It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Declares National Emergecy: Syria & Lebanon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
If you remember correctly from his speech, he doesn't even know what the word "sovereign" means. Bush certainly didn't write this executive order or even think it up. Someone else in his administration is benefiting from this.

I do think you're right about that. For those who don't know, yo ucan see the text of the E.O. in this thread. the language ofthe Executive Order is so finely tuned that it must have been developed by an army of lawyers. If you can get past the language, the intent is enough to make anyone a little....concerned. I find myself worried that the Dems are looking forward to using all of the power that the Bush administration has gathered to the Executive branch.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by AmethystSD
Well Shots, it's Wikipedia. You should amend it.

So let me get this right? You want me to alter Wiki with knowingly false information and then post it on ATS? I do not think so that is against ATS Terms and Conditons you should read them
[edit on 8/11/2007 by shots]

What are you talking about? When I linked to the wikipedia article you said:

Nice slant at trying to make it look like it is all bushes fault when there are actually several instances of the use of the IEEPA by other presidents

I said that if you think a wikipedia article is biased you should submit the changes you think it should reflect to be fair instead of just complaining about it. I didn't say anything about falsifying information.

I started this thread to start a discussion and to share information. I'm not trying to start a fight.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Nice slant at trying to make it look like it is all bushes fault when there are actually several instances of the use of the IEEPA by other presidents :shk:

Do you seriously believe Bush cares about Syria or Lebanon? Seriously?

I think he could care less about what happens there unless it effects his oil revenues. I honestly think that it's about repetitive vocal conditioning. Remember the "Boy the cried wolf?" After a while the villagers quit running to aide the boy. Maybe it's too early to say Bush is the boy that cries "National Emergency", but with the Authoritarian Orders set in place, I fear this may be the begining of several in order to condition the public to accept it without question.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So the administration is going to start freezing the assets of those it deems involved in undermining Lebanon's democracy.

how else does he continue to finance the war in Iraq... print more money?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
how else does he continue to finance the war in Iraq... print more money?

Unquestionably. The U.S. prints excess money all the time. He is not funding the war by seized assets, I assure you.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Unquestionably. The U.S. prints excess money all the time. He is not funding the war by seized assets, I assure you.

excuse my sarcasm... indeed, the US is all too blatant about printing money when they need it... between borrowing it and "papering it" the green back isn't worth what it used to be.... that said, don't be too sure that the "looting of the temple" hasn't added a few clandestine dollars to the coffers

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
What new powers does he get under the national emergency?

Your missing something...

The National Emergency Act in this instance *separate from any other National Emergency* is direct control over all parties involved with a specific group *any "terrorist" linked to anti Lebanese movements* ...

This has NOTHING to do with the American people, unless you break one of the new guidelines, then your screwed honestly..

However, while I state that this is... not as .... how should I say this. As broad as many may think.. that is "the president can suspend the constitution now" .. no, he can't, no he won't

BUT!!!!!

Your missing the most important part to this whole thing here!

The President of the United States of America by-passed the State Department, the United Nations *as in did not pass a resolution with key allies* by-passed Congress entirely and he him self and the United States Military apparently and other Executive Branch Bureaucracies just ECONOMICALLY quarantined all Syrian and Iranian military movements within the state of Lebanon .. Anyone caught undermining the safety of Lebanon is a DIRECT THREAT TO THE UNITED STATES NATION SECURITY AND FOREIGN POLICY. Says it in the Order people. Know what that means? Direct evidence that the newly instated terrorist Iranian Revolutionary Guard is equipping, training or funding directly or proxy with Syria (note Iran and Syria signed a military pact, war with one is war with the other) is an act of WAR under this new Order.

The President will not need Congressional approval to uphold the new Order, not that Congress would say no anyways.

I think that these times are getting tighter and tighter by the Minuit For anyone who thinks this is nothing or blown out of proportion I would say through my understanding of this Order this is just another step towards war with Iran and Syria.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join