It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China plans to survey 'every inch' of moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

China plans to survey 'every inch' of moon

www.breitbart.com

China plans to survey all of the moon's surface before eventually bringing bits of the planet back to Earth, state media reported Friday.

"We would like to survey every inch of the moon's surface," Ouyang Ziyuan, chief scientist of the China's moon exploration project, was quoted as saying on the website of Chinese News Service.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
With all the speculation and suspicion regarding our moon and what not, will China actually be allowed to do this? Will China suddenly come out with a public statement stating that their missions failed? Will we see even more edited images of the moon? Come on China, shows the soul catcher and moon bases.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm shocked someone called the Moon a planet! Should be interesting to see what they come out with come what may

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
yes i can't wait for them to survey every inch and then go back and photoshop every inch.

if i dont trust the usa with this stuff, then i most definately dont trust china with it. in fact i dont really trust anyone thats in a position of power with the moon stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Let us be logical. China is known for covering up anything that they do not like. China wants power. China would not like others to know if there was something like a crashed ship on the moon, because that would mean they would have less of a hold over any power it could give them.

Thus, China will supress any findings.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have some thing under my left arm they can survey.

Wonder what they are looking for actually, this could be a new lunar competition, or maybe lunarecon perhaps. Moon bases any one, *cough* eh hem, Lear *cough*.

Any way, it will spark new international space missions, which will drive economies up, or down if the US can't compete.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm not really surprised bu this.

America is going to launch a new Lunar mapping mission (to map the whole moon,
not just the equator) this upcoming year, plus the many upcoming manned Lunar
missions, not just from the U.S., but China (they want around the same timeline),
India and Japan in the next two or three decades.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This makes me think that all along maybe the governments are all in cahoots when it comes to space exploration, what they know, and what they will do with what they know.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
if i dont trust the usa with this stuff, then i most definately dont trust china with it. in fact i dont really trust anyone thats in a position of power with the moon stuff.

I OWN THE MOON

There, I said it.

Does any one wish to dispute my claim?

Good

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Let us be logical. China is known for covering up anything that they do not like. China wants power. China would not like others to know if there was something like a crashed ship on the moon, because that would mean they would have less of a hold over any power it could give them.

Thus, China will supress any findings.

Or possibly they want the control and fame from disclosure?
Would definatly rip the US from the worlds eyes

new topics

top topics

join