It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sick, sick people

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Out of curiousity, how is the "life sentance" handled in the UK? Over here across the water, "life" in prison really means "5 years of eating steak and then parole". And really, if those two little #### ### ##### ### that brutally murdered that 5 y/o back in the ninties got to go to australia with new faces and new names, just how long do you think these two will be in there, in all seriousness?

I have read through the article and it does not appear that they have been sentenced yet, just found guilty. I would be surprised if either of them receive a tariff of less than 15 years, but I would be equally surprised if they receive any more than that. The courts have to work under constraints and in a case liike this they are unlikely to make an example of them as a high sentence would no doubt be reduced on appeal, where as a 15 year tariff on a life sentence would probably stick.

Though these two have committed a heinous crime, which I in no way condone, their circumstances and the failure of social services to intervene will be taken into account. Though there are no excuses for the torture and murder of Leticia there are reasons it could have been avoided. At any given time in Leticia's 5 years a number of adults could have and should have intervened. Her mother was not a fit parent and if people were doing their jobs they would have seen that - she was not only reported to social services but she was also in the education system. Her father and his family who had access did nothing.

Though the mother and her boyfriend are ultimately responsible for torturing this little girl to death, others let it get that far.

On a 15 year tariff they will likely serve all that time, 10 years at most. They will be housed in minimum security and likely serve the latter half of the sentence in an open prison. Depending up on their attitude and the HMP they get sent to they have a good chance of rehabilitation and turning their lives around. I hope that they do, just as I hope Jon Venables and Robert Thompson have changed for the better (the 10 year old murderers of 2 year old Jamie Bulger who I think you may be referring to).

Following their release they will be resettled and monitored by the probation system, it would be likely that they would not be permitted access to children. Any children that the mother subsequently has will most likely be taken into care or be closely supervised. Which if this had been the case in the first place......

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Where are the "they were prubly white" remarks? I bet if they were black we would see some "black ppl r sick", or "why do black ppl..." remarks. Hmmm...come to think of it why if a black guy commits a crime he represents all black men everywhere, but if a white guy commits a crime that's not the case? Any takers?
BTW i'm mixed
not that it should make a difference but humans will be humans

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
Where are the "they were prubly white" remarks? I bet if they were black we would see some "black ppl r sick", or "why do black ppl..." remarks. Hmmm...come to think of it why if a black guy commits a crime he represents all black men everywhere, but if a white guy commits a crime that's not the case? Any takers?
BTW i'm mixed
not that it should make a difference but humans will be humans

Well,im black and why did the race thing have to be brought up? No one said that the dc sniper represented all black men. Lol,everyone was surprised he was black.

Back on topic: There are people on both sides of the spectrum. On the darker end is these types. Reminds me of a song by the band korn called "pretty".

The singer used to work as a coroner's assistant here bakersfield. They had an 11-12 month year old girl come in. She had been raped by her father,her legs broken and bent around her back. Her father threw her on the bathroom floor when he was done.....i kid you not. It bothered him horribly until he wrote the lyrics for the song. Was originally confirmed in an old interview the band did.

I had always liked the song,but after finding out the actual meaning of it, its taken on a whole new meaning. Here's the lyrics if you'd like to check them out. Pretty graphic.
Pretty

People can be capable of some terrible things.

[edit on 8/10/07 by spanishcaravan]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
although i do find this story sickening, i cant help but notice the obviouse intent to bring "skunk cannabis" into the picture as if it would have caused such behavior. there are people out there that do consume the amounts of canabis that the article discribed and are perfectly normal and layed back. this kid was obviously messed up in the head in other ways, the pot might not have helped, but to assume that is what caused suck irrational behavior is a stretch.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
They had an 11-12 month year old girl come in.

I take it you mean 11~12 years?
What's a month year =P.

Meh, personally I would be for ''an eye for an eye'' cases. (Or an eye for 2 eyes).

Too bad I can't go vigilante without getting in some deep crap.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-

They had an 11-12 month year old girl come in.

I take it you mean 11~12 years?
What's a month year =P.

Meh, personally I would be for ''an eye for an eye'' cases. (Or an eye for 2 eyes).

Too bad I can't go vigilante without getting in some deep crap.

nope,11-12 months. So 1 yr. at the most.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I had always liked the song,but after finding out the actual meaning of it, its taken on a whole new meaning. Here's the lyrics if you'd like to check them out. Pretty graphic.
Pretty

People can be capable of some terrible things.

There was a case in the North of England not long back of a 2 year old raped and murdered by her Uncle who was a heroin user.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Leticia's boyfriend was taking heroin, and yet as another poster points out, they seek to emphasise the cannabis use. Heroin is tearing apart some sections of the community and it is creating more than its fair share of deviants.

At the present time in Britain it is easy and cheap to become addicted to heroin.

In the past 10 years heroin on the streets has halved in price.

On the other hand Cannabis has become increasingly scarce and has risen in price by about 50%-75% in the last 10 years.

Something is very wrong with society and it is becoming increasingly clear to me that certain people want it that way.

While the world follows the story of one little girl that has gone missing, thousands are being tortured to death in their own homes every day. Little boys and girls are dying everyday through neglect and abuse in the UK and the US. Things are not getting better, the abuse is increasing while the response is diminishing. Soon these stories will be so common place that nobody will bat an eyelid and nobody will care.

If I was an administrator looking at the drug problem I would be attempting to reduce the supply of heroin and reduce its price. Cannabis which is far less harmful to wider society, though not necessarily the individual, is being heavily targeted by police, while the smack houses are left untouched.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that something just does not add up.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I firmly believe that no jury would convict a man of killing the killer of his child. the temporary insanity plea alone would work

Interesting, you think that the guy could get away with it by saying that the trauma caused temporary insanity? If I was the judge I would let him go by the 'eye for an eye' rule, but I know it doesn't work like that.

I don't know if that many judges would be prepared to bend the rules in favour of the guy, they like doing things by the book these days.

Anyway even if the father doesn't actually kill the killer, the community should at least let him get a few digs in. Yeah it might be 'assault' but most people would agree that he at least deserves that and I think they would let him get away with it. I don't know about killing him though...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Someone mentioned above about the killing of a 5 year old here in the UK in the nineties. If your reffering to the James Bulger case then his killers were children themselves i think they were 10 years of age. Infact that happened in my area and i was actually arrested as a protester when they were being brought from the courts in a riot van thats how close to home that incident was for me. I was only young myself at the time being some 17 years old. However how should have these 2 children have been treated. As a young man i wanted their blood for what they done to that poor innocent little boy however as a 31 year old adult i now think maybe they were too young to know the severity of what they were doing, I dont know.

The location of these 2 males has long been speculated as they were given new identitys and i believe from reports that both are now fully grown family men with children themselves. Being ex Military and having a lot of family in the military still i am led to believe one of these young men now serve in the British Army his identification unknown to everyone in his regiment apart from his superiors ie commanding officer etc

I have 9 uncles in the police force in this are and 2 of them were involved directly in this case and witnessed the discarded body on the railway line that had been heavily abused as if it was a dead animal

How should young killers like this be treated??

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint

If you want my honest opinion - with all the love and kindness that we can muster.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In some way, the world we have created-creates these people. I just have no idea how. Other animals on this planet will kill there offspring for whatever reason. I think there is alot more to learn about ouselves as a race, that we are in a way blinded from because we are so complex.
its easy to look at chimpanzees and understand and study their behavior, but its not so to look at ourselves the same way.
instead of spending trillions of dollars on war and death lets spend it on the opposite. that is the problem.

to do this we will all have to agree that we need to take back our country(i live in the US)

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Mailman]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The behaviour is not inherently human at all. I am not christianat or even religious, but I do believe that it is possible for people to be possesed by spirits/entities/energy-parasites and to then loose control over their actions.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I cannot believe that anybody could do that to a child, especially their own child. I never could even bring myself to pop my kids on the hand or the but with an open hand, much less using my fist and cigarettes. I hope these two are killed in prison, verrrrrrry slowly to.

CX

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Another case from the UK here this week....

Police are continuing to investigate the death of a 17-month-old boy who was admitted to hospital with "horrific injuries".

The child is believed be on Haringey Social Services' At Risk Register and the department is carrying out its own investigation.

The boy was taken into North Middlesex Hospital in Edmonton, North London.

Scotland Yard said it was treating the death as suspicious, and sources described the injuries as "horrific".

Sky News has learned the child had a broken back, two fingernails missing, and fractured ribs.

Source: Todler dies from horrific injuries

17 months old for God's sake!

I smile for a second whilst i think what these sick people will have coming to them in prison, then again, it's the UK prison system so they'll probably get more rights than thier victim and end up being given more security from other prisoners.

Disgusting.

CX.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Unfortunately, if one was to take the law into their own hands they would be charged, be it assault or murder.

If someone was to do something to my child I would gladly take and assault charge for the chance to beat the snot out of them!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
One thing i have never been able to understand is why do the police not get involved when child abuse is suspected?
This is a geuine question...why just social services?
If it was a husband beating his wife, he would get arrested....why do children who are in the same situation have to rely on social services to "keep checking up on them"

I have never understood this. To me it seems like it is so unfair that when a child can't depend on her carers to care for them, then shouldn't they at least have the law next in line?

I'm not sure how it works in the UK but here in the states it is often both the police and social services involved. Either one may respond first based on a call they receive but often if there are signs of abuse then both agencies would be there.

Social services, or child protective servcies, to take the child into foster care and police to document the neglect/abuse and possibly pursue charges.

It's still not a perfect system and there are times that neighbors will report possible abuse and when police go the house there just aren't any signs of abuse. Unfortunately the neighbors normally want to be anonymous and won't leave names or numbers so there is no one to go talk to and get more detailed information about what exactly they feels is occuring.

In this case it sounds like the little girl was being punished as a result of social services showing up and making them deal with her. I would hazard a guess that once mom got the letter saying her case was closed was when the little girls real troubles started.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Cases like this make me wonder it there is anything that can be done surgically or otherwise that would ensure that the person lives every second of the rest of their life in the worst pain you could endure without passing out.

Then cameras could be placed on them 24/7 for people to watch at will - maybe even vote on next weeks method of torture, that is the version of Big Brother I wouldn't mind seeing. Also would act as a public service - deterring all other sickos.

A service could also be advertised - If you think you may be capable of this sort of crime, come see is confidentially and we will remove the urge (frontal lobotomy)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Now_Then, that stuff is almost as sick as killing kids man.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I remember watching all off this on the News, made me sick to my stomache, what they did to Jamie.

They should never have been released, no matter how mutch they were rehabilitated.

The justice system is a complete joke. Life should mean life, not a minimum off 15 years. Until something is done to fix the Justice system, this is gonna happen time after time.

And it is the victims family who is having to suffer the trauma all over again....

Lets just hope the two peice of scum (that is what they are), who killed this girl never get out of jail..... (hope they rot in hell)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
very very sad, I always stoned by this kind of news report, as a father myself, it is beyond me that why such tragedy happen, those criminal should be publicly executed and have their remain fed to the dog..

here in Penang, Malaysia, a mother conspire with her boyfriend (do we see a pattern here?) to kill her daughter, dismembered the daughter and then burn the remain..

news link 1

news link 2

news link 3

[edit on 13-8-2007 by betaiso]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join