It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security breach reported at Charlotte airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Security breach reported at Charlotte airport

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A man allegedly circumvented security Friday at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport in Charlotte, North Carolina, causing headaches for screeners and passengers.

The Transportation Security Administration said the man went around security on Concourse C of the airport.

"It's too soon to say whether there was malicious intent or whether it was someone who was confused," TSA spokesman John Allen told The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can't believe airline security is so lax to have somebody slip by like this. Hopefully this isn't malicious intent.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

BALTIMORE, Maryland (CNN) -- Federal authorities charged a North Carolina college student with a felony Monday after he admitted planting box cutters and other items aboard Southwest Airlines jetliners that apparently were not found for more than a month.

yeah that was 2003...but it should have been better security....and dont forget the monkey recently found under some guys hat on a plane...

p.s. the point is lax security....

[edit on 10-8-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's truly rediculous. After 9/11, security was supposedly revamped and "beefed up". Since then, how many reports have there been of people getting on planes with things that shouldn't have made it. I remember hearing in the news and blogs in the months/years following 9/11 about people smuggling all kinds of stuff on planes just to see if it could be done!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with lax security and everything to do with piss poor training. They were so desperate to blame the people working as screeners on 9/11 and get them replaced that they threw out all the training manuals and started over. They took systems that we had to train on for a month to operate, and gave their screeners a 3 hour course before turning them loose on them. And it hasn't gotten much better in the years since.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
You can't catch everything all of the time. That is just a fact of a life.

Airport security though improved will never be perfect. Last year I managed to sneak a lighter onto an airplane while I watched as they confiscated the lighter of a man in front of me. There was no real trick to it, I held it in my hand the whole time as I went through security.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i brought honey from overseas...yemen and cashmere....and when i got home...i bought some burritos from chipotles...(my mom likes them....and then tried to fly from nebraska to indiana....and when my luggage went thru the scanner....the didnt even look at what was wrapped in the tinfoil.....found the honey....and threw it away.....it was like 50$ in honey.....i was so pissed.....(i think they actually took it outta the trash when i left)

top topics

join