It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should we listen too ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Being new to the "conspiracy" world I am finding myself watching more news and reading more, trying to find the secrets.

A few times I've posted questions on here and / or made comments and received remarks back that, CNN is biased one way or the other and that Fox News can't be trusted, the BBC is this or that.

So I'm asking for your help.

Exactly who should we listen too ?

I see a lot of threads / posts on here that link to news sources, but they're some that I've never even heard of. (wishing I had examples) some are websites that I must admit, just don't seem creditable, are these just other individuals and thier opinions and ideas ?

I used to believe that I was getting the truth from the mainstream news sources, but now, you guys have me doubting them.

I don't know what to think or do, Help me please !!!

I know that we all have to think for oursleves and make our own judgements and beliefs, but I'm lost.

Looking forward to your replies and opinions.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You should listen to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I should have expected an answer like that Junglejake...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Listen to everyone.
It doesn't mean that you should believe 'em though.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Listen to everyone.
It doesn't mean that you should believe 'em though.

I would have to agree with Leveller on this. Ask them for reasons or evidence backing up what they're saying.

If someone just says "Well, the greys have a monarchist government" without explaining why or have any evidence supporting that, I wouldn't buy it. If someone says "George Bush and every other person in power is a reptoid. I can back this up because when I see them I can just tell," don't buy it. If someone tells you something and states arguements supporting their belief, presents sources for where they got their information from, then even if the idea is totally outlandish, it might be worth looking into.

As for news sources, start with mainstream media, but then, when you find a story, check it out on some blogs, and some international news agencies. If it all syncs up, chances are the mainstream reported it right. But all too often, the main stream media leaves out importaint details that we have to find on our own. One reason for this is the sheer number of stories they report on. There's not enough time to tell all the facts. The other reason is more contrivertional, which is that they are trying to put a spin on the news and only report the facts that allow them to give that spin.

So in short, never rely on one source.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
here's a good example...

on ATSNN it's being reported that there was an explosion at Lake Wilson, MN. the source of this news article is

keloland.com...,29345

Maybe this is a real news source, but why isn't this on CNN or Fox news or any other news sources ?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
People should listen to their inner-voice.

Trust no one. That's the goddamn best advice my father ever gave me.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The associated press is also reporting on this, which is a fairly credible source:

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040114/ap_on_re_us/fire_hall_explosion_1

CNN might be covering it in their local mid-west news section, or the story may be too small for them to want to use band width right now. If it grows, it may show up on there, though.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Listen to everyone and everything but read inbetween the lines. Also ATSNN is a good news site, no bias at all I find. Watch Fox, CNN, BBC and other major news from around the world. If you got something that can translate Arabic, watch Al Jezzira if you want to fund them. Mostly watch American news, I find foregin news is more biased.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Maybe this is a real news source, but why isn't this on CNN or Fox news or any other news sources?

CNN and Fox don't report everything that happens...nor does any newscast. You're only hope to see just about everything, is to constantly scan multiple news sources from around the globe, rather than what gets selected for broadcast, by profit driven companies....

Some of my favorites are Reuters and Sky News....

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
listen to the self, it will tell u, truth is from within, find it for none can show it to u, quit being a lazy instant gratification being, the news is full of junk to keep u fearing, leave society and find truth in life

new topics

top topics

join