot feed the source of these thoughts anymore. Sorry that this is pretty off topic, but I really wanted to get this out. Any comments are welcome, especially ones that are encouraging in ways that will help me sever this curse from my whole being. : )

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maya12-21-2012.com

this post has stopped me hearing them (well atleast the night i read it)...

see how tongith goes.

my brain isnt understress anymore, because i dont think im going skitzo...

stress seems to cause these problems, specially at night, when ur body is trying to rest, but ur brain stays awake.

is like a dream, but ur still concious.

everybody had conversation in there head when there asleep (dreaming).
Just when you half awake, these voices can be scary.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Its happened to me when I was sleep deprived a few times. It evolved from me neutrally listening to voices talking to me having conversations with these voices. The voices I talked to weren't too friendly. I don't know whether it was some angry part of my brain or my subconscious trying to tell me sometime symbolically but these voices seemed downright evil sometimes.

Its only happened to me after about 50 hours of sleep deprivation though and only came on when I started paying attention to the faint voices at the back of my mind. Once it started there was no stopping it though.

I believe its caused by your mind starting to dream while your still awake. When we dream our minds run rampant and we don't have direct control over what our minds are thinking thats why all sorts of seemingly random and bizarre things happen in our dreams and we can't understand how we could come up with something so crazy.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Out of curiosity have you ever done amphetamines? I don't know whether its the amphetamines or the sleep deprivation or more likely both but nearly everyone when they stay up for long enough starts to hallucinate and alot of people hear voices. Evil voices in your voice is pretty scary alright especially the first time it happens because you don't know whether your going schizo or if its just temporary.

Again like I said this is your subconscious mind starting to dream while your conscious mind is still awake. The mind has to dream and its gonna do it whether to sleep or not.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This exact thing that you are describing happened to me for the first time last night.

My first inclination, my gut feeling after thinking about it is maybe what JUNG talks about the collective subconcious.

I do feel like these conversations are happening somewhere and I am listening to them. Its intriguing. I think of Edgar Cayce. I heard that he used to say that what he could do we all could do you just have to relax or something like that.

I think I will be paying more attention to this in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join