Voices in your head... Random conversation made up by the mind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Before I start.. Im not crazy!

When I'm really tired from work or a long day i can be doing something in a quiet environment (ie brushing my teeth, showering, tidying up etc) and be daydreaming and i keep noticing there is a sort of secondary daydream going on in a deeper part of my mind which is out of my control.

It is usually just other people having a conversation about something that i would never even be thinking of or totally unrelated to anything that has happened in my day. I can't control it and just seems to happen when im tired. Once i realise, become aware of it and try to listen it seems to stop and then carries on again when i continue with my own thoughts. I find it really strange and its not the typical 'voices in your head' scenario.. they dont tell me to do things lol. It is literally like listening to other people talking.. people that i dont even know and usually about random or uninteresting subjects.

Does anyone else get this and is there a possibility that i am tuning into something outside my mind. Maybe it could be refined and become a form of telepathy.. that sounds crazy even to me though.

If anyone else has this it would be interesting to hear.

50/50

[edit on 10-8-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
just me then? Maybe I am a crazy fool

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
while i've never experienced what your describing, i can tell you that i find that no matter how much i try to not think, i just cant stop it. it never gets silent for some reason. and since we think in words in our head(imo)(if i even explained that right). it can get pretty annoying.

ok so i hope that, that made some sense.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
yeh i know what you mean, it gets annoying at night. I find it hard to switch off. Just out of interest.. do you visualise what you think as well as hear?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
oh by the way violet you look pretty hot
.. i know this is not the place.. my bad

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Dont mind him, its the voices talking.

Haha just kidding.

Anyway on topic, I always hear my self talk, but im not sure if Ive heard other people? maybe its you subconcious mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Dont mind him, its the voices talking.

Haha just kidding.

Anyway on topic, I always hear my self talk, but im not sure if Ive heard other people? maybe its you subconcious mind.

Thanks for that phoenix, smart move haha.

Yeh it is kinda strange and now i realise it's not everyone makes me wonder more. For now.. all i can do is scratch my head.. (not because i have lice)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
fiftyfifty, thank you for the compliment darling.

visualize hm...i cant say i do, at least not at the same scale of the thinking in words. what i mean by that is i dont actually visualize words written down. i can just hear them, but i dont hear them with my ears, i hear them with my mind. mind you, 'them' i am referring to are my thoughts.

but someone i know she speaks fluent italian (well a dialect), and speaks fluent english, so when she thinks she thinks in words of italian and english, i just cant comprehend it, really.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thats ok

When I say visualise i don't mean the words, I mean the actual situations and people and places. I know people dream in different ways so maybe thoughts are the same.

When I hear these 'random conversations' I see them as well although not as clearly as my controlled thoughts as they are sort of in the background of my mind.. my sub-subconscious if you like. Its really hard to explain.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have these voices as well,I've noticed they will will sometimes take on the style of a narrator in a documentary, so I conclude its just my subconcious 'ticking over' after watching too much TV.
But when I'm meditating I do sometimes notice the odd thought that seems to be completely alien to the usual dross that my own mind throws up and have often wonderd wtf where did that one came from!
I've also noticed we seem to 'leak' not just thoughts but also feelings,for example fear seams to be very contagious and one day whilst waiting in line at a bus stop whilst busting for a wizz I heard a small child tell his mom he also wanted to pee.
I think we can become more susceptible to these kinds of things through illness or by deliberately training ourselfs through various practices.
So in my opionion the saying "no man is an island" could well be true.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Muffinresearch]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
you are not alone 50/50

My sister and I have a similar thing. We don't visualize it, but the "voices" have the most random nonesense conversations with themselves and others.

It is most prevelant while I am tired and it is quiet. Another thing I have noticed is it's usually spoken in the voices of people I have spent some time with recently, or have been thinking about.

It was labelled phantom dialogue, a process of the subconcsious compiling and interrepting your recent experiences. It makes for an interesting experience, but it's always been harmless babling so I have grown used to it to the point I barely notice it anymore.

Out of curiousity, I'm trying to find common ground between us, my sister and I suffer from anxiety, and bi-polar, as well as symptoms similar to ADD and death by boredom, constant...constant tedius boredom. Have you ever been told or diagnosed that you have any of those other ticks?

lol

-ADHD

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Now that I reread I realised this has happened to me too.

Its kind of like a daydream, but usually when you daydream your mind is focused on it, I guess what might be happening is that your daydreaming in the back of your head, and your not really focusing on it, because your busy doing something else.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I get this sometimes... usally happens in times of stress. Only thing is they are talking to me, telling me that it's ok, to trust God. Never once have they told me to do anything... just to trust God and that he loves me. I also keep on hearing my name being called when I am procastinating on doing important things(like house cleaning... lol)

Only once did 'they' have a fight... I was going through a very rough time with my ex bf(he still lived with me) and the woman was telling me to trust God, that everything was going to be fine... it would all get sorted out.

The male voice yelled at the woman and told her that we belong together... that I was my ex's only hope at living a good life. That we'd be happy.

The woman yelled back and told him(His name was Henry... which one night I was talking to exs brother and found out that his dead grandfathers name was Henry...) that no I wouldn't be happy, that all he'd ever to is hurt her and cheat on her. I had no part in this convrsation, but I heard it all in my head. Well, I thought I loved him...(he treated me like crap btw...) and he said he was confused about if he loved me. He told me that he was going to give it a try with this one girl and if it didn't work out he'd promise come back to me. Boy oh boy was I STUPID! I waited... it didn't work out... he came back, but for a quickie(which I was sleeping btw) and then proceded to tell me that I screwed it up and the promise was null and void. Guess what? Now that he's no longer such a constant in my life I'm happier than ever, have a baby with my fiancee of 3 years, and he's in and out of jail, getting stds left and right, no work, child support is breathing down his neck for 2 other kids with other women, mooching off friends and family, and he's done it so much no one will help him anymore. No place to live, etc. Now, since he's been gone Henry hasn't been back or I haven't heard any voices in my head cept the night my son was born. It was the woman telling me that he would be fine, that God sent him to you, and wasn't going to take him away. That he'd be in my arms and would fight harder the minute he saw me. And it was the truth.

Now, sorry this was soooo long... but I just had to share... sorry if I offended anyone with what the woman told me as well about trusting God.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well, to be honest, my first impression after reading that was 'schizophrenia', but assuming that is not the case, could you give some more information? Does this happen when you are near other people, or when you are alone, or after doing a particular activity or at a certain time of day? I'm just fishing for clues that might help us figure out what's going on.

Also, how old are you? (you don't have to answer if you don't want to :p) The reason I ask is that people usually become schizophrenic when they are maybe 20 or so, give or take a few years. I don't mean to imply anything, I just ask for your own good.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'll try to answer as many of your questions as i can.. starting from the bottom -

Dragonsdemense - I am 22, not schizophrenic! It is not as extreme as MacSen's experience but crazy story! lol. It only ever happens when I am tired and in a quiet environment.

ADHD - I have never been diagnosed with anything like that, As far as i know and can tell I have nothing at all that would suggest any of those. Phantom dialogue seems like a good term for it.

muffinresearch (cool name lol) - They are never in the style of a narrator. It is literally like listening to people you don't know talking about something.. usually just smalltalk which i find strange.

It happens even when I havent watched any TV so i don't think that TV influences it.

They occur beneath my own thoughts at the time and can sort of happen simultaneously. I also just ignore it and happens so often it's just something i get when i'm tired but just so random and not the kind of thing i would think about that it seems out of place in my mind.. does that make sense?

Edit: shoddy grammar and spelling

[edit on 11-8-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hmm, maybe it's just your subconscious playing tricks on you, then. If it happens when you are tired and in a quiet place, that seems the most likely possibility. I'm also glad to say that since this only happens under specific conditions like that, I don't think you have to worry about being crazy. If you were crazy, it would happen in other situations as well, I think.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Before I start.. Im not crazy!

When I'm really tired from work or a long day i can be doing something in a quiet environment (ie brushing my teeth, showering, tidying up etc) and be daydreaming and i keep noticing there is a sort of secondary daydream going on in a deeper part of my mind which is out of my control.

Sure you're not...that's what they ALL say!

I have heard a couple of things that sound like what you describe. Occasionally as I drift off to sleep I'll hear conversations between people I don't know. It's not about me, or addressed to me, and it's not of any importance. Like you say, it's like you're listening to someone's conversation in another room while they're doing something social like playing cards or eating dinner. It lasts a few minutes then fades out.

There's another thing sort of like pareidolia where your ears try to make sense out of low level white noise, and you perceive it as if it's a conversation that's just out of earshot, because you have a lot of "filtering" that tries to pick out speech the way your face recognizer tries to make faces out of visual noise. So if the noise is irregular and faint, you may misperceive it as speech that's just out of range.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here's my understanding of what you all are experiencing. First of all, what you are experiencing is normal. You are just becoming aware of it. In the Spiritual circles it has been noted for some time that the earth is receiving new influences from on high. I now believe it's true. Human beings are changing in deep ways.

What is it? It's your mind. It may be a facet of your own mind, or, as likely, you may be picking up on others thoughts... and they may not even be near you. Think Quantum Physics.

This has been taught in Esoteric Spirituality circles for millenia. Gurdjieff taught the Doctrine of Many "I's". In other words, our minds are composed of many facets. The problem is, our authenic self, Essence, is buried in there and is not dominant. That's the problem. It's like a bus load of mini-personalities and they each claim to be the driver. We are so used to the stream of thought, we don't even notice it. And yet, we believe ourselves to be 'one person'.

Pay no attention to the skeptics. They know less than you do at this point. And, is it schizophrenia? Well, that term is a blunt instrument. While a real phenomenon, it is bandied about by the ignorant, as that is all they know of to explain this complex truth. The truth is, we all hear voices in our head, for different reasons. But psychiatry has made it the sociological equivalant of #ting your pants in public. Calling someone a schizo, well, it can be damning, especially if it is from someone in authority.

Also, a new phenomenon has appeared. Apparently some facet of black ops has acquired the ability to project thoughts into people. You can read about this moral breach on line. Maybe even in the TinWiki section.

In summary, there are various reasons to experience these voices. Keep on observing and digging for verification of what I am saying. We all may be heading toward higher self awareness.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
When I'm about to go to sleep I hear a random voice say one sentence sometimes. I also get visualizations rarely.

It also used to happen whenever I stayed up all night playing video games... now that would be pretty wild and scary, but interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
while i've never experienced what your describing, i can tell you that i find that no matter how much i try to not think, i just cant stop it. it never gets silent for some reason.

i find myself in the same position.always thinking and its seems no matter how hard i try i cant stop.and for me it seems to get more intense when i try to relax?wtf is that about?lol anyway in reply to the op,as far as hearing other People conversating in my mind that is not something im aware of accuring withen me.i would suggest to you that maybe since you said you were tired at the times you notice it that maybe its possable your accsessing a part of your brain that you dont conciousley know how to accsess.but thats just speculation and opinion from my side so dont take that as fact and start your own miss cleo hotline or nuttin lol.
good post though very interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join