It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A possible explanation for Near Death Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Do all NDE happen only to christians? If so, then there is a god. But if they happen to people in other faiths, then there may not be a god. If that is true, then why would god reveal himself in different forms?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Do all NDE happen only to christians? If so, then there is a god. But if they happen to people in other faiths, then there may not be a god. If that is true, then why would god reveal himself in different forms?

What? If it happens to all people, then that just further confirms the existence of something more... Your reasoning seems pretty faulty to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That sounds like some really convoluted logic to me. :shk:

NDE's have been documented all over the world with people of numerous religious beliefs.

Some really good research on NDE's in the link below.

link

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

What? If it happens to all people, then that just further confirms the existence of something more... Your reasoning seems pretty faulty to me.

No I do not mean all people

NDE's could be another medical term in the near future.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, I have my own personal views on this subject.. So, I will refrain from posting on this thread. It's just funny to me how atheist spend a multitude of time and vested interest in something that they swear up and down is just an "anomaly of the brain."

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
NDE's are all remarkably similar no matter the faith. Even young children with no exposure to an established religion have reported similar NDE's to those in other top 3 faiths. The tunnel, white light, feelings of love and peace combined with a decision to return and sometimes a life review.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It's just funny to me how atheist spend a multitude of time and vested interest in something that they swear up and down is just an "anomaly of the brain."

Did I say I don't believe in god, or did I give a possible explanation for NDE's? No I am not an atheist, I believe in god. So next time you want to jump too quick on conclusions, you might as well not post at all.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a better explaination is a neurochemical one... i always forget the name of it, but there is a specific hallucinogenic chemical in our brain that is released that triggers hallucinations that go along the lines of NDE's

a good way to look at it is to realize that people experience something nearly identical to an NDE when they blackout in a centrifuge.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
a better explaination is a neurochemical one... i always forget the name of it, but there is a specific hallucinogenic chemical in our brain that is released that triggers hallucinations that go along the lines of NDE's

Dimethyltryptamine ('___')

a good way to look at it is to realize that people experience something nearly identical to an NDE when they blackout in a centrifuge.

Or that we can trigger them by stimulating a certain region of the brain...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

The chemical you're referring to is '___' I gather - but it does not explain NDEs. This is because, aside from anything else, near death experiences are completely different from hallucinations.
Scientific study
Vicky
Also, here's what Wikipedia says on the subject. (I know some people have no time for Wikipedia but at first glance, this article seems very thorough.)
Wikipedia

new topics

top topics

join