It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having Strange "Ghost Sightings" pls help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Recently myself and my girlfriend have been hearing some strange things and we can't narrow it down and figure out what it is. I'm not too good at describing this in much detail so ill just kind of list whats going on and maybe if you have any ideas or thoughts on how I could figure out what happening, then pls reply.

1. its only auditory,
2. only happens late at night, at about bed time
3. most typically when upstairs in bed, we hear "footsteps" in our attic. We both hear this at the same time.
4. The footsteps are heard quite often, but not everyday.. couple times a week and seems to be less than before. A month ago we heard it almost everyday.
5. A/C and all electronics are turned off when we hear this.

6. The Most Strange sound we hear though, we usually hear separately from one another. It sounds like a short tune on a harmonica.

7. Last time I heard the harmonica I was sitting here at my comp, the short tune repeated twice. I thought it was coming from my attached garage or my gf's computer one room away... but was neither and the gf did not hear it.

8. The harmonica sound only occurs downstairs, shortly before bed.
9. bedtimes vary between 12 midnight and 3:30am... so sounds do not occur at same time every time.
10. Last night, I went to bed before my gf, I did not hear anything. My gf came running to bed because she heard the harmonica tune at 2:30am and she couldnt figure out where it came from. It appears to be "all around us"

has anyone heard any similar stories? anyone have any ideas whats going on? I never believed in any ghosts or had any strange occurances before. Although my gf claims she has had some very creepy experiences. I suspect she is being "haunted" and not me. what do u think is going on?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
first of all i wouldn't worry about these being malevolent in anyway unless you have specific reason to believe they are. I have had a few ghost sightings and had a chance to put my hand through an apparition. i've not had any bad come from them being around. i may have been frightened, but i don't feel like i was ever in any danger.

if you are to agree with the Ghost Hunters (and others) and what they have found/believe, then you would have to determine if this is is either a residual or an intelligent haunt. it doesn't sound like it's "demonic" or mean spirited. if it's residual then it's just an after-image of someone that was there before. that usually means it will do the same things over and over. an intelligent haunt will interact in some way and could be a spirit that hasn't crossed over completely. i have heard that if you just tell them they are dead, assert that you live there now, and tell them that they need to move on that can go a long way. i don't have any experience with that myself but it's something to think about.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It sounds like you may have a ghost. But I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Noises in the attic, could it be mice? Electricity goes out, could it just be a blackout? Could a tv or radio be on, and you think you are hearing a harmonica? Not saying I don't believe you, but a lot times weird things have a logical explanation.

You should also understand all spirits aren't evil. Most are nuetral, some are even good. This ghost could have some sort of connection with your girlfriend, it also could be looking out after her. Has she had creppy experiences all her life, or just recently? Has she recently lost someone close to her?

If you are being haunted by a evil spirit I think you would know by now. So you probably aren't in any real danger. It also doesn't hurt to just ask the spirit to leave. You'll be surprised.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
thanks for replies

if it's residual then it's just an after-image of someone that was there before. that usually means it will do the same things over and over. an intelligent haunt will interact in some way and could be a spirit that hasn't crossed over completely.

it seems to just do the same things over and over (walk in my attic and make a song). but it seems to do it when we go to bed... almost as if it leaves the attic after we go to bed in order to occupy the living room area. i dont know for sure.

Noises in the attic, could it be mice? Electricity goes out, could it just be a blackout? Could a tv or radio be on, and you think you are hearing a harmonica? Not saying I don't believe you, but a lot times weird things have a logical explanation.

we went into the attic a couple weeks ago to determine what the noise is and came up with nothing reall (ill attach the video if anyone cares). the noise we hear can only be described as footsteps.. sometimes running sometimes walking.. definetely not the noise of mice or squirrels, or anything with 4 legs. The electricity does not go out. and TV and radio are not commonly used in my house and we have ruled out the computer, the TV, radio, air conditioner, and other electronics.

we have not ruled out the neighbor making the music, but last night it was 2:30 am and it was storming, and all windows and doors were closed. ive ruled out all logical occurrances that i can think of over the last month or so, before i even thought of posting here.

does anyone have any suggestions for recording these sounds with audio or video? we tried one 4 minute video on the attic, attached screenshot is the only anomaly we could come up with on the video, and its probably nothing.

I uploaded the video to youtube and it is processing, ill follow up and post the whole video as soon as youTube lets me. heres a picture: is this anything? probably not..

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
man thats nasty
u gotta fix that problem if the things is not doing anything scary leave it alone or if its a problem call and expert

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Get a voice recorder with a microphone. Set it up in the attic half an hour before your usual bed time and let it run see what you can pick up in the morning.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
o yea thats a cool way i heard many times u may try it but u know.....u gonna get creept when u heard the recordings

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
o yea thats a cool way i heard many times u may try it but u know.....u gonna get creept when u heard the recordings

Yeah I know I definately wouldn't be able to do it. But it is a good way to capture something.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ok .. dont laugh... here is our 4 minute investigation of the attic.

i dont think it shows anything. and on youtube its way too dark i think

i think the above pic was somewhere in the 2nd minute

[edit on 10-8-2007 by spec2]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you are talking about the green shiny thingy it can be seen clearly at 2:40 with the low light filter on. If youre talking about the smudge on the lower part of that you have rounded its hard to say for sure. Either a piece of insulation or a bug. As for the footsteps... what kind of roof do you have? it could be just the roof adjusting to the change in humidity or temperature as you seem to live in your own house.

Structures tend to crack and pop and you usually dont notice the sounds unless its very quiet, which tends to be during the night. This happens with any type of structures and you can really hear it well if outside wall or roof has very poor or no soundproofing and or room to "live" in. If you have a steel roof it can be something as simple as critters walking on or in your roof as it seems by the look of your video that you have very little or no soundproofing between the roof and the attic.

As for the strange tune. Is it actually music or just a screeching noice? That also could be nothing more but a branch or wind blowing under your roof tiles from some side of the roof. That can make some serious whistling sounds quite easily or it could be a vent of some sort that is poorly placed or missing a grill. If its an actual music playing then its hard to say without actually being there when it happens.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
well she made another video today since i posted this. no green shiny things or visuals that i could find but this time we have a strange audio anomaly possibly at 4:01 earphones are recommended to hear it more clearly. it was recorded on a video card but sounds like a tape blip. in the original version it sounds like a word is being spoken. also the audio anomaly occurs at the exact same location in the attic as the earlier photo coincidentally.

or
www.zshare.net...

As for the strange tune. Is it actually music or just a screeching noice? That also could be nothing more but a branch or wind blowing under your roof tiles from some side of the roof. That can make some serious whistling sounds quite easily or it could be a vent of some sort that is poorly placed or missing a grill. If its an actual music playing then its hard to say without actually being there when it happens.

i dont think the harmonica is coming from the roof, we hear it downstairs and it is a definite melody or tune. very short maybe 4 slow notes that repeats up to 3 times. the same tune every time.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Very interesting spec2, looks like you're doing a good job investigating it too.

As an aside, if you're familiar with cropping images you may want to use an editing program and resize or crop your images to reduce their width, preferably to no more than 500 px or so. Really wide images force a horizontal scroll which makes reading the thread awkward...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Most definatly try and capture an EVP!

You can turn your computer into a sound recorder. Just hook a mic up and run a sound program(I like COOL EDIT PRO). Just make sure you have endless recording time.

You might even be able to write a macro that automaticly records at a certain time during the night. Wait a week after reviewing what youve recorded and you might have gotten an answer.

Also announce that you are recording out loud, I have done this on my computer a lond time ago and got really amazing results. "If there is anyone here, use this device to talk into." Dont say microphone or recording because this spirit might not know what you are talking about.

Just say "talk into this"

This will work if tried, gaurenteed.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIENYou can turn your computer into a sound recorder. Just hook a mic up and run a sound program(I like COOL EDIT PRO). Just make sure you have endless recording time.

Yeah forgot about that. But depending on where the computer is I thin I'd atleast try something in the attic first.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Very interesting spec2, looks like you're doing a good job investigating it too.

resize or crop your images to reduce their width, preferably to no more than 500 px or so. Really wide images force a horizontal scroll which makes reading the thread awkward...

sorry ill try to go back and crop the image, i use a widescreen monitor and didnt think about that. ... err i just tried (this is an edit) it wont let me edit that post i guess there is a time limit on when u can edit?

Most definatly try and capture an EVP!

I wont be able to set up my comp to record in the attic. Although I do have 40 feet of microphone cable and a nice microphone... i can set it up to try to capture the music... but that part is so rare i dont ill actually catch it. is there any other ways to analyze the videos that i already have?

I can put a simple mini cassette recorder in the attic maybe..

[edit on 11-8-2007 by spec2]

new topics

top topics

join